RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not caring whether the disturbance in the street has anything to do with the group or not, Ningalu lives up to his nickname.

He is heard making his characteristic "EEK" before he mutters he words to s spell and makes a quick claw gesture.

[OoC casts Expeditious Retreat on himself so his base move speed jumps to 60 (40 since he is Med. Encumbrance)]
(09-04-2017, 08:21 PM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]Then at Kee.
"You did not run afoul of any of the locals did you sir?"

- Nope. I arrived today ...   - Kee starts fast to go outside to checks his mount - Oh Christmas, I hope everything is well with you. - he shouts backwards - Chris is my cheetah mount.
The burly tradesman looks puzzled.

"What's a cheetah?"

Looking at Selina.
"A pack animal like Beast was?"
Selina shakes her head 'No'. "It's a predator that can run at great speeds."
"And make quite a commotion on city streets, even as bustling as New Crobuzon." the spearman reacts as if waking up from the reverie of spears on display.

stepping closer to He-Betimi, he whispers,
"He said he didn't care. Could you catch some of the words spoken outside?"

With that, he retrieves a small vial from his spell component pouch, containing some liquid that looks like water.
((OOC - melted ice, M for Ice Dagger-- guessing it's something I don't have to acquire explicitly, or do I?))
Betimi shakes her head no at Nacesh, as she gets ready to move to the door. 

"My limited knowledge of the city does not improve my hearing or ability to understand their dialect."

Suddenly her guise shifts to that of one of the froglike creatures similar to Agloval, her height shrinking in the process to nearer her normal height, her clothing shifting to a simple linen tunic and brown breeches, her cloak a grayish green. [Standard action.. Disguise Self]
"It might have nuthin to do with yous," the Smith states while crossing the room in two giant strides.  He carefully pokes a green forefinger at the bottom edge of one of the dirty panes of glass.  It opens just enough for him to peek outside.  "But if it's the militia, they don't just show up out of the blue for tea."  The Smith watches for a long quiet minute.  He then whispers, "Strange...  I don't see nuthin... No people, not even the Dream-Shit Pusher who perches across the street."
Ningalu takes the opprtunity whil everyone is watching the big cactus man cross the room to dart in behind the weapon racks and hide.

[Hide +17]
[OoC: Is there something people are waiting for?  If I don't hear from people soon I'm going to have to assume you're all standing around looking blankly at each other and continue on.
Selina does not seem to understand what is going on outside, but places herself between her comrades and whatever commotion is occurring.

((Really have no idea what's happening as Selina doesn't have the lingo and doesn't know what's going on.))