RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-23-2021, 07:43 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[I thought it was based on caster level, which is 5 for her.  What the modifier for torque checks now?]]

[[Oh, that's right. You took a level of crusader.  As for the Torque, I believe you currently have a +2 bonus to caster level checks because of the cave being a kind of sweet-spot.  The DC is 15 + spell level.  So you'd need to roll an 11+.
Torque is rotational force: [1d20+7]=11+7=18

[[O.O. Woof! So close!]]

[[Yeah, I keep almost forgetting this. Maneuvers gained:]]
Maneuver1: [1d5]=2; Maneuver2: [1d4]=4; Maneuver3: [1d3]=2
[[Douse the Flames, Vanguard Strike, Leading the Attack]]
Baal'urki ??
Ningalu is going to move, flying up 20 fgeet and back 20 feet, so he is in teh square to the right of Selina, but 30 feet up. [F-10]
Betimi levels her crossbow and fires at the medium sized crab in C-11.

Light crossbow attack [1d20+11]=18+11=29; Damage [1d8+1]=3+1=4 + [1d6]=3 cold 4piercing damage and 3 cold damage
[[Is Elphaba in the initiative?]]
(08-26-2021, 01:39 AM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: [ -> ][[Is Elphaba in the initiative?]]

[Nope!  She saw those bugs and she got the F out of dodge!   Tongue  Joking!  I just forgot to add her.  I will be adding her shortly. ]
[[I have done the "inconveniently timed bathroom break to get an NPC out of the way" trick myself.  Tongue  Just checking.]]
[[Remind me again why we couldn’t bring the sentient plow?]]
[OoC: I don't know why the world calls it Torque.  They have a lot of different types of weird energy.  ]

[OoC2: For those who might not know, there is an upside-down triangle to the right of the author's name of the post.  If you accidently post with the wrong character, you can tap that triangle and change to author to one of your other characters.   

Note to DM's:  Apparently we can also change the player's author if the player accidently posts with a different character. ]

[OoC3: you can only draw your sword as a free action as part of a move action.  If you had Quick Draw then you can draw it as a free action at any time.]

[OoC4: The old woman left the Plow behind to protect her hut in case you all died and she had to come back.   Tongue  Also the Plow would have slowed you down a lot. ]

Elphaba Initiative: Initiative: [1d20+1]=3+1=4
Dog Initiative: Initiative:  [1d20+2]=8+2=10

Initiative NameDamage HealedDamage InflictedCurrent Hit PointsConditionsNotes!
20.6Kubo------39/39FLAT FOOTED+2 saves
20.4Small Crab 1------??/??------
20.4Small Crab 2------??/??------
20.4Small Crab 3---5pts (simon) 5/??------
19.5Simon------49/49---+2 saves
16.1Selina------58/58---+2 Saves
10.2Tegab------??/??---+2 Saves; Delaying until Selina's next action
14.4Betimi------58/58---+2 Saves
14.4Ning/Nang------27/27---Flying UP 30'
11.4Medium Lice 1--- 7pts (Betimi) 7/??------
20.4Medium Lice 2------??/??------
20.4Medium Lice 3------??/??------
20.4Medium Lice 4------??/??------
9.4 Large Swarm 1------??/??------
9.4 Large Swarm 2---19pts (Simon)??/??------
8.2Tomeal------66/66---+2 Saves
8.1Crozar------13/13---+2 Saves; +2 AC
4.1Elphaba------13/13---+2 Saves

Quote:Notes:
Everyone except Ning/Nang has Conviction:  +2 Morale bonus on all save throws for 50 minutes.
Crozar gains +2 AC against any creature Tomeal can reach.

Just as some of the critters begin to crawl out of pores and other critters begin uncamouflaging themselves from the thick hairs, a big glob of bloody flesh spurts into Kubo's face.  The dwarf is momentarily blinded from the gore so he doesn't see the creatures approaching.  

Simon throws a fire bomb at the Swarm [M-7] 
Throw Fire Bomb: [1d20+11]=13+11=24, Damage: [4d6+6]=13+6=19; BOOM!   
The swarm takes a direct hit!  But the Small Crab avoids some of the splash damage. Save: [1d20]=20; 5 damage

Selina calls out to Selune to grant her prayer and suddenly everyone around her is bathed in a sea-blue nimbus of light. 

Betimi follows up with a near bullseye with her crossbow.  With a ear-piercing chitter the creature shrieks in pain!

Ning then flies 30' above Selina and when he arrives, Nang casts Magic Circle Against Chaos

Tomeal takes a 5' step.  He then does an Aid Other action to give Crozar +2 AC.  Attack: [1d20+13]=17+13=30; Success!

Crozar's Turn...

The old woman disappears.

Surprise round over!

ROUND!!!

Kubo's Turn!  Then it's the Crab's turn.  

I added red dots to the creatures who are damaged.

[Image: HXeiaUT.png]