RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Initiative [1d20+4] = 14+4 = 18]

[OoC how did I suddenly pass my brother? Neversaid I would run past him. I would have shoved him rather than run past]
[OoC:  You were 20' away from your brother.  Making 2 move actions through difficult terrain is 15' x 2 = 30'.  You made no mention of tackling your brother.  Even if you did tackle him, the creatures move faster than you and their attacks on him would have happened anyways.

FYI:  Nang was delaying too and will go next.  I was just waiting for initiatives before revealing the results of his saves.  You know, for suspense.  Tongue 

Will post soon...]
Initiatives:
  1. Simon 21
  2. Ning 20
  3. Monsters 19 (delayed)
  4. Nang 18 (delayed)
  5. Selina 17
  6. Dog 17 (delayed)
  7. Tomeal 16 (delayed)
  8. Betimi 10
Nang grips his head, calling out to the Green Mother for help as whatever it was was attempting to gently find an opening into his mind.  Luck was with him this day as he easily forces the alien presence out of his mind!   Nang immediately raises his staff into the air and chants a prayer...

"BLESSsss, USsss!"   

The spell fails.  Instead shimmering colors begin to swirl around the small kobold.  Lighting him up like a multi-colored flare in the darkness of the caverns.  [It's considered a glitterdust effect.  Nang resists the blinding.] 

Nang looks toward his brother and asks, "What'sss happening?"

[What light sources do you have.  Nang had none because he had Darkvision.]

[It's now Selina, Dog, Tomeal, Betimi and Simon's turns!]

[Image: ArZSKqN.png]
[OoC Ning fleeing to his current location was his turn? Or does he get an action?]

As a free action he yells at his brother.  "Magic messed up!"
[OoC: Nang will be running to E9 in this round but I had forgot to move him when setting up the map.  The process of remembering how to make a battlemap took longer than I thought, so I said, screw it, I'll move him on the next update.]
((I don't know who has torches.  Selina wields a greatsword, so she can't use a torch.))

Selina pushes forward, not sure where the target is, but knowing that she needs to be between the kobolds and...whatever it was.  "Get behind me!  And you!  Whatever you are...COME AT ME!"

[[Moves to E4 and sets Iron Guard's Glare stance.]]
Betimi has darkvision, as do I think he kobolds. So a light soure would be needed by Selina or Tomreal, that is it.
[OoC: YAY!  While I was previewing my post so I don't lose it, my internet cut out and I lost the post!   Angry ]

[OoC2:  The group has an Everburning Torch.  They just have to decide who's carrying it.  Selina uses a Greatsword and Tomeal uses a Longsword and Shield so they can't carry it unless Tomeal gives up his shield.  So it seems like Simon is the best choice.  You could have it strapped to the dog's back and as long as he remains a good boy and doesn't run off, he's a possible choice too.  But for now, I will assume Simon is carrying it, unless their is some objection.

Torch light radius has been added.  Inside the yellow circle is normal light.  Between the yellow and grey circles is shadowy light.]

[OoC3: Ning's current location is the end of his moves.  Nang can still move as I forgot to move him from where he was waiting.]

Selina and Tomeal move into defensive positions and prepare for attacks.  (Is Selina using her new sword?  The Cold Iron Great Sword in this post... >> Here << )

The dog follows along behind his adoptive mom, Selina.

With torch in hand, Simon moves beside the Archivist (Nang) and places a wand into his hand.  "You're the only one who can use this.  It will help with spells being cast in the Torque."

Nang cries, "BROTHER, COME HhhhERE!  GOT SssOMTHhhhING FOR YOUSsss!"

[Waiting on Betimi.]

[Image: FG61Vp4.png]
[OoC  confusion  Ning is beguiler not archivist.. who did Simon hand the wand to?]

[OOC2  Ning = me, Nang = NPC  you sem to have swapped the two,  but also put Simon standing besde my token]
(06-30-2020, 06:49 PM)Ningalu Baal\urki Wrote: [ -> ][OoC  confusion  Ning is beguiler not archivist.. who did Simon hand the wand to?]

[OOC2  Ning = me, Nang = NPC  you sem to have swapped the two,  but also put Simon standing besde my token]

[OoC: sorry, it is Nang, the Archivist, who was handed the wand.  The Beguiler, Ning, can't use the wand because the spell isn't on his list. Post has been edited. ]

[OoC2:  The positions of the avatars are correct. Tomeal is standing beside you, the beguiler.  The black haired avatar is Simon, who's standing beside the Archivist.]