RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ssign up or not, when they come all the worlds of the surface will perish." She pauses anguish written on her face. "I come from a very... dark place. Some call it the Realm of Madness. The rulers of my world are known as Daelkyr. We are all their slaves, or food. Their armies are massive, and the stuff of nightmares I am among the weakest."

"Long have they been trapped in their world, their plane, unable to get out. But these portals, if they find a way through them...  I came through from there, eventually they will too. You surface dwellers, none of you, are prepared for the devastation. Just one army of nothing but what you call beholders would lay waste to your empire, and that is just a small sample of their hotrrors."
"So you are trying to organize  a resistance  movement before the invasion ,or find a way to close the portals before the invasion begins, and that all existance is at risk for this invasion?!"
Seeing that the matter of whether the dwarf is slain, left alone, or joins them is settled, Betimi returns to what she was doing
  she places the magical MW dagger before her, takes the wand of divination magic, focuses on the dagger and speaks the command word.

" COGNOSCO!"

UMD [1d20+6] = 18+6 = 24
(08-18-2020, 05:12 PM)Kubo Wrote: [ -> ]"So you are trying to organize  a resistance  movement before the invasion ,or find a way to close the portals before the invasion begins, and that all existance is at risk for this invasion?!"

"Right now, all we want is to find a way back to our home plane."  Selina then glances at Betimi "most of us do, anyway."
(08-18-2020, 05:12 PM)Kubo Wrote: [ -> ]"So you are trying to organize  a resistance  movement before the invasion ,or find a way to close the portals before the invasion begins, and that all existance is at risk for this invasion?!"

"Either, or both. All I know is if I came through, so can they, and they are actively looking for a way out and have been for thousands of years."
"Well then like it or not I am in, you can count me in, there is strength in numbers!"
(08-18-2020, 05:13 PM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing that the matter of whether the dwarf is slain, left alone, or joins them is settled, Betimi returns to what she was doing
  she places the magical MW dagger before her, takes the wand of divination magic, focuses on the dagger and speaks the command word.

" COGNOSCO!"

UMD [1d20+6] = 18+6 = 24

[OoC: I had to look this up because even though you know the command word you don't even have a spell list for Identify to be on.  But you can activate it by emulating a Class feature.  So the initial DC is 20 and subsequent DC's are 18.  It would be safer letting Simon use the wand since Identify is on his spell list and he's higher level than you.  (Edit: Actually this might go by the wand's caster level.  I will have to check.)

So you succeeded but you still need to make a Level Check with a +5 bonus from the anti-torque wand.]

[OoC2: Betimi has heard of Marthammor Duin.  He is the young, neutral good dwarven god of wanderers and patron of dwarves who had left the clanholds to explore the world. He was also known as Finder-of-Trails, Watcher over Wanderers and the Watchful Eye, and was sometimes considered to be an exarch of Moradin. ]
(08-20-2020, 01:34 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2020, 05:13 PM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing that the matter of whether the dwarf is slain, left alone, or joins them is settled, Betimi returns to what she was doing

" COGNOSCO!"

UMD [1d20+6] = 18+6 = 24

[OoC: I had to look this up because even though you know the command word you don't even have a spell list for Identify to be on.  But you can activate it by emulating a Class feature.  So the initial DC is 20 and subsequent DC's are 18.  It would be safer letting Simon use the wand since Identify is on his spell list and he's higher level than you.  (Edit: Actually this might go by the wand's caster level.  I will have to check.)

So you succeeded but you still need to make a Level Check with a +5 bonus from the anti-torque wand.]

[OoC2: Betimi has heard of Marthammor Duin.  He is the young, neutral good dwarven god of wanderers and patron of dwarves who had left the clanholds to explore the world. He was also known as Finder-of-Trails, Watcher over Wanderers and the Watchful Eye, and was sometimes considered to be an exarch of Moradin. ]

[OoC we didn't actually know it was a wand of Identify, only that pointing it at the pond had no effect. So we suspected.]

Torque check [1d20+9] = 8+9 = 17
(08-20-2020, 04:12 PM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ][OoC we didn't actually know it was a wand of Identify, only that pointing it at the pond had no effect. So we suspected.]

Torque check [1d20+9] = 8+9 = 17

[As long as you have the password it doesn't seem to matter if you know what the spell does inside. Which makes sense. If someone gives a wizard a wand and says the command word is for a Burning Hands spell but really it creates a fireball, it wouldn't matter that the wizard thought it was for a Burning Hands. The wand would still produce a fireball because he said the command word and fireball is still on his list. ]

When Betimi uses the wand she feels the magic go wrong. She winces but nothing happens. [Torque Roll = Spell simply fails ]
"Simon, perhaps you should try. Nang..." she looks in Ning's direction, "Can you use theanti_Torque wand on him.?"