RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[[Yeah...it's not working for some reason.  No idea why.]]

Selina watches the overgrown puff of smoke turn into...a puff of smoke.  The piteous whining of one of the creatures that assaulted her in a weak moment registers in her mind, and is quickly ignored.  She has no sympathy or pity at all for those who prey upon the helpless, even if she is the one they prey upon.  She gradually recovers her breath and wipes her blade clean of...whatever the stalker is composed of before sheathing it properly.  Then, with dangerous implements of war now safely put away, kneels down to give her dog a smile and a solid scratch behind the ears.

[[This moment of respite brought to you by pwning everything.  When you care enough to send the very best...they'll do exactly what you need them to do, no questions asked. Wink ]]

Then her thoughts turn to the guards, who had been so supportive and taken a serious beating to assist her and her friends.  She makes her rounds, assessing injuries and solemnly administering last rites to those who had fallen.  She addresses those who remain.

"I am grateful for your assistance.  Please let me know if there is anything at all I can do for you."
Ning calls out to his brother in draconic:

"That invisible wind beast did not like dragon-kin. I tried to get clear of the fight and it came for little me."
Betimi walks to the rail and leans out over it.. her hand looped in the rigging lest she slip, searching the skies below them for any more waves of attacks coming from below. She is not yet ready to relax her guard.
Betimi looks over the side of the ship.  The mountains are not that far below and she can't imagine anything falling for more than maybe 10 seconds before splattering across the rocky slopes.  A falling Mephit's fast healing wouldn't have had much time to resuscitate them.  It's likely they either died or if any did survive they flew away when the Stalker was sent back to its home plane.

When Selina thanks the guards, one replies, "It was our duty m'lady."  He then looks down at his dead comrades and adds, "These men gave their lives for their duty and they will not be forgotten.  Unfortunately, with the death of the Sergeant that leaves us leaderless.  We will need to vote a soldier from among us to lead unless... unless you were to do the honor of taking command of the unit.  If someone of your obvious combat prowess were to take command it would settle any disagreements of who should take over.  What do you think, m'lady?" 

Nang runs over to his twin and embraces him for just a moment. 
  "I thinks it saw you as easy target.  We lucky the Mephits didn't blow us off the ship with their magic gusts of wind.  You look healed though.  Nang though is beaten nearly half to death." 
[[New Avatar.  Out with the old, in with the new.]]

Selina considers their offer for a time.  It was a gesture of respect that they were paying her, and should be received as such.  The only problem...

"You honor me greatly.  And while I would otherwise be more than happy to accept such an offer, this is not my home plane.  We, my companions and I, come from a place known as Prime.  It is there that we seek to return with great haste as we have much unfinished business to attend to."

She meant it. Having the support of fine men such as these would be a great asset to her and her comrades. It was regrettable that she had only the intent of going home as many of the individuals she had met since arriving on this plane were actually quite honorable and worthy of her comradeship.
[OoO: Nice avatar.]

"Then perhaps you could lead us just for this mission."
[[Thanks. It even has her eyes.]]

Selina nods thoughtfully.

"I suppose I could do so.  If you'll excuse me for just a moment..."

She approaches Tomeal and lays a hand on his shoulder.

"Tomeal, might I have a word with you below decks for a moment?"
"Of course," Tomeal replies.  He then joins Selina below deck.
"The skies look clear,  once you have settled your leadership and given your fallen the respects they are due, shall we resume practice?"

She begins getting reharnessed, as if expecting this to not take very long. [Among her people it would not.]
Once Selina and Tomeal are below decks, Selina takes a tentative look around to make sure they are truly alone as she hesitantly unbuckles and removes her left gauntlet, revealing the elbow-length glove she still wears to protect everyone from her darker side.  Flexing that hand and blinking twice, she turns to Tomeal, tenderly cups his cheek with that hand, and brings his face to hers to give him a deep, searing kiss.

After a few seconds, she slowly pulls away and whispers "For my life I owe you that and far more."