RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Crozar spends much of their shift discussing summoning and it's relation to how Crozar brings forth the servants of Sanshad.  Over the course of the conversation Crozar comes to a relevation that the true gift he had been granted to him by Sanshad was not summoning the servants themselves, but being able to call forth representatives of the other elements as well. Crozar had previously thought that the Torque may manifest elemental power because the magical radiation seemed similar to the magical power of Sanshad itself, but now it seemed that Torque elementals would be an emergent property of the power of the Torque itself and would definitely be out there somewhere.  During their conversation the Cacatae will layout its reasoning for the existence of Torque elementals and their possible use in directing and, hopefully, removing or controlling the spread of Torque areas to get her thoughts and to see if in her decades of living within the Torque she had seen anything that would support these theories.

[[OOC: updated sig and character sheet with the level. If you would like to RP out this conversation, GM Marvel, just let me know I would be happy to do so, but didn't want to try to prompt that here in the main thread.]]
Betimi will nod to Selina, noting their leaders hesitation.

"No, I would prefer your home over mine, it took me years to escape. I do not mind this place, but I have vowed to see the rest of you safely home. I will keep my word."
(01-17-2022, 08:48 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ]Selina doesn't bother hiding a little side-eye at Simon, before she responds to Tomeal first.  "From the moment we arrived on this plane, my thoughts on our situation were made abundantly clear.  I wish to return us all home.  Maybe not all of us all the way home..." she glances briefly at Betimi with...some confusion.  Selina wasn't sure where exactly she called home.  "But, at the very least I wish to return us to Cantus.  Given what we have discovered here...I am not certain how direct that path may be.  But our inevitable destination will not change in my mind.  What are your thoughts?"

She then turns to Simon and nods.  "Please do.  Remember that your experience with this energy, this portal, and that contraption of yours far outstrips my own."

While staring at the cave, Simon nods in acknowledgement.  He then slowly walks toward the opening completely oblivious to the whatever moment the two may have been having.

"I'd like to go home too.  How else will you meet my parents," Tomeal replies while flashing a smile. 

Elphaba listens to Crozar's theories about Torque Elementals then replies, "I've seen some incredible things since arriving in the Torque.  I can't say I have seen a Torque Elemental but anything is possible here.  If you actually found one it could upend what scientists thought they knew about the region.  It might even mean there is a Torque energy plane.  Or it could be just an elemental that found itself too close to the Torque and it mutated."

Simon arrives at the cave and shines a lantern into the entrance.  His eyes widen slightly as he says, "Ahhh... You guys better come see this.  The electricity wasn't coming from the cave..."
Selina gives Tomeal her special smile in response.  "So sad that I will not be able to return the favor.  I'm sure I can find some way to make it up to you."

When Simon attempts to draw everyone's attention, Selina will give a very slight sigh, gently take Tomeal's hand and give him a look that speaks volumes.  "Yes, Simon?"
When any member of the party approaches the cave Simon steps aside.  Peering into the cave you see the rounded top of a black door with light blue runes written along it's edge peeking out between the rocks of a cave in and the ceiling.  Elphaba whispers, "That's the cave-in I told you about.  The boulders must have sunk into the fleshy ground because I don't remember seeing any door.  Those creatures are new too."
"Can any of you read the runes?"

[[I doubt it's religion-related, but...]]
Know. Religion: [1d20+10]=13+10=23
Kubo can read dwarven.
Elphaba says, "Probably a read magic with a dash of Arcane knowledge would be able to figure it out.  Can anyone cast read magic?  If not, does anyone still need to memorize?"

The arm with the hand attached that's sticking out of Ning's chest raises its hand.  Ning then says, "Nang says he always has Read Magic memorized and he's well schooled in Arcane knowledge (+13).  But first we should probably move the rocks out of the way so he can study the whole door.  If anyone else has Read Magic, my brother would be happy to have assistance or vice versa if they are more skilled."

"I guess that's my cue to get my butt to work!  Let's go guys and gals."  Tomeal gives Selina's hand an affectionate squeeze then removes his shield, weapon belt full of weapons and his cloak.  He walks into the mouth of the cave and is about to start lifting and dragging rocks out of the way when Nang (the arm) raises its hand.  

Ning speaks for Nang again.  "I think I have a way to clear most of the rubble.  It's an elemental creature called a Thoqqua.  It's so hot it can burrow through stone.  Or I can save my magic and we can spend a few hours clearing away the stones and boulders." 
Selina clears her throat and smiles.  "Perhaps a little hard work will help us all..." (thinking this might tax some of us and cause exhaustion/fatigue) "but if you believe this...Thoqqua, was it?  If you believe it can quicker the task without endangering us or possibly collapsing the cavern.  Then that would be suitable."
Crozar stands and stretches.  The massive cacatae says, "I think we should save the spell and possible Torque reflex. Between Kubo, Tomeal and I, we should be able to clear the rocks fairly quickly.  I think that a creature burning hot enough to melt stone might cause damage to the door itself.  It is why I didn't suggest calling a servant of Sanshad to do work on it too."