RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ningalu moves 20' to M6, then loads his crossbow.
[[Assuming Selina can move the dog on her turn...]]

Selina glowers at the mephit that dared attack her pup. She drops her sword, standing on it with her boot so that it doesn't slip off the side, and (SHOCKER!) draws her crossbow, eyes never really leaving the Mephit. With one hand, she gently scratches the dog's head as she channels healing through it, simultaneously using that hand to gently coerce the dog behind her, so that she is standing in front of it, a far more imposing target for the pesky flier.

CLW: [1d8+3] = 3+3 = 6

[[No Action: Rage at Mephit for hurting her pupper.
No Action: Drop sword and step on it.
Minor: Draw X-Bow
Standard: Convert Divine Favor into CLW and cast on Pupper
Move: Shift places with Pupper]]
[OoC:  Did you mean Imp2?  If you run to the base of the stairs it will be pretty hard to see Imp5 through the stairs.  There are also a few teammates in your way.  But nothing is blocking your line of sight to Imp2.]

[OoC: Remember, when Divine casters cast cure spells they roll 1d4+4 instead of 1d8.  This advantage is given to divine casters to differentiate them from Arcane healers and also so Priests spends less time in combat constantly healing which while certainly helpful, it can get a bit monotonous.  So rerolling Selina's CLW (1d4+4+3rd level=??; Result 10) ]

Betimi moves across the deck and down the stairs.  As she turns to throw the scarab at Imp5 She's jostled by Guard1 which causes her to stumble on the stairs.  Her scarab flips out of her hand and burns a hole in the stairs.

As Ning scurries 20' toward the bow of the ship, he pulls out his crossbow and loads it.  Nang his younger twin, speechlessly watches in terror as his twin abandons him.

The captain continues to try to navigate the ship back and forth trying to lose the mephits but they are too maneuverable to lose for long.

The Guards follow their leader's (Guard1) last command and clamor across the deck toward the stern of the ship.  Guard5 and Guard4 begin loading the Ballista.

While Selina growls at the mephit, she pulls out her crossbow while switching places with the pooch [All part of a move action], drops her sword [Free action] and steps on it [I'm letting this be part of the move action], she then reaches down and whispers a prayer to Selune [standard action].  The words of power to Divine Favor vanishes from her mind as healing surges through the dog.  The dog licks Selina's hand and whimpers happily.

[Speaking of whimpering...]
Nang's scaly bottom lip quivers in fear.  With very little magic left and no magic weapons, he hopes his bless and dark knowledge can help the others until he sees an opening to do something.  [Delaying]

Nacesh summons another Ice Knife and hurls it at Imp2.  The knife would have struck true but the blur muddles the attack causing him to miss.  The knife however explodes when it misses.  The imp manages to dodge much of the icy chill but takes 2pts of damage.

Simon slips a small bottle out of his pouch and drinks it.

Round 4

Quote:Initiatives and Damage Updates:

25 Creatures [Imp1: DEAD]; [Imp2: 14]; [Imp3: FELL]; [Imp4: FELL]; [Imp5: 2]; [Imp6: FELL]; [Imp7: FELL]; [Imp8: Dropped out of sight]
23 Forge [3/ 37]
15 Kee [4/ 17]
14 Tomeal [1/ 48]
12 Betimi  [3/42]
11 Ning [1/17] 
10 Captain [1/41]
9  Guards  [Guard1: 12/20]; [Guard2: 12/20]; [Guard3: 19/20]; [Guard4: 0/20]; [Guard5: 10/20]
8  Selina [0/38], Dog: [3 damage]
7 Nang (Ning's twin) [3/8]
5 Nacesh [0/21]
4 Simon [4/42]

Giggling manically, Imp2 slides backward in the air and unleashes another blast of grit and debris at: Tomeal, Kee, Forge, Guard5 and Guard2.  [All made the save]  [1pt of damage each.  Rolleyes Forge's DR absorbed the damage]  Seeing how ineffective his attack was, the mephit's giggling abrupt changes to a sad moan, "Awwwweee..."

Imp5 flies to the north and breaths southward, catching Guard3, Guard1 [Made, Failed], Dog [Failed], Simon [Made], Selina and the Captain [Made].  [DC12 and you take 3pts or 1pt Rolleyes[Need a DC12 Reflex save from Selina]

Guard3 is looking pretty wobbly... Guard1 and Guard2 is starting to look a little weak too.

Kee launches his spiritual longsword at Imp2, but it completely missed the creature.

Tomeal fires an arrow at Imp2, [Blur Fails] which catches the creature in the shoulder, hurting it badly [6 damage].  The mephit falls out of the air and begins spiraling toward the mountains below.

EVERYONE ELSE'S TURN!  REMEMBER THE +3 TO HIT FROM BLESS AND DARK KNOWLEDGE!

[I made the Mephits who have fallen out of site a little smaller.  Only Imp1 you know is truly dead because the guards hacked it to bits.  Imp1 is no longer on the map.]

[Image: u20XVCm.png]
[[i feel bad. I had a whole post up and rolled the Ref save, but accidentally closed the tab. She rolled a 3 for a total of 7.]]

Selina grunts as the mephit’s odorous breath actually causes her physical pain!  Glaring grimly at the little creature, she draws and nocks a bolt into her crossbow, takes careful aim and...

Range: [1d20+7] = 19+7 = 26; [1d8] = 4
[[Wow...just, wow.  Almost a crit with a common x-bow.]]

...allows the assistive magicks to direct her to release the bolt through the creature.  Grinning a little, she draws and mocks another bolt.[/i]
[OoC: Parcellus  Is your crossbow magical?]

Despite practically stepping face first into the Mephit's breath weapon, Selina notices that her body seems to ignore the damage...
[[No, standard x-bow. She ignored the damage?]]
(03-25-2019, 01:07 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[No, standard x-bow.  She ignored the damage?]]

[OoC: That's what I thought.   Sad   But yes, she somehow ignored the damage.  If you remember, this happened once before too.  Sorrry you edited your signature.  ]
[[Actually, I just remembered that crusaders have a damage pool that delays a certain amount of damage taken till the end of the round and grants extra damage based on the amount of delayed damage taken. At this level it’s 1-5 points of delayed damage that grants 1 point of bonus damage to their attacks. It’s called Steely Resolve and Furious Counterstrike. But I don’t remember when it happened that she ignored damage altogether.]]
(03-25-2019, 01:24 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[Actually, I just remembered that crusaders have a damage pool that delays a certain amount of damage taken till the end of the round and grants extra damage based on the amount of delayed damage taken.  At this level it’s 1-5 points of delayed damage that grants 1 point of bonus damage to their attacks.  It’s called Steely Resolve and Furious Counterstrike.  But I don’t remember when it happened that she ignored damage altogether.]]

[OoC; It's difficult to explain.  A spellcraft might help you in figuring out what happened.  You do take damage it just doesn't bother you.  If your crusader abilities delay the damage too long then you really will take the damage.  

It happened when you were fighting Unreth. http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....4#pid19704 ]
(03-25-2019, 01:40 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][OoC; It's difficult to explain.  A spellcraft might help you in figuring out what happened.  You do take damage it just doesn't bother you.  If your crusader abilities delay the damage too long then you really will take the damage.  

It happened when you were fighting Unreth. http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....4#pid19704 ]

[[Hmm.  Steely Resolve only delays a set amount of damage.  It’s up to 5 points in a single round right now.  Anything beyond that is taken directly from her HP as normal.  It’s just a little bit of extra that makes Crusaders such good tanks.]]

Selina is curious about how she can’t feel the damage caused by the stink breath...

Spellcraft: [1d20+6] = 13+6 = 19