RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-16-2020, 04:07 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[Next thing I'm going to do is Will save to disbelieve in case this is an illusion of some sort because that is a freaking massive two-headed crocodile with a +13 attack bonus and a +12 damage mod.]]
Will save: [1d20+7] = 12+7 = 19

[OoC: I can understand that, but 'studying' something you think is an illusion will be a move action.  You can either attack the beast or pause to disbelieve and then wait for 8 hours for the crocodile to shit out your friends.  You choose.  Tongue ]
[OoC: All joking aside, what is everyone's actual actions? ]
Thought we are going by initiative order. Whose turn is it?
(07-16-2020, 05:12 AM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]Thought we are going by initiative order. Whose turn is it?

As I said, Selina, Dog, Tomeal and Betimi.

I'm just making sure of what everyone was going to do before posting.

Nang, the hand, will be finishing his action to grapple his brother.  Speaking of which, Ning will have to make a decision if he wants to forgo his Will save as the whip-like tail begins to bury itself into his chest. If you want to resist, then you need to make a Will save.

Then...
Selina is disbelieving.
Dog is getting ready to attack.
Tomeal is dealing with some anger issues but will try to attack.
Betimi is...
Selina moves 15' closer to the Killer Croc wanna-be and cast Longstrider on herself.  She has no real chance of attacking it at the moment so she will prepare herself to charge it next turn.
You could delay.  Tell the dog to move. The Hand is in Ning's space so unless I'm mistaken, and I very well might be, you could then charge straight down.
[[...Not a bad idea, especially since her stance is active. Fine then...we'll see if my latest run of luck runs out...]]

Selina gives Dog a gentle pat to its side, encouraging it to move to the side. Then, eyes turning bright with battle fury, the crusading cleric lets out a warrior's cry of rage as she charges the enormous reptile.

Leading the Attack Maneuver: You boldly strike at your enemy. As you attack, you shout a war cry to demonstrate that victory is at hand. This attack inspires nearby allies to join the fray with renewed vigor.

When you make an attack, your allies take heart in your example and fight with renewed purpose. By stoking the fire of battle in your allies’ hearts, you inspire them to greater heroics.

As part of this maneuver, you make a single melee attack. If your attack is successful, your allies gain a +4 morale bonus on attack rolls for 1 round against the creature you hit.

Attack: [1d20+6] = 17+6 = 23, Damage: [1d20+6] = 3+6 = 9

Damage: [2d6+1] = 8+1 = 9 [[Fixed the damage..wound up being exactly the same.]]

[[Guess not. Ok, that's a +4 to everyone else's attacks against it for 1 round, it gets a -4 to attacks against anyone other than Selina because of her Iron Guard's Glare stance.]]
[OoC  your damage is d20+6??  The attack was a 23, think you hit
Simon will yell, "Ning, what are you doing!!  You don't know how evil those creatures are!  You will lose yourself to that parasite!"

[Still waiting on either a Will save from Ning or giving up his save.]

Selina gives Dog a gentle pat to move aside, so the Wolf-hound takes that as encouragement to attack!  The Wolf-Hound sees these humans as its pack.  Wolf packs attack by surrounding their prey.  His instincts tell him to attack prey from the flanks and from behind.

Dog charges toward crocodile.  The beast its AoO and lunges for the pup but with a yelp it just manages to scoot away from its jaws!  [By 1!!! ]

AoO: [1d20+11] = 2+11 = 13, Damage: [2d8+12] = 13+12 = 25; MISSED! BY 1 POINT!

The dog then nips at the crocodile's ass end and...

Attack: [1d20+4] = 14+4 = 18, Damage: [1d6+1] = 5+1 = 6; Forgot +2 for Flank; HIT!! 

Dog sinks his teeth into it's tender underparts!  [The Croc is too big for Dog to try to trip.  Sad  ]

Selina, charges at the beast.  As she closes the distance she can feel and hear the blade hissing louder and louder while trailing a green energy behind her.  Then with a mighty swing Selina hacks her Greatsword into the giant two-head horror and in the same instant the hissing turns to a dragon's roar that causes the beast's wounds to burst apart!

[Bonus damage:  The blade is a +2, cold iron, sonic burst weapon... 
Sonic Damage: [1d6] = 5 + 2 = +7 damage.  New total = 16 damage!]

The beast roars and thrashes in both pain and anger!!!

Tomeal is holding his head trying to control his emotions.  Something in his mind was telling him to attack and kill them all!  His eyes bloodshot, stares at Selina wanting so bad to stick his blade in the little bitch... but... no... Betimi is closer...  Yes... Kill Betimi!!!

"NO!!" He screams!! [Will Save: [1d20+3] = 11+3 = 14; Save SUCCEEDED!]

Tomeal says, "We need to kill whatever is in my mind before I hurt one of you!!"

Then realizing he has no choice, he drops his shield [Free action] and charges at the beast, screaming, "ATTACK ME!!! TAKE ME!!!" With his longsword in both hands!

Attack: [1d20+10] = 13+10 = 23, Damage: [1d8+10] = 2+10 = 12; Damage includes 2pt power attack in two hands = 4 damage + Strength modifier x 1.5 for two hands +6 = +12 damage (too bad he rolled a 2  Dodgy  )  

[And I forgot his +2 flanking bonus.  He would have also put that into his power attack for another +4 damage.  Bringing the total up to 16 damage.]
Betimi resists the tingling in her brain...  

[Betimi's turn...]

[Image: SjHMyIC.png]
Ning will attempt to resist the burrowing tail [missed that]. But not the grapple.

Will [1d20+4] = 6+4 = 10