RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[[The Ravenloft variant really just replaces "Turn Undead" with "Destroy Undead". Meaning, a cleric who expends a turn checks for the highest level she can turn, then destroys X HD of undead. I REALLY hate to do this, but I'm not going to cause problems later on just to afford us some small respite now. So Unless you're offering to let her use the Channel Energy variant now instead, I'll just cancel it and call it a held attack against the first one that comes near her.]]
(04-20-2021, 06:34 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[The Ravenloft variant really just replaces "Turn Undead" with "Destroy Undead".  Meaning, a cleric who expends a turn checks for the highest level she can turn, then destroys X HD of undead.  I REALLY hate to do this, but I'm not going to cause problems later on just to afford us some small respite now.  So Unless you're offering to let her use the Channel Energy variant now instead, I'll just cancel it and call it a held attack against the first one that comes near her.]]

Well Ning has to tell me what he's going to do.  So I have some time to decide.  For anyone interested I will post some turning ideas over in the OoC thread.
[OoC  sorry for the delay.. Online time has been limited as just started home dialysis.]

Ningalu remains under the eaves of the cottage and casts Mirror Image.

Torque check [1d20+17]=18+17=35
Mirror Image [1d4+1]=2+1=3
[OoC:  Sorry I took so long to respond.  Real life sneaked up on me again.  ]

[OoC2: For most of you (maybe all) the only way to fail the Caster Level check is if you roll a 1.  ]

[OoC3: I decided we'd try the Pathfinder variant.  Selina's Turn damage just so happened to be 2d6 so I'm going to use this number (12) to determine damage.  Will Save = 10 + half level (2) + Cha Mod (3).  Total: DC15.]

Initiatives: (Damage) (>Actions)
  1. 25.5 Simon > Drinks Displacement Extract
  2. 24.4 Ning > Casts Mirror Image
  3. 19.1 Selina: Damage 10 > Turns undead and preps Stances
  4. 18.4 Undead A: Damage 5 > Attacks
  5. 18.4 Undead B: Damage 11 >Attacks
  6. 11.6 Kubo
  7. 10.4 Betimi
  8. 9.5 Dog
  9. 7.2 Tomeal
  10. 5.1 Crozar
Simon drinks an extract and suddenly his body fades away and then materializes 2' away from where he was last standing. 

[CL check: [1d20+20]=4+20=24; Succeeds casting Displacement; duration 8 rounds; Effect: 50% miss chance.]

Ning grants himself some cover by staying partially inside the house.  He then casts his his spell and suddenly there are 4 Ning images who mimic each other perfectly, making it impossible to figure out which image is the real Ning.

[Selina, I moved you 5' so you could catch both of them in your Channel Positive Energy which is a 30' radius instead of 60' radius.]

Quote:Selina steps out to confront the creatures, eyes narrowed to thin slits.  In her right hand she grips her sword fiercely.  In her left, the metal circle of her symbol of Selune almost shines with softly glowing light as the residual effect of a recent spell slowly wears off.

If you are of the undead or anything at all similar, Begone!

Her eyes open and flare with pale light to match the symbol.  The glow pulses out to fill the area with moonlight. 

Wave after wave of moonlit energy strikes the creatures.  The creature sneaking in from the North-East seems to take the brunt of the blast!  An instant later their bodies fly apart into clouds of particulated bone and leathery flesh surrounding 2 arms, 2 legs, a skull and torso. 

[Will save 1: [1d20+6]=15+6=21, Will save 2: [1d20+6]=2+6=8; Succeeded (Damage 6); Failed (Damage 12)]

The creatures Turns...

Both clouds of body parts move toward Selina.  Tomeal yells for Selina to pull back!  

Selina's exposed flesh is immediately assaulted with stinging bits of bone and leathery flesh... Automatic damage: [1d3]=2, [1d3]=2; They inflict 4 damage

The body parts then begin slamming against her from both sides.

Cloud A: R Arm: [1d20+7]=7+7=14, L Arm: [1d20+7]=10+7=17, Skull: [1d20+7]=20+7=27; Miss; Miss; HIT!! Possible Crit! Possible Crit: [1d20+7]=6+7=13 ; Crit Failed!
R Leg: [1d20+7]=12+7=19, L Leg: [1d20+7]=10+7=17, Torso: [1d20+7]=6+7=13 ; Miss, Miss, Miss

Cloud B: R Arm: [1d20+7]=5+7=12, L Arm: [1d20+7]=12+7=19, Skull: [1d20+7]=2+7=9 ; Miss, Miss, Miss
R Leg: [1d20+7]=16+7=23, L Leg: [1d20+7]=15+7=22, Torso: [1d20+7]=6+7=13 ; HIT!, HIT!, Miss

Most of the body parts just bounce off different parts of her armor.  But she's struck by a skull [1 dam] from the creature on the left and both legs from the creature on the right. [1 dam; 4 dam] Skull dam: [1d4]=1, L Leg dam: [1d4]=1, R Leg Dam: [1d4]=4 ; Total 6 damage

[Selina must make 3 Fortitude Saves.  One for each hit!: DC15 ]

[Round 1, Continued:  Kubo, Betimi, Dog, Tomeal, Crozar's turns.  Remember, you have a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects. ]

[Image: 4qQIkzF.png]
Kubo moves to 11M and fires his crossbow at the undead creature B, Light Crossbow Attack = [1d20+7]=17+7=24, Light Crossbow Damage = [1d8]=1
Kubo shoots into melee and despite the chaos from the flailing body parts and particulated bone and hide, he manages a glancing shot for 1 damage.

25.5 Simon > Drinks Displacement Extract
24.4 Ning > Casts Mirror Image
19.1 Selina: Damage 10 > Turns undead and preps Stances
18.4 Undead A: Damage 5 > Attacks
18.4 Undead B: Damage 12 >Attacks
11.6 Kubo > Attack Undead B for 1 point of damage
10.4 Betimi
9.5 Dog
7.2 Tomeal
5.1 Crozar
Fort Save: [1d20+9]=4+9=13; Fort Save: [1d20+9]=19+9=28; Fort Save: [1d20+9]=16+9=25

[[Finally failed a save.  Huh.]]

Selina takes the hits in stride, glowering at them as they pelt her with little strikes.

[[Selina takes 5 less damage because of Steely Resolve.  And while I'm not positive it's still occurring, she and Tomeal have been getting Aid cast on them.  Maybe that still factors in?]]

"Simon!  Bombs away!"
Selina resist two of the attacks but she suddenly feels tired.  

Con damage: [1d4]=3

Selina loses 3 points of Constitution.

No aid spell is affecting you at the moment.

[OoC: DDP (seen beside your damage taken) is short for Delayed Damage Pool ]

1. 25.5 Simon > Drinks Displacement Extract
  2. 24.4 Ning > Casts Mirror Image
  3. 19.1 Selina: Damage 5 + DDP 5; Takes 3 Con Damage > Turns undead and preps Stances
  4. 18.4 Undead A: Damage 5 > Attacks
  5. 18.4 Undead B: Damage 12 >Attacks
  6. 11.6 Kubo > Attack Undead B for 1 point of damage
  7. 10.4 Betimi
  8. 9.5 Dog
  9. 7.2 Tomeal
Map updated. Both Ning and Kubo are in their proper squares...

[Image: KyjP6Cjm.jpg]
Betimi is going to step over to L10 (5' step) and call down lightning onto Creature B.

Lightning Strike [3d6]=11 DC 16 Refl for 1/2