RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Selina's eyes snap wide open and she takes an involuntary step backwards, mouth curling in a horrified grimace, arms reaching out to grab Betimi and Tomeal.  "Back! Everyone back!  And wake up the others! Simon, what is that?"
[OoC: Just to be clear, the pinkish fog is still 50' away and only moving about 5' per round down the tunnel.]
[[Yeah. Selina is terrified. Selina's player is thinking of The Mist.]]
Kubo quitly says in a very terse voice in reaction to the fear in Selina's voice " I be agreeing with ya, me gut says there is something not right with that creepy pink mist!", as he quitely backs towards the cave and the group making sure to pull Beltimi back with him.
"Move back. Wake the others and get them prepared to move.  Even better send Ningalu, Simon and Crozar up here." There is no hint of fear in her voice, just cold alien logic. "Blades will not work on this, but I bet we can make a stand with energy attacks. Could it be undead?"

[OoC am I correct that it is 170 feet from the cave where we were resting? I had moved 120 feet out and it is 50 feet from Betimi? Or is it slightly further as she had to move even closer to listen?]

She does not wait for a response, simply moves forward to within 30 feet of it and calls down a lightning stroke to see if there is an effect. She is fully prepared to move fast if it suddenly does something like increase speed.

Lightning strike [3d6] = 11 Refl DC16 for 1/2
{Ooc: assuming the lightning and Selina yelling is sufficient to wake it, has Crozar seen this mist in the time he has been trapped here?  Could it see how the wolves reacted to it? Is it something Crozar may recognize as an elemental thing? I'm not sure what roll that might apply too}
[OoC:  The Fog is about 180' away from the cave.  If the fog continues to spread at 5' per round, it will take 36 rounds or 3 minutes and 6 seconds before it reaches the mouth of the cave.]

Crozar is aware of the phenomenon but only as a distant, strange, pinkish glow that would seem to come and go at random, and it never entered the larger cavern where the fighting took place.  The Cactacae does not remember the mutant wolves ever approaching the fog when it was active.  Perhaps they instinctively avoided the pathway, possibly out fear which might suggest quite a bit since those mutant wolves didn't seem afraid of much.

Tomeal will volunteer to go get the others.

When everyone arrives, Simon will immediately pull out an instrument to scan the fog.  The color seems to slowly drain out of his face as he starts stumbling a bit over his words.  "It... It's the Torque.  I... I mean, I think it is.  I thought... or hoped we'd be far enough away from the influence of the Torque and close enough to the energy source we... we've been tracking to avoid the Torque's effects.  But... ahh... apparently the Torque's influence spans even to here.  It's...  I mean... people... their bodies... minds... "  Simon takes a deep breath and pauses like he's having trouble spitting out his theory.  Almost as if if he says it then it will become reality and even more horrifying to him.

The fog creeps closer...
"What the frik are we to do versus something we can't hit with steel? Dand nabbit!", Kubo exclaims nervously.
Crozar tries to get a look over Simon's shoulder at his device and says, "I have seen this fog a couple of times since I have been trapped here.  The wolves avoided it, but it never came into the cave.  Perhaps the pressure of the air is too great.  It typically withdraws or disappates within a few hours at most."  It points at an indicator on Simon's device, "So what does this measure?"