RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-16-2020, 01:06 AM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]Betimi buries her face in her hands and has a few moments to sob, releasing the pent up stress. n a few moments she regains her composurethough you can still feel the aura of sadness around her, barely suppressed.

(10-15-2020, 10:53 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]"We did it," Tomeal says while trying to catch his breath.  "With the help of some tiny new friends." When he sees Selina fall to her knees, he follows and then uses one of his arms to support her.  "That was a tough one.  I think we should find a place to make camp so we can take some time to recover."  He then looks out at the Fur-bees and says, "I doubt you can understand me but thank you for your help!  We might not have made it!"

Two of the Fur-bees turn to face Tomeal and Selina.  It floats up and down almost like it was nodding at the both of you.  Then then float over to where you're kneeling and coaxes both of you to hold out your hands.

"Agreed, perhaps we should retreat to the pond?"

[OoC: I will assume you normally have the Aura OFF.  But you will have to remind me when you have the Aura of Sadness activated because everyone around you, including friends should be affected by the –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks.  Betimi has been standing in the middle of 4 of her companions who would have been affected by the Aura.] 

Quote:Aura of Sadness: You emit an aura of depression and anguish that overtakes even the strongest-willed creatures. Every adjacent creature is overcome with grief, which manifests as a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks, for as long as it remains adjacent to you. You can suppress or activate this ability as a standard action.]
Selina can't help but grin at the cute little thing, but she supposed that it wouldn't hurt her now when it could have done so much more easily while she was being beaten around by a flail-tail™.

So she sticks out her tongue and licks the whole glob up.
(10-16-2020, 01:08 AM)Ningalu Baal\urki Wrote: [ -> ]Ningalu will swallow the glob then lick his fingers clean with his long lizard-tongue.

The Fur-bee does a backflip when someone finally eats the blob of honey!

[You gain 5 hit points! ]

Ning: 4 damage -5 hit points = 0; Fully healed.
Kubo: 12 Damage
Selina: 32 Damage
Simon: 30 Damage
Tomeal: 43 Damage
Betimi: 7 Damage
Dog: 7 Damage
Monster E: 21 Damage (DOWN!)
Monster F: 25 Damage (DOWN!)
Monster G: 24 Damage (DOWN!)
Monster 1: 37 Damage (DOWN!)
Monster 2: 40 Damage (DOWN!)
Fur-bee: 7 damage
(10-16-2020, 01:24 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ]Selina can't help but grin at the cute little thing, but she supposed that it wouldn't hurt her now when it could have done so much more easily while she was being beaten around by a flail-tail™.

So she sticks out her tongue and licks the whole glob up.

The Fur-bee Buzzes happily!

Tomeal will also eat the honey.

[Both of you gain 5 hit points.]

Kubo: 12 Damage
Selina: 32 Damage - 5 hit points = 27
Simon: 30 Damage
Tomeal: 43 Damage - 5 hit points = 38
Betimi: 7 Damage
Monster F: 25 Damage (DOWN!)
Monster 1: 37 Damage (DOWN!)
Monster 2: 40 Damage (DOWN!)
Selina licks her lips, grins at Tomeal, and reaches up to give the Fur-bee a gentle little scritch behind one of its ears. She makes sure not to push too hard, the thing was so small!
The other Fur-bees draw closer and coughs up a blob of honey from their honey stomachs to everyone except for the Dog.  There's only 6 Fur-bees and unfortunately there are 7 of you including the dog.

When the rest of you eat the honey you gain 5 hit points.

Kubo: 12 Damage - 5 hit points = 7
Selina: 32 Damage - 5 hit points = 27
Simon: 30 Damage - 5 hit points = 25
Tomeal: 43 Damage - 5 hit points = 38
Betimi: 7 Damage - 5 hitpoints = 2 
Monster F: 25 Damage (DOWN!)
Monster 1: 37 Damage (DOWN!)
Monster 2: 40 Damage (DOWN!)
Selina has a solution for the dog (whom they still need to name). She reaches into her pack and slips out the wand of CLW that Powwaw gave her. She wasn't sure where he was right now, but the brave kobold had helped them all immensely in getting even this far.

Spending all the time she could, she touches the dog's body while leaning in to give him a good scratch behind the ears.

[[I cannot, for the life of me, remember the mod for that CLW wand. It's somewhere way back in "Missing Caravan" I think. Unless wands are allowed in the "Spend 10 minutes to maximize" thing, I'll just roll the d8 and add the mod in later when I've figured it out.]]
(10-16-2020, 01:31 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ]Selina licks her lips, grins at Tomeal, and reaches up to give the Fur-bee a gentle little scritch behind one of its ears.  She makes sure not to push too hard, the thing was so small!

The Fur-bee gladly accepts any petting.  If you haven't already, you realize there's a lot more to these little creatures than just their cuteness.  You have a hunch that these intelligent creatures are actually some kind of fey.  

[OoC: They can actually be familiars too. ]

When the petting stops, Tomeal will help Selina to her feet.  "Come on, we need to find a place to camp.  These creatures likely have a den somewhere."

Assuming you start looking around, you leave the over grown jungle and enter a clearing to the east.  There are two passages leading North-West and North-East.  To the South-East you find a cave that goes deeper underground.  Those of you with Darkvision can see that the cave is no deeper then 50'.
(10-16-2020, 01:46 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ]Selina has a solution for the dog (whom they still need to name).  She reaches into her pack and slips out the wand of CLW that Powwaw gave her.  She wasn't sure where he was right now, but the brave kobold had helped them all immensely in getting even this far.

Spending all the time she could, she touches the dog's body while leaning in to give him a good scratch behind the ears.

[[I cannot, for the life of me, remember the mod for that CLW wand.  It's somewhere way back in "Missing Caravan" I think.  Unless wands are allowed in the "Spend 10 minutes to maximize" thing, I'll just roll the d8 and add the mod in later when I've figured it out.]]

Your answer is here:  http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....15#pid8115

Cure Light Wounds is Level 1 with 15 charges (cannot extend casting)

There's also a Wand of Magic Missiles Lv3 with 7 charges.
[[Durr...I wrote it onto Selina's sheet. Both wands are CL1 Tongue. Okay.]]

CLW: [1d8+1] = 3+1 = 4 [[annnd...]]
CLW: [1d8+1] = 8+1 = 9 [[overkill, but she's fine with that. 5 charges left, I think.]]