RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-19-2020, 06:15 AM)Kubo Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: though Kubo does not have the same racial advantages as Ning, I don't plan on him giving up his role as a party scout with his backstory and class selection thus far, but I think he is more melee oreinted then ning being a barb/ ranger, I am considering maybe picking up a level of rogue for access to sneak attack now.]

There are some rogue prestige classes that get full bab.  You might want to look into those and try to pick up their prerequisites. 

Did you see my post about picking up Quickdraw?
(10-18-2020, 04:50 AM)Kubo Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: Is there a feat that gives sneak attack?]

There is a fighter variant that gives up their feats and replaces them with sneak attack. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classe...tm#fighter

Nightsong enforcer has full bab and gains sneak attack every 3 levels.
[OoC: did I read the requirements for Nightsong Enforcer correctly, BAB +5. Is there something else I missed, that looks suitably awsome. Are there any special rules for prestige classes?]
(10-19-2020, 11:03 AM)Kubo Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: did I read the requirements for Nightsong Enforcer correctly, BAB +5. Is there something else I missed, that looks suitably awsome. Are there any special rules for prestige classes?]

Don't you need a Hide 10 and Move Silently 10?  

Remember, because you took Ranger, Hide and Move Silently becomes a class skill for all your classes.  So if you do need a Hide 10 and MS 10 the earliest you could take a level would be 8th because you need to qualify first before taking a prestige class.  The earliest you can have 10 skill points in a skill is 7th level so you would pick up the class the next level.

I'm sure there are other Prestige classes. I know Invisible Blade is cool but you have to use dagger, kukri or (I think) punch daggers.  But it's a pretty fun class.  Being able to feint as a free action gives you a sneak attack each round without needing to flank or catch enemies flat footed, as long as you succeed in your bluff check.
[OoC: I found a more complete source then the original one I was looking at, which states the following,
Requirements
Base Attack Bonus: +5
Skills: Hide 10 ranks , Move Silently 10 ranks
Feats: Improved Initiative
Special: Evasion class feature.
Special: The character must undergo intensive training and tests with the Nightsong Guild before she can gain the class abilities.

So Kubo needs 2 more ranks in his Hide skill, +2 to his BAB, and the Improved initiative feat to qualiy for this class]
[[What are we up to here? Camping for the "night"?]]
[OoC: We got a little off topic in this thread.  I would move the off topic posts but the site has lost that function, at least until they do a site update!  So to everyone, including me, please try to only post in character posts in this thread.  Posts about character advancement and questions that don't pertain to your character's actions, can be placed in either the OoC or Character Concepts threads.  Thank you]

(10-17-2020, 08:32 PM)Ningalu Baal\urki Wrote: [ -> ]Ning decides to humour the dwarf and this time stays floating along silently behind him does not tell the dwarf he is there.

Hide [1d20+18] = 18+18 = 36; Spot [1d20+6] = 15+6 = 21

[OoC Kubo if you want to assume a rle as scout, which is what Ningalu is BUILT for, you need to invest in Spot, Hide, and MS. or just ask Ning to make you invisible.  Ning is not bothering to make himself invisible because of the Torque]

Both Kubo and Ning sneak to the mouth of the cave.  Since blindsight makes concealment irrelevant and users rarely have to make spot checks within the radius of their sight, Nang's blindsight picks up something at the very back of the cave.  

[Kubo needs a Spot check]
(10-21-2020, 12:10 AM)Kubo Wrote: [ -> ]Spot Check = [1d20+3] = 3+3 = 6

[That would be a fail...]

At this point, only Ning notices that there is something that's not a mushroom hiding among the shrooms and rocks. But whatever it is, even through it seems to be squatting it's pretty damn big.  He's guessing the thing would be around 8' standing.
Is Ning/Nang still under the effects of the anti-Torque wand?