RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Initiative NameDamage HealedDamage InflictedCurrent Hit PointsConditionsNotes!
22.4Betimi------01/52(58)----2 Con
21.2Tomeal------ 00/60(66)----1 Con
20.5Simon------ 00/51------
20.1Cozar------ 00/13------
19.4Tegab------ 00/33------
14.6Kubo------ 00/27----5 Con
14.1Selina------00/52(58)----1 Con
9.6Elphaba------ 00/?? ------
5.4Ning/Nang------00/27------
Red CreatureMonsters---1pt(Crozar)01/??------
Purple CreatureMonsters---19pts/10pts(Tomeal)29/??------

[Simon:  Blur effect.  20% miss chance.]

As the creatures set their sights upon the party you watch as their flesh begins to boil and bubble up lashing tentacles, gnashing teeth, tumors, jagged bones and bloodshot eyes of various sizes that soon get swallowed up to allow more appendages, sensory organs and wailing mouths to surface, over and over.  

Betimi takes a chance and charges at the creature.  It has not acted yet [No AoO] so she slides to a stop on the wet ground and touches it's leg...
[If it's affected, you will know on it's turn unless it gets to act normally, a 10% chance.] 

Tomeal braces his shield in front of him then raises his blade above his head with the tip pointed at his foe and bellows, "TO VICTORY!" while charging at the purple creature!  

Tomeal Charge: [1d20+15]=11+15=26, Damage: [1d8+8]=7+8=15; Hit!
Opposed Strength Check: [1d20+6]=15+6=21

Creature's Opposed Strength check: Strength check: [1d20+9]=8+9=17; Failed!

Tomeal charges into the hulking creature, bull rushing him backwards with his shield!  The creature gets knocked back 5' and crushed into the wall! [ Dungeon Crasher: [4d6+10]=14+10=24; 24 damage!]  Tomeal follows the bull rushed beast 5' and skewers him with his blade! [15 damage]  The beast roars in anger as its crushed against the jagged cave wall. 

Simon was out of bombs so he wasn't sure what to do next.  He was hoping for a rest before engaging in another encounter.  So he decides to drink an extract and his body starts to blur, shift and waver.  [Casts Blur Spell]

[Crozar, Tegab, Cubo, and Selina's turns.]  [I forgot to add Elphaba's token. I will do that next post.]
[Crozar and Cubo has already posted their actions.  I will get to that when I wake up in the morning]
Map:
[Image: hwpIhVs.png]
[[Wait...I could have sworn I took Selina's turn already...yeah. I had her charge the Purple monster and end with a Vanguard Strike.]]

[[EDIT: Yeah, this post: http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....4#pid56004]]
(11-30-2021, 05:39 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[Wait...I could have sworn I took Selina's turn already...yeah.  I had her charge the Purple monster and end with a Vanguard Strike.]]

[[EDIT: Yeah, this post: http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....4#pid56004]]

[[You jumped the gun a little!  We were still rolling initiative saves at the beginning of the round! Tongue  It's up to you if you still want to do that action but you'd have to attack the Red creature since both Betimi and Tomeal have you blocked. ]]
[[Oof! You're right! My bad. And thank you for rolling Init for me. Can't Selina go J6, J5, J4, I3? Because that path involves the fewest diagonals.]]
(11-30-2021, 06:04 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[Oof! You're right!  My bad.  And thank you for rolling Init for me.  Can't Selina go J6, J5, J4, I3?  Because that path involves the fewest diagonals.]]

[I didn't roll initiative for you >> http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....2#pid55842 ]

[Re charging: Hmmm...  Well...  After thinking about it I actually think you can.  My reasoning is, if 4 people surrounded someone to flank a target, nothing is stopping the target from just walking out one of the corners.  So if nothing is stopping them then what would be stopping you from doing the same thing?  Do you still plan to do the attack if their initiative happens before yours? ]
[[Yes. In fact, can she spend a Swift Action to set herself in Island of Blades stance first?]]
(11-30-2021, 05:21 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][Crozar, Tegab, Cubo, and Selina's turns.]  [I forgot to add Elphaba's token. I will do that next post.]
[Crozar and Cubo has already posted their actions.  I will get to that when I wake up in the morning]

[[OOC:  He's only Cubo when Elphaba has turned him into a gelatinous cube.  right now he is just regular Kubo. Wink]]
(11-30-2021, 02:10 PM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2021, 05:21 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][Crozar, Tegab, Cubo, and Selina's turns.] 

[[OOC:  He's only Cubo when Elphaba has turned him into a gelatinous cube.  right now he is just regular Kubo. Wink]]

[[ Big Grin ]]

[[Just to make sure you know what Island of Blades stance is:
Initiation Action: 1 swift action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: Stance
You cloak yourself in a swirling nimbus of shadow energy. These shadows spin and flow around you, preventing any creature near you from being able to anticipate your attacks.
Your turn your enemies’ strengths against them, improving your combat ability as well as that of an ally. When you and a comrade move to attack an opponent, you time your attacks and position yourself to frustrate your opponent’s defenses.
If both you and an ally are adjacent to the same creature, the two of you gain the benefit for flanking that opponent. You can gain this benefit against multiple opponents at the same time, as can your allies. If both you and an ally are adjacent to the same two creatures, the two of you gain the benefit of flanking against both creatures.

It's from this source: https://srd.dndtools.org/srd/magic/blade...uvers.html
The Stance says "Swordsage 1" but that only applies to base classes.  It's a Shadow Hand stance and RKVs (MKVs too, since it's just a refit) can learn Shadow Hand]]
[OoC: Selina, as long as you're only doing 1 swift action in a round, you can do it.]

Quote:[[Welp, here's hoping for a good Torque table roll: Torque Check: [1d20+4]=1+4=5]]

[Famous last words...]

ROUND 1

Initiative NameDamage HealedDamage InflictedCurrent Hit PointsConditionsNotes!
22.4Betimi---1(before);7(RC)08/52(58)----2 Con
21.2Tomeal------ 00/60(66)----1 Con
20.5Simon------ 00/51------
20.1Cozar------ 00/13------
20.1Sun Elemental---14(RC) 14/48------
19.4Tegab------ 00/33------
16.9Red Creature---1pt(Crozar);1pt Elemental02/??------
16.9Purple Creature---19pts/10pts(Tomeal); 5(Selina)34/??------
14.6Kubo------ 00/27----5 Con
14.1Selina---2pts(PC)02/52(58)----1 Con
9.6Elphaba------ 00/?? ------
5.4Ning/Nang------00/27------

Quote:[Simon:  Blur effect.  20% miss chance.]
[Selina: +1 Morale bonus on attacks]
[Sun Elemental: AC:18; HP's: 48; Attack: +6; Damage: 2d6+1]
[Vanguard Strike: Everyone gains a +4 bonus on ranged and melee attacks against that target until the start of Selina's next turn.]
[Island of Blades: If both you and an ally are adjacent to the same creature, the two of you gain the benefit for flanking that opponent. You can gain this benefit against multiple opponents at the same time, as can your allies. If both you and an ally are adjacent to the same two creatures, the two of you gain the benefit of flanking against both creatures. ]

Crozar begins summoning the Sun Elemental when he feels the chaotic energy of the Torque tugging at the fabric of his summoning magic to lead it astray.  The elemental reluctantly appears but Cozar begins to feel a spot on either side of his forehead become itchy.  He rubs them a little but the more he rubs the spots the more he wants to itch until suddenly he feels two little nubs sprout from his fibrous skin.  Within several seconds massive Elk antlers grow out of his cranium and spread out to several feet on either side of the Cactacae.

The elemental immediately moves to attack the Red Creature.  Slam: [1d20+6]=15+6=21; Damage: [2d6+1]=5+1=6  
The ball of energy lashes out at the beast but despite landing a solid blow it doesn't seem to do much to it.

Tegab will look at his mom and then to Tomeal.  He whimpers like he wants to help Tomeal but he also wants to obey.  The wolf hound barks at the monsters.

The rapidly shifting Red creature lifts its mallet like fists and pounds one down onto Betimi and the other onto the Sun Elemental!
Attack Betimi: Slam 1: [1d20+10]=13+10=23, Damage: [2d8+5]=2+5=7; HIT!!
Attack Elemental: Slam 2: [1d20+10]=11+10=21, Damage: [2d8+5]=9+5=14; HIT!!

Both Betimi and the elemental were smashed.  Betimi was only struck with a glance blow [7 damage] and the elemental was mashed into the ground.  [14 damage]

The Purple creatures body seems to boil and fester with all manner of appendages from a dizzying array of creatures.  Both enormous fists smash down on Tomeal.  [Does not seem to be confused] 
Slam 1: [1d20+10]=3+10=13, Damage: [2d8+5]=12+5=17; MISS!
Slam 2: [1d20+10]=5+10=15, Damage: [2d8+5]=5+5=10; MISS!

Tomeal uses his shield for protection and digs in his boots into the spongy ground hoping to absorb the impacts of the oncoming fists.  The first slam is avoided and the force of the second fist is absorbed but Tomeal's armor and shield.  "He's all yours, beautiful!" Tomeal says to Selina.

Kubo fires a crossbow bolt into the creature but like all the other times, the bolt doesn't do much of anything.

[I'm not very familiar with Manuvers and Stances so you may have to help me through this...]

Selina runs at the Purple creature.  The beast sees her coming and SWATS her but it didn't seem to do as much damage as expected!
AoO: [1d20+10]=12+10=22, Damage: [2d8+5]=8+5=13; HIT!!; 2 damage!

Selina continues undaunted and returns his blow with a booming strike of her own! [5 Damage!]

Elpaha calls out to everyone, "They obviously need something more than magic weapons to fully harm them!"
The old woman then vanishes.

[Ning's turn then it's Round 2!  Betimi starts, then followed by Tomeal, Simon, Crozar, and Teglab]

Map:
[Image: VGBEWFs.png]
[[They have Damage Reduction 5/something and it's clearly above magic. If only we had some way to align our weapons and knew what their alignments were. Selina doesn't do a ton of damage by herself because she's more of a tank than a DPS machine, but she can at least help everyone hit consistently.]]