RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If electrical damage is not healing she will shoot each as coup de gras with her storm cyst eye stalk.. ranged touch so can do coup de gras electrical damage
(11-03-2020, 08:33 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Realizing that he walked right into her pajama comment, Tomeal can't help but smile while busying himself with the under padding of her full plate, thankful the darkness hides the flushing of his cheeks and the sudden change of subject.  "It's possible it was Selune who guided us here.  How else could anyone explain why we ended up in the one world out of the infinite universe that has an ancestral artifact some how inked to you?  Seems like divine intervention to me." 

Selina can't help but break into a big smile at that.  Then she becomes pensive as the talk moves to her goddess.  "I know next to nothing about travel between planes save that it is unpredictable and chaotic at the best of times.  Perhaps you are correct in that...but I wish I could speak with her right now.  I'm so...lost about where to go now.  Is this my true home?  Was I born here and my parents somehow found our plane and brought me there?  Who am I?  Why was I born?  What is my past?  Every moment that I think of this...this wonderful, incredible, powerful, terrible artifact that I was gifted..my mind hurts.  My heart hurts.  Every part of me hurts because it reminds me of the fact that, as much as I may think I know about myself, I truly know nothing."  The more she speaks, the sadder she becomes.  No tears flow, but it's apparent that the gentle, caring, brave, self-sacrificing young cleric is terrified.

[[OoC to Betimi: A CDG from Selina will knock them down so far into negative HPs that they won't wake up for a week Tongue]]
[[OoC2: Did anything happen between Selina and the greatsword while she was awake? Or did we never reach that point?]]
[OoC a CDG from Ning is not too shabby either actually might do more than Selina's he uses a 9c so x4 Crit = 4d6+8 damage on CDG = avg 22 damage]
[[That's not bad at all! A CDG with the Ancestral sword is 4d6+6+1d6+1d8, average is 28 damage.]]
(11-03-2020, 09:00 PM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]Betimi looks to see if the acid wounds inflicted by  Ningalu are healing. She looks also to see if the ones she lightning struck are healing.  While she does she is going to throw throwing scarabs as coup de gras attacks on each before she checks their other wounds.

[1d6 piercing +  1d6 critical + 1d66 acid on each]    So routine is approach a wolf. coup de geras, check it's wounds and move to the next.  She is going to try and see if there are any wounds that are not healing.
 If all are healing she will switch her coup de gras to the crossbow to try cold damage.

[OoC: I've read over the creature many times and there's nothing that suggests it's vulnerable to any attacks.  Most damage done to these kinds of creatures is turned into non-lethal damage so in order to kill them you must use a damage type that doesn't get turned into non-lethal damage, such as fire for trolls.  But there's no damage type listed with these creatures that doesn't get turned into non-lethal.  There are attacks that cause Suffocation, Thirst and Starvation that would not be fast healed nor regenerated.  Continuous damage would work too so eating them and letting stomach acid take care of them would work but I doubt these things taste very scrumptious. If you can do Con damage via spell or poison, Regeneration will not heal it and they will die.  But this is a lot of trouble for a relatively weak creature, so I usually just say that coup de grace will work as long as the creature is at negative hit points. ]

[OoC2:  I will assume you mean 1d6 and not 1d66 acid on each.   Tongue  ]

Betimi finds no damage done that hasn't healed.  She can use her scarab and assuming an average critical damage of 12 damage they require a DC 22 Fort Save to resist the coup de grace.  

[I'm not using The Unseen Servant to do 9 Fort Saves.  So, after using a regular dice roller, only 1 creature succeeded.  So then Betimi shoots that one again and it dies.]

[I need listen checks from everyone.  If you're sleeping you receive a -10 penalty.]
Please Listen!: [1d20+5] = 16+5 = 21

[[DC for a Fort Save against CGD from Selina's weapon or Tomeal's with Power Attack or Ning's Heavy Pick are practically Epic-level, then.]]
Listen -10 [1d20-8] = 1-8 = -7

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
[OoC generally a puckaxe to the head is pretty hard to come back from lol]
[[OFF WITH ITS HEAD! Wink]]