RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ningalu flies to C4and cats Whelming blast )2d6 nonlethal, mental damage, Will save DC 17 negates, 30' cone so will hit both creatures)

Torque check [1d20+4]=18+4=22
Whelming blast damage [2d6]=8 non-lethal
[[Which of the creatures is the one that Crozar initially hit with the Rivebow?]]
(12-01-2021, 08:05 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[They have Damage Reduction 5/something and it's clearly above magic.  If only we had some way to align our weapons and knew what their alignments were.  Selina doesn't do a ton of damage by herself because she's more of a tank than a DPS machine, but she can at least help everyone hit consistently.]]

[OoC: At 6th level no one can do a lot of damage.  Tomeal got a good hit in with an ability he's never had a chance to use before. Considering how badly he did in the Lice battle it was nice the dice finally rolled in his favor.

And you also know the damage reduction isn't cold iron or your blade would have sliced through it.

In case you missed it, remember to add a +1 Morale bonus to Selina's attacks.  It's written in the quoted area below the damage chart. ]
(12-01-2021, 02:13 PM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: [ -> ][[Which of the creatures is the one that Crozar initially hit with the Rivebow?]]

[OoC: The Red Creature.  In the Damage Inflicted column of the chart it says Crozar did 1 damage to it.]
(12-01-2021, 04:08 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2021, 08:05 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[They have Damage Reduction 5/something and it's clearly above magic.  If only we had some way to align our weapons and knew what their alignments were.  Selina doesn't do a ton of damage by herself because she's more of a tank than a DPS machine, but she can at least help everyone hit consistently.]]

[OoC: At 6th level no one can do a lot of damage.  Tomeal got a good hit in with an ability he's never had a chance to use before. Considering how badly he did in the Lice battle it was nice the dice finally rolled in his favor.

And you also know the damage reduction isn't cold iron or your blade would have sliced through it.

In case you missed it, remember to add a +1 Morale bonus to Selina's attacks.  It's written in the quoted area below the damage chart. ]

[[Well, I think we all did poorly against the lice. I blame myself for not getting the group mobile soon enough.  Tomeal has the almighty power attack and a solid strength mod (neither of which Selina has).  If Tomeal chose to start wielding a sword two-handed he’d be blowing stuff up easily.  I included the +1 already because I forgot to wipe the Bless from the previous battle, so I’m using that instead for now.]]
(12-01-2021, 01:49 PM)Ningalu Baal'urki Wrote: [ -> ]Ningalu flies to C4and cats Whelming blast )2d6 nonlethal, mental damage, Will save DC 17 negates, 30' cone so will hit both creatures)

[OoC: Whelming Blast is a 30' cone.  If Ning uses it at C-4 he will catch Selina in the blast.  Remember, Ning still has his breath weapon.]
[[Selina does have a pretty strong Will save mod at +12. And wouldn't a breath weapon affect the same area?]]
(12-01-2021, 11:16 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2021, 01:49 PM)Ningalu Baal'urki Wrote: [ -> ]Ningalu flies to C4and cats Whelming blast )2d6 nonlethal, mental damage, Will save DC 17 negates, 30' cone so will hit both creatures)

[OoC: Whelming Blast is a 30' cone.  If Ning uses it at C-4 he will catch Selina in the blast.  Remember, Ning still has his breath weapon.]

According to the 30' cone templates, Ningalku should be able to do it without hitting Selina.  He can also angle it upward.  Note you trold us the breath weapon was ineffective when Ningalu used it on them before, and it is also a 30' cone.

[Image: D83FDuU.jpg]
(12-02-2021, 01:55 AM)Ningalu Baal'urki Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2021, 11:16 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]

According to the 30' cone templates, Ningalku should be able to do it without hitting Selina.  He can also angle it upward.  Note you trold us the breath weapon was ineffective when Ningalu used it on them before, and it is also a 30' cone.

[Image: D83FDuU.jpg]

[You wanted to stop moving at C-4.  I'm happy to assume the most obvious direction for cones.  But if you plan to pick a SW corner and then aim the spell NW, you will have to tell me that's what you're doing because we have from my recollection always picked the corner closest to the target and then emanated the cone directly out from that spot. 

As for Spitfire, I never said it worked or didn't work.  You said you were waiting to see if there was any effect from the weapons hitting the wall and then Crozar activated them and combat was triggered. 

So do you still want to do the Whelming blast or do you want to do Spitfire? (remember, you know it has some level of acid resistance)

And can someone tell me what the yellow squares on the grid are suppose to represent?  ]
(12-02-2021, 01:18 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[And wouldn't a breath weapon affect the same area?]]

[Yes it effects the same area but there were ways to change what squares the cone hit.  Even moving 5' north would have missed Selina but still hit the creatures. ]