RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[[As of right now, Selina is below her normal maximum HP due to Con damage. I will only be rolling for the hit die.]]
Level 6 Hit points: [1d8]=4
[[5 HP gained.]]
[OoC Nang offered a full restoration spell if you had waited, which cures 100%.. you actually did not need to use those potions]
[[I honestly thought that you meant he would have access to it *after* a night's rest. Oh well. Potions are meant to be consumed, anyway. Besides, she's still down 5 Con anyway.]]
(05-11-2021, 11:07 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[I honestly thought that you meant he would have access to it *after* a night's rest.  Oh well.  Potions are meant to be consumed, anyway.  Besides, she's still down 5 Con anyway.]]

Nang did offer it for the morning.  He will get access to 3rd level spells when he studies in the morning.

It is around 2 to 3 hours away from the time to make camp.  You will have to decide if you want to continue on or use this protection circle and shack as a campsite.  I should mention that the Circle is partially shielding you from the Torque's mutating effects.  So it will increase your chance to resist being mutated when I make my rolls.  Though the dice are fickle so you could end up being mutated anyways.
[[Better improve one’s chances, I feel. If the lady will allow us, Selina would rather protect herself as much as possible.]]
Selina slowly works her way to her feet, wincing slightly at a sharp pain in her hamstring.  That is what I get for not stretching properly before a battle with undead whirlwinds and giant spider horrors.  She turns and gives everyone a look.  “Is everyone alright? Ningalu?  Kubo?  Simon?  Crozar?  Betimi?  Where’s Dog?  We need to give him a proper name.”  Her words come out in a meandering babble, a trademark of someone who is at the end of their rope.  She reaches into her pack and fishes out the white bandage.  She knew she really needed it but first asks.  "Is anyone seriously injured?”  When that is answered and addressed, she then turns to the old woman, noting that she seemed to avoid combat entirely, which would have been her advice in the first place.  "Good Lady, would you do us the kind service of allowing us to remain here for a time to rest and recover?"
"We are safer resting here within the relative safety of the anti-chaos wards. Ning, and Selina definitely need the rest. You two took a beating."
The old woman steps out of her shack and surveys the damage.  She gives the plow a dirty look which the plow responds by seemingly wilting and bowing its handles.  

"Well of course you may stay the night," she replies to both Selina and Betimi.  "It will give me time to pack up a few more things.  But I don't think I have enough room for you all inside my home so at least some of you will need to stay outside.  Now, if I may ask you all a favor.  Could you please help me remove this large spider carcass off my land?  I need to inspect the circle.  I'm sure some of the vines have been kicked out of place in the scuffle and will need reweaving to keep the protection circle from degrading."
Crozar approaches the elemental and says in Sunglari, "Thank you for your assistance, Emissary of Sunshad.  Please return to it with my appreciation."  The Elementarii bows to the living sunspot and cracks it's gnoscourge, rending another rift for the elemental to leave through.  Once it is gone, Crozar will respond to Selina, "I am fine.  I will move the spider thing, if someone can help clean up the chunky bits of the other one."  Crozar will lend his great strength to picking up the spider-thing and hauling it to the tree line. [[19 Strength and Powerful Build]]
Selina nods in gratitude.  "Thank you.  We do not mean to impose, but as Betimi said, you would be assisting us immensely."  She wipes down the massive blade of her sword (how do they carry these things around without collapsing from the effort??) and sheathes it, then almost collapses with fatigue.  She was normally quite proud of her endurance, but something about this most recent battle had taken far more out of her than she was ready to admit.  Perhaps someone else in the group could assist her with that.