RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fort: [1d20+8]=9+8=17 [[Succeeded]]
Maneuver: [1d5]=4; Maneuver: [1d4]=1; Maneuver: [1d3]=3 [[Crusader's Strike, Charging Minotaur, Vanguard Strike]]
From the Vanguard!: [1d20+11]=17+11=28; Strike!: [2d6+3]=3+3=6; Boom!: [1d6]=4 [[I think that's a successful attack.]]

Forcing down the bile that rises up to meet a wave of nausea, invoked by the hideous stench the...creatures release, Selina draws her blade and stares them down.  Pointing to the ground, she once more tells Tegab "Stay."  The command in her voice remains as she calls out to her other allies.  "On me!  Attack!"

And then she is off, charging in as fast as her legs will carry her, pulling to a stop and bringing her weapon down in a hard swing that drives her quarry onto its heels.

[[No action: Draw sword
Move + Standard action: Charge to H4 and attack Purple-bordered enemy, finishing with Vanguard Strike.]]

[[Vanguard Strike: As part of this maneuver, you make a
melee attack against an opponent you
threaten. If this attack hits, all your
allies gain a +4 bonus on ranged and
melee attacks against that target until
the start of your next turn.]]
[[Crozar ate one of the fruit, so has 5 temporary hp]]

Fortitude Save: [1d20+3]=11+3=14; Succeeded!

Crozar will drop the rivebow for now and unfurls the gnoscourge and attempts to summon a servant of Sunshad. [[Summoning Concentration Check: [1d20+5]=11+5=16, summoning it to F6]] As the living light emerges through the portal, the cacatae tells it, "Luceat, please help us destroy these fleshy abominations."
Kubo's smell being overwhelmed by the previous dump on him is unaffected by the stench. Fortutude Save = [1d20+8]=8+8=16[[Success!]]
Kubo will hold his position and fire his crossbow and the fleshy creature in H3.
MW Light Crossbow Attack: [1d20+8]=10+8=18, Light Crossbow Damage = [1d8]=4
(11-25-2021, 12:43 AM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: [ -> ][[Crozar ate one of the fruit, so has 5 temporary hp]]

Crozar will drop the rivebow for now and unfurls the gnoscourge and attempts to summon a servant of Sunshad. [[Summoning Concentration Check: [1d20+5]=11+5=16, summoning it to F6]] As the living light emerges through the portal, the cacatae tells it, "Luceat, please help us destroy these fleshy abominations."

[Remember, it can act the same round it appears.  So what do you want it to do? Are you adding any bonuses to it?]
(11-25-2021, 01:47 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2021, 12:43 AM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: [ -> ][[Crozar ate one of the fruit, so has 5 temporary hp]]

[Remember, it can act the same round it appears.  So what do you want it to do? Are you adding any bonuses to it?]

[[My apologies, I should have clarified.  Normal spread of bonuses: Damage (+1 damage die), Armor (+2 AC improvement), & Health (+2 hit die).  My command is for it to close and attack the nearest (red) hostile, that is what was meant by the spoken statement]]
(11-25-2021, 02:41 AM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: [ -> ]

[[My apologies, I should have clarified.  Normal spread of bonuses: Damage (+1 damage die), Armor (+2 AC improvement), & Health (+2 hit die).  My command is for it to close and attack the nearest (red) hostile, that is what was meant by the spoken statement]]

[[When you have a moment I need you to make a Torque check for your summoning because it's a Spell like ability.  You add your level (2) to the favorable zone (+2) then roll D20 for a target DC16.  So you need to roll a 12 or higher.  And if you fail, hope you roll something good on the Torque Table. ]]
(11-25-2021, 04:12 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-25-2021, 02:41 AM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: [ -> ]

[[When you have a moment I need you to make a Torque check for your summoning because it's a Spell like ability.  You add your level (2) to the favorable zone (+2) then roll D20 for a target DC16.  So you need to roll a 12 or higher.  And if you fail, hope you roll something good on the Torque Table. ]]
[[Welp, here's hoping for a good Torque table roll: Torque Check: [1d20+4]=1+4=5]]
(11-24-2021, 11:45 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Tomeal's Initiative: Initiative:  [1d20+2]=19+2=21

Simon's Initiative: Initiative: [1d20+5]=15+5=20

Elphaba's Initiative: Initiative: [1d20+6]=3+6=9

Initiative NameDamage HealedDamage InflictedCurrent Hit PointsConditionsNotes!
22.4Betimi------00/63(=52+11)(58)----2 Con
21.2Tomeal------ 00/60(66)----1 Con
20.5Simon------ 00/51------
20.1Cozar------ 00/13------
19.4Tegab------ 00/33------
14.6Kubo------ 00/27----5 Con
14.1Selina------00/52(58)----1 Con
9.6Elphaba------ 00/?? ------
5.4Ning/Nang------00/27------ 
UnknownMonsters------??/??------

[[I will be so happy when some of these NPC's go home.  Tongue ]]

[[Betimi, do you still have those bonus 11 hit points or are they gone and regenerate in the morning? ]]

Betimi lost -6  of her max  hp due to the Con drain, and took 12 damage , so is currently -1 HP off her new max of 41.  The 11 temporary HP are gone until tomorrow.
Note she has not asked for help with the Con loss, she will deal with that in the morning.

(11-24-2021, 11:45 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][[I added in the light from Selina's Cameo.  Yellow is bright light and bluish is shadowy light which gives you 20% concealment and you can hide.  If you have Low light vision the light radius doubles (so shadowy becomes bright light and beyond is shadowy.)  Darkvision works normally within your range regardless of lighting conditions.  

Cactacae have low-light vision so Crozar can see everything within the bluish and yellow area and beyond those areas is shadowy to him.]]

The fleshy monstrosities stand before you dripping every kind of bodily fluid you can imagine from scores of orifices' covering their bodies.  Despite being somewhat acclimated to the bouquet of horrid odors wafting through the cave, the stench from the folds of flesh and rancid bodily functions is nearly overpowering.   

[Everyone must make a Fortitude save DC12.  If you succeed there is no further effect.  If you fail, you are Sickened* for a number of rounds. ]

{*Sickened: The character takes a -2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.}

[It's Betimi, Tomeal, Simon, Crozar, Teglab, Kubo, etc turns.  Monsters will jump in when it's their turn to act.]

Map:

[Image: AKUsCnb.png]

Fort save (-2 Con) [1d20+7]=20+7=27  

Smells like home to her
Seeing how little effect their crossbow bolts and thrown shards had on the creaturse before, betimi decides to do something a little bit daring. She rushes forward on an angle to J4, reaching out to touch the same creature that Selina has attacked.

As she touches it, she wills the confusing mental energies of Haagenti to overwhelm it.

Touch of Confusion touch attack [1d20+6]=16+6=22
Confusing Touch Will save DC 17, duration 2 rounds

Quote:Confusing Touch: You can confuse by touch. The target of your touch attack must succeed on a Will save or become confused for 1 round per three effective binder levels you possess. When you attain an effective binder level of 19th, this ability functions as a maze spell. Once you have used this ability, you cannot do so again for 5 rounds.
"Smells like jelly cube pen."

Fortitude save [1d20+5]=17+5=22

[OoC for Kubo and Crozar. Selina and Betimi would be the only ones that know what he is talking about. Ning/Nang's tribe had a pet gelatinous cube]