RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[OoC:

Sorry, I somehow got my rolls confused.

You needed a 20 to activate the wand with the password.  You rolled a 24 which is a success!

Then you needed a 16 for the Torque roll.  You rolled a 17 which is also a success!  (For some reason I thought you needed an 18.  Confused  )

So you did succeed in your checks!]

[Backtracking a bit...]  

Betimi says the magic word and suddenly she hears a deep voice whisper the magic properties of the masterwork dagger... [Dagger +2]
[OoC wow dagger +2 betim may actually claim that, same average damage as the spear, and 10% better hit chance..  and as GM Marvel pointed out we  if we ever get to a decent city could pay to have the enchantment transferred]

Betimi confirms it is a wand of identify.. 

"we need to  use this on the other items, but we should prioritize them in case it runs out of charges."
Selina nods her agreement.  “The armor and bows should be next, I believe.”
"The strength bow, the light crossbow, any other bows?  And which armours, all of them or just the ones people want.. Tomreal which armour are you interested in?"

Betimi passes the wand to Nang, now that they know its effects and that it is on his spell list.
post Aurelia's next action [she used her first move action] so I can proceed in the other Stalwart Adventurers game
"I believe that we should focus our resources on what is most needed, so Identify the items that we wish to wear or wield.  For example, I know not if anyone would require the use of the Falchion.  Perhaps Tomeal would, if he does not also want the magical longsword and Steel shield to upgrade his current arsenal.  I know little about weapons, save the ones I have begun learning to use.  In terms of armor, the half-plate would be a good idea to identify as it was a subject of dispute and the breastplate as well.  If we have any more charges in that wand after the half-plate and bows and longsword, identifying the wands may also prove useful."

[[So, in order, Selina is suggesting this:
1. Str Bow
2. Light x-bow
3. Longsword
4. Wands
5. Half-plate
6. Any other bow Cloak, Amulets, Bracers

If she seems biased towards helping Tomeal over anyone else...perhaps she can be forgiven.  The wands may actually be more important than the half-plate, though.

EDIT: those other items will probably be much more important than anything else.]]
We haven't heard from Tomreal if he WANTS the half-plate was my point.. he might actually prefer light armour so needs to speak up.. in which case the elven chain or chain shirt would make sense.  We only know you debated it so need to find out if it is better than what you have.    Which I bet it is, sine it gives at very least less armour check penalty for same AC.
While Betimi and Selina continue to debate the armour Ning/Nang will use the wand to Identify the half-plate, then the elven chain, then the longbow, crossbow, and longsword.

Making Torque checks.
Nangalu Torque check - ahlf plate [1d20+7] = 10+7 = 17
Nangulu Torque check elven chain [1d20+7] = 3+7 = 10

pause to see what happens
"Are ye settling in to rest up a bit, are ye preping to move on?", inquires Kubo.
[OoC: I FINALLY have a day off!!  Now where were we... ]

[OoC: Remember, Tomeal offered his services to help them get home.  So for the time being, he considers himself a mercenary so he will do what the party requests of him.  Once you get back to Neo-Prime (Semenuva) then he will act more independently. ]

Tomeal adds, "I actually would prefer the lighter armor because I like to be able to move around the battlefield and sleep in my armor without getting fatigued.  But if the party insists that protection would be a better idea then I would switch to the heavier armor during the day and wear my lighter armor while I sleep.  Just so I still have some protection if we're caught by surprise while resting."

Ning checks the Half-Plate and he hears a deep whisper in his mind, "Half-Plate +2!"

He tries again but he feels the magic suddenly slip out of his control causing shimmering colored lights to start swirling around him but he manages to resist the effect so it fades away. [Save succeeded on the Glitterdust effect.]  Identify spell failed.  Charge used.