RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[OoC Fast forwarding to the next morning after they have rested}

After a brief morning repast Betimi disappears into the garderobe, something which does not normally draw attention.  That is until a few moments later when a loud squawk is hard, like that of a bird, then a thud. Seconds later there is the sound of a gravelly, harsh mans voice is heard talking in some unintelligible language, at the same time growling and ripping sounds are heard, like thatn of a carnivore ripping into a kill. Then as abruptly as the sounds started, just as the party was contemplating bashing the garderobe door down, Betimi opens the door, straightening her cloak as she steps out.

"I am ready.." Her voices is deep and gravelly, almost a growl.. she coughs then clears her throat, trying again "Well.. crap, I guess that determins my disguise."

Then before your eyes her pale white skin and black alien eyes are replaced by those of a middle aged, gruff bearded man. She .. he grows a bit taller, closer to 6 feet tall, and his.. her? armour is replaced by a stained leather apron over rough spun woolen tunic and leather breeches. Her large brown travel cloak appears unchanged, though it's rough spun appearance probably does look more at home on this man than it did on her. The mace she had tucked into her belt is replaced by a heavy carpenter's hammer, a tool that a tradesman might be carrying when traversing the rougher parts of a city.

"Does this look okay, will I draw attention? Did I miss any details I need to fix? I am trying to look like some of the peasants i saw on the streets of Cantus. I hope they would fit in here. I can change it at will if needs be."

The entire time she is talking she tis turning so that teh party can get a look at her.. him?

For @GM Marvel:
Binding Check Bindr level + Chr [1d20+7] = 3+7 = 10
= Oops, not a good pact.
Quote:Sign: Your voice deepens and acquires a gravelly, growling
tone.
Infl uence: While you are infl uenced by Naberius, you
love the sound of your own voice and are constantly pleased
by your cleverness. Whenever you are presented with a
pulpit, a stage, a talking stick, or any other place or object
designed to give a speaker the fl oor, Naberius requires that
you immediately seize the opportunity to speak. Any topic
will do, but since Naberius resents others taking control of
the discourse, he requires that you either shout them down
or mock them. Your speech must last a number of rounds
equal to your effective binder level to satisfy Naberius.

Apparently Nacesh misinterpreted the contract details Wink but nods with an appreciative grin at Gilley's proposal.

The spearman also nods with a smirk on Betimi's appearance but does not comment.

OOC - Betimi, no, I can't remember ever calling dibs on the hand, what I meant was that we should not sell so you may as well use it.
(07-24-2017, 05:35 AM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]For @GM Marvel:
Binding Check Bindr level + Chr [1d20+7] = 3+7 = 10
= Oops, not a good pact.
Quote:Sign: Your voice deepens and acquires a gravelly, growling
tone.
Infl uence: While you are infl uenced by Naberius, you
love the sound of your own voice and are constantly pleased
by your cleverness. Whenever you are presented with a
pulpit, a stage, a talking stick, or any other place or object
designed to give a speaker the fl oor, Naberius requires that
you immediately seize the opportunity to speak. Any topic
will do, but since Naberius resents others taking control of
the discourse, he requires that you either shout them down
or mock them. Your speech must last a number of rounds
equal to your effective binder level to satisfy Naberius.

[OoC: Ohhh, failing a Pact Check for Naberius could be very amusing.  So I guess we know who's going to be the face of the party for the next 24 hours, whether anyone else likes it or not.   Tongue ]

[OoC: Remember at the time you make your pact, you can choose a number of skills equal to your Constitution bonus (if any). Your choices must be skills that can’t be used untrained and in which you have no ranks. For the duration of the binding, you can make skill checks with your chosen skills even though you are untrained.  Since Naberius doesn't give you any ranks in these skills, I would suggest that you buy a couple of masterwork tools and/or magic skill items to boost the skills you plan to use untrained.  At least then you will be working with more then just your ability modifiers.]

Tomeal looks at Betimi strangely.  "Ummm... what happened?  I mean I get the disguise but the voice?"

Simon will eventually arrive with items that you asked for him to find.  [Still waiting on lists from some of you.  If you don't plan to purchase anything then please post you don't plan to buy anything.]  "Do you have plans for the day or do you want to get right down to work?"
[OoC Will he have my item ready or will it take a few days?]

[OoC2 Betimi will purchase the Hand of the Mage as part of her share then, the item is simply too versatile to pass up.]

[OoC3 After that Betimi will buy the masterwork chitin armour, made from Unreth... or rather commision to have it made. She could choose to make it herself but crafting takes a weeks not days so that would waste way more time than it is worth. Since it will be medium armour and she is not yet proficient she is willing to wait.]
[OoC: Depends on what you ask for. The masterwork tools won't be a problem but any magic skill modifer above a +4 or +5 might take an extra day or two for him to locate the right seller. Of course if you're willing to pay more then he could find someone quicker. It's easier to find over priced items than "fair" priced items. ]

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
(07-24-2017, 07:01 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][OoC:  Depends on what you ask for.  The masterwork tools won't be a problem but any magic skill modifer above a +4 or +5 might take an extra day or two for him to locate the right seller.  Of course if you're willing to pay more then he could find someone quicker.  It's easier to find over priced items than "fair" priced items. ]

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

[OoC no  the item she talked to Simon about in private]
[OoC for betimi's Naberius skill choices she is going to choose one to enhance her disguise ability Profession: carpenter, and the second will be Knowledge: local to help guide us around. The item I was referring to is the one that require Simon to actually make asor have a compatriot make as it is somewhat custom, as mentioned in the PM.. I was not referring to skill items, which I had no intent to purchase at thios moment
]
[OoC: Betimi I sent a PM to you yesterday about your request.]

[OoC2: Are we waiting for something?]
[OoC Betimi is hoping to wait the few days it will likely take for Simon to finish with her luittle project. in the meantime is willing to explore the town with anyone that needs to (note there is nothing in town she needs)]
[[Just got back from Oshkosh, Wisconsin. BOY is my flesh red!]]

Selina will be grateful for Betimi's company as she makes her way through town and purchases a few items.

[[Selina buys a greatsword and a full plate.]]