RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Crozar moves forward {to I11}, drawing the long, scourge like whip on its belt. Dramatically, with a soft creaking from it's wooden joints and a stern look of deep concentration on its face, it spun the gnoscourge in a large circle over it's head and snapped it through the air, attempting to rip open a portal.  

{OOC: Summoning Concentration Check: [1d20+5] = 11+5 = 16, I can't actually find anything that defines what my DC would be for this.  The Elementarii description says that it is dependent on the type of the elemental.  I would be pulling a Luceate (Sun) elemental, hopefully is a flash of Sunshad's blessed glare.}
(01-22-2021, 01:48 AM)Kubo Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: So am I correct that Kubo gt hit 4 times for a total of 25 dmg]

If the above is correct kubo will be unconscious as he was at 24HP.
(01-22-2021, 01:48 AM)Kubo Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: So am I correct that Kubo gt hit 4 times for a total of 25 dmg]

[OoC: It was 23 damage BUT I totally forgot about your invisibility, and a couple of other things.  So I will edit the post.  Give me a few minutes.]

[OoC2: Did you tell people you were still injured?  Leaving camp without making sure you're healed, especially when you're in a dangerous area is kind of a no-no.  ]
[[Especially since Selina would fall all over herself to make sure an injured ally was healed and is probably kicking herself for not asking.]]
(01-22-2021, 04:25 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[Especially since Selina would fall all over herself to make sure an injured ally was healed and is probably kicking herself for not asking.]]

[[Yes, there are many people around who could see you're injured.  So if someone wants to use a cure spell on him, I will allow it.  But you have to tell people if you're injured. ]

[[And Kubo had a horseshoe stuffed up his ass because the creatures missed all four attacks.  Maybe you should think about getting out of there because as soon as you attack the invisibility spell vanishes.  They know you're there because you walked through them [bad spot from you] and they're smart enough to notice your foot prints in the spongy ground. ]]

Simon will mention that everyone should try to stay 5' away from them or be possibly diseased.  Hold your breath and try to avoid it's claws.
Betimi heeds the fact that they are immune to electricity and is going to shoot at them with her crossbow.   she will target teh one at I11, moving to H15 for a clear shot if she needs to.

Croosbow attack [1d20+9] = 5+9 = 14; Damage [1d8+1] = 6+1 = 7; + Cold [1d6] = 4  Hits AC 14,  for 7 piercing and 4 cold.

"Get out of there Kubo!"
[OoC1: Despite the shrubbery, there is nothing on the map that blocks your sight or slows your movement. The water on the ground just shows the ground is wet and spongy. ]

(01-22-2021, 05:13 AM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]Betimi heeds the fact that they are immune to electricity and is going to shoot at them with her crossbow.   she will target teh one at I11, moving to H15 for a clear shot if she needs to.

Croosbow attack [1d20+9] = 5+9 = 14; Damage [1d8+1] = 6+1 = 7; + Cold [1d6] = 4  Hits AC 14,  for 7 piercing and 4 cold.

"Get out of there Kubo!"

[FYI: Betimi moving to H15 is 25' movement.  Also there is no creature at I-11.  Were you talking about I-7?]
(01-22-2021, 04:47 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Simon will mention that everyone should try to stay 5' away from them or be possibly diseased.  Hold your breath and try to avoid it's claws.

[[Lulz, Selina dun play da.]]
Oops, yes I meant i-7. And yes h-15 for the movement, trying to space ourselves out.

Doesn't Simon need to be within 10' of nang or lose the prot from chaos?
(01-22-2021, 06:17 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2021, 04:47 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Simon will mention that everyone should try to stay 5' away from them or be possibly diseased.  Hold your breath and try to avoid it's claws.

[[Lulz, Selina dun play da.]]

[OoC: The suffocation rules aren't particularly clear in 3.5e.  The SRD says you can hold your breath for 2 rounds per point of Constitution. After this period of time, the character must make a DC 10 Constitution check in order to continue holding her breath. The save must be repeated each round, with the DC increasing by +1 for each previous success.

Stormwrack says you can only hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to your Constitution.  But then says to check out the rules for Suffocation on page 304 of the DMG which says it's 2 rounds per point of Constitution.

The Swim SRD says, You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to twice your Constitution score, but only if you do nothing other than take move actions or free actions. If you take a standard action or a full-round action (such as making an attack), the remainder of the duration for which you can hold your breath is reduced by 1 round. (Effectively, a character in combat can hold his or her breath only half as long as normal.) After that period of time, you must make a DC 10 Constitution check every round to continue holding your breath. Each round, the DC for that check increases by 1. If you fail the Constitution check, you begin to drown.

Quote:SO...

This is what I think makes the most sense. 

* If you don't have time to actively take a breath then it's 1 round per point of Constitution if you do nothing other than move or take Free actions. [see taking standard or a full-round action found below]

* If you do have time to take a breath then it's 2 rounds per point of Constitution if you do nothing other than move or take free actions. [see taking standard or a full-round action found below]

* But If you take a standard action or a full-round action (such as making an attack), the remainder of the duration for which you can hold your breath is reduced by 1 round.

* After that period of time, you must make a DC 10 Constitution check every round to continue holding your breath. Each round, the DC for that check increases by 1. If you fail the Constitution check, you begin to drown.