RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[[Hrm...Now I'm going to need a DM judgment on whether she can add the +5 to her three checks or not.]]
(02-10-2021, 01:55 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[Hrm...Now I'm going to need a DM judgment on whether she can add the +5 to her three checks or not.]]

[Yes you can.  I won't be that mean.  Tongue  ]
[OoC Doesn't it go by the wand's CL, not yours?]
[[Probably does, so I guess that's +1 (wand level) +2 (location bonus) +5 (Protection from Chaos). So +8 total. Results were 12, 13, and auto-pass.]]
(02-10-2021, 06:24 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: [ -> ][OoC Doesn't it go by the wand's CL, not yours?]

Yes it does.  So the wand is CL1 + CL2 + CL5 = +8.  So the rolls should be [1d20+8]
[OoC: We apparently posted our last posts at the same time.  Tongue ]

First failure:

The spell functions normally, but any material components are not consumed. The spell is not expended from the caster's mind (a spell slot or prepared spell can be used again). An item does not lose charges, and the effect does not count against an item's or spell-like ability's use limit.

Second failure:

The spell does not function, but shimmering colors begin to swirl around you.  Make a DC11 Will save.
Will: [1d20+8]=18+8=26

Selina rolls her eyes at whatever the chaotic field has to throw at her.

[[So the first activation worked, healed Tomeal 3 points and it keeps the charge? The Caster Level check for her Maximized CLW on herself, she rolled an 18 and added 11 to that, so I don't think she would have failed with that result even if she was casting Gate...I wish we had Gate right now Tongue]]

By this point, the moonblade has faded into starlit dust particles, returning to (what Selina believes) its source with her goddess.
Kubo is still 7hp off.
"I am still slightly injured from before!", states Kubo
Crozar tells Selina, "I am unwounded.  Did anyone suffer ill effects from the spores?"  As it talks, Crozar walks over to the avatar of Sunshad.  Smiling into the brilliant sunlight entity, the cacatae drops to it's knees and bows it's head to the soft ground.  "Thank you, Sunspark.  Your blessings are endless and your light gives life to this young growth."  It releases it's binding on the manifestation of sunlight and a small sap-like ear rolls downs it's face between spines as the elemental vanishes with a final flash of light.