RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-10-2021, 05:57 PM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: [ -> ]"That is a valid point, Simon.  I produce more flowers than most, an expression of my birthright blessing of Sunshad, but I have not seen a cacatae produce fruit before.  I'm not sure whether I should be more disturbed by the growth or that it didn't alarm me until you pointed it out," Crozar says as it plucks all of the fruit it can see on its person. "Can someone check my back please?"

[[OOC: Would Gather information, Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Planes), Spellcraft or UMD apply to trying to figure out anything more about these fruit or the effect that impacted me to produce them?]]

As far as I can find, it was never specified how many fruit I gathered, nor was there a response to this question.  Right after this we moved into talking to Ephaba (the old woman).
(05-27-2021, 08:15 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Simon eventually finishes up his analysis of the fruit.  "It appears what we have here is something I'm calling a Potion Fruit.  When you eat them, they cast Vigor spell on you.  How many did you say was gathered?"

Quote:VIGOR
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Cleric 3, Druid 3,
Components: V, S,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Living creature touched
Duration: 10 rounds + 1 round/level (max 25 rounds)
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

This spell functions like lesser vigor, except as noted here and that it grants fast healing 2.

Unless there is something more for you to do, you all eventually camp for the night.  The cavern has a dim otherworldly glow that plays tricks with your eyes.  Shadowy apparitions lurk in the corners of your vision that you know is just your imagination playing tricks on you but you can't help but look just in case this time it might be real.  The dead silence is occasionally shattered by the nocturnal howling of some mutant creature that seem strangely familiar.  Maybe it once was a bear or even a dying moose... You're not sure... Whatever mutations that have been inflicted on the creatures make them sound alien and raises the hairs on the back of your necks.  Each of you share these experiences when it's your time to take watch and despite the night seeming incredibly drawn out, everyone begins to wake up to start their morning rituals.

[I made the Torque checks.  You're lucky you stayed in the circle or Betimi would have gained 200 pounds overnight and the Wolf-Hound would have had its paws switched out for suction cups. ]

[[That's...handy.  Sorry Tongue]]
Once everyone is up, Ning flies over to Selina, so that Nang can cast his restorative spells on her.
(05-29-2021, 06:15 PM)Ningalu Baal'urki Wrote: [ -> ]Once everyone is up, Ning flies over to Selina, so that Nang can cast his restorative spells on her.

Before going to rest, Selina goes to her ever-watchful guard and sweeps his hair out of his face, using the movement to whisper a few special words and cast a protective spell called Tyche's Touch (which has a 24 hr duration) on him.  Selina had taken her watch in the middle of the night, as usual, so she could simulate her usual appreciation of the moon at its fullest and strongest.  She knew already that Selune could reach her in this dreadful place, so she would never stop praying to her.  She felt stronger in her faith, as if Selune herself was granting her priestess some special knowledge kept only in strict confidence.  Ever the faithful servant, Selina accepted such knowledge with the gravity and gratitude it deserved.  [[Selina is now a Moonstone Knight Vindicator.  New spell level and spells, an extra stance, and some other good stuff.]]  As she wakes up and receives the spell from Ningalu/Nangalu, she takes a deep breath and realizes how tight her chest had felt before that.  It felt so much freer now.  With a smile, she thanks the pair genuinely and casts Tyche's Touch once more on herself.  It seemed a little selfish...but she was becoming more and more used to the fact that she and Tomeal were to be relied upon as the primary melee combatants.  She needed all the protection she could muster as they forged a path to get out of this awful place.  The previous night, she had attempted to commune with her blade, and received no response.  But she knew that it was still responding to her because she could practically feel its disappointment in not being used during the last combat.  She couldn't help that, but she wanted to feel that connection deepen.  At the very least, it could possibly give her some connection to her past.  Maybe.  This time, she would try a different tactic and play hard to get.  Who knew?  Maybe the blade would finally respond.
(05-27-2021, 09:05 PM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2021, 05:57 PM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: [ -> ]"That is a valid point, Simon.  I produce more flowers than most, an expression of my birthright blessing of Sunshad, but I have not seen a cacatae produce fruit before.  I'm not sure whether I should be more disturbed by the growth or that it didn't alarm me until you pointed it out," Crozar says as it plucks all of the fruit it can see on its person. "Can someone check my back please?"

[[OOC: Would Gather information, Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Planes), Spellcraft or UMD apply to trying to figure out anything more about these fruit or the effect that impacted me to produce them?]]

As far as I can find, it was never specified how many fruit I gathered, nor was there a response to this question.  Right after this we moved into talking to Ephaba (the old woman).

[OoC: Yeah my bad.  You found 7 fruit (large berries). ]
Selina's blade remains the silent type but she does get a feeling like it's waiting for something.

In the morning everyone has something to eat and packs up their bags.  The old woman spends some time in private in the woods close to her shack.  

[It's up to you if you wish to disturb her...]

If you don't, she returns with a smile on her face.  "Thank you so much for protecting my home.  We really should celebrate!"  She then goes into her hut and produces some of her cookies and some home made wine.
(05-27-2021, 08:15 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Simon eventually finishes up his analysis of the fruit.  "It appears what we have here is something I'm calling a Potion Fruit.  When you eat them, they cast Vigor spell on you.  How many did you say was gathered?"

Crozar responds as he looks through his hip bag and counts the odd fruit inside, "Six, no, seven.  These will prove useful.  You may refer to them as Potion Fruit if you like, but I will dub them Sunshad's Refreshment.  Sunshad has used either our friendly wooden giant or the Torque itself to bless me, and us, with this gift and should be honored in the naming."  Taking a few berries in each hand he holds them out to everyone, "Would anyone like to carry one?  If not I will keep them here in my bag if anyone needs them."
"And after observing the rabbit that took a bite of the fruit then stopped eating, it may also act like a goodberry spell.  Providing the benefits of eating at least a whole meal with one berry, possibly a whole day since it's obviously more powerful than a regular goodberry."
"Selina and Tomreal should each carry at least one, the rest I am satisfied if they stay with you."
"Could I have 1 as well, if'n no one objects!", asks Kobu.