RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-16-2020, 07:23 AM)Ningalu Baal\urki Wrote: [ -> ][OoC that's his suggestion, but he was asking not just doing so waiting on Selina or Betimi to reply]

[OoC: Annnndddd??? ]
Huh

[OoC: So, are we done here?]
[OoC was waiting on Selina,]

Betimi nods at the kobold, "You lead, but I will keep you in sight, go no further than forty feet ahead of me."

Betimi also leads , moving to the front of the rest of the group, as she requires no light. Her crossbow loaded and ready.
[[Sorry! Honestly had no idea.]]

Selina is quite distracted by the sea of pleasant green on this plane of nonsense she has come to expect that she misses a great deal of information within the group. Betimi speaking up for her eventually snaps her out of it, but she nods in assent.
Ningalu creeps ahead, his crossbow ready.
[OoC: Since I work in health care, this Coronavirus has resulted in my work giving me extended overnight shifts.  These extra hours have resulted in me being even more exhausted than usual.  Overnights are rough and in my experience you never get fully acclimated to them.]

Ningalu creeps down the black tunnel toward the light.  The closer he gets to the tunnel's end the more comfortable the temperature becomes.  

"Be careful," Ningalu hears his brother whisper from close behind.  

Tomeal felt very uncomfortable allowing Kobold to lead the group through the tunnel but he also understood the advantages that dark vision gave them over everyone else with normal vision.  Being completely blinded by the darkness except for the light at the end of the tunnel, the humans would need to use the walls of the passage as a guide.  The Dog seems to instinctively stay close to Selina's leg help navigate her down the tunnel.

Soon Ningalu and his brother approach the end of the tunnel.  The air has become a little more humid as they begin to detect the smell of rotten eggs and the sound of croaking frogs.
Betimi continues to creep forward, crossbow readied.  She tries hard to keep the two kobold brothers no more than 30 feet ahead of her.

~Keep a careful watch for danger~ she emotes to her 'babies'especially the crystalline looking one one her left hand

[OoC Throwing scarab has darkvision 60'm Listen+5, spot+5 and telepathy]
[OoC2: Note she has not bound a vestige yet today as she is still unsure of what they might need]
[OoC: Well then I guess I will continue...]

No one has moved close enough yet to get much of a view beyond the opening to the next part of the caves.  There appears to be some vegetation.  The sounds of frogs, crickets and other creatures you might hear near a marsh, bog or fen.  The temperature is warm and you can smell rotten eggs.  The sound of a waterfall seems louder here.

Tomeal will tell everyone to stay here while he checks it out.  Dog whines slightly and sits.

Tomeal carefully makes his way to the cave opening and looks around.  Once his eyes adjusts he watches for a few minutes then returns to the party.  "There's seems to be a lot of vegetation.  Lots of vines, bushes and fungus..  The ground is wet with small pools of water and small waterfalls dotting the area." 
Ningalu hisses in frustration as Tomreal blunders noisily past first Betimi, then past his brother and himself, ruining any chance they had to scout ahead undetected.  

"ssss  ruin tactics.. silly human!"
(05-15-2020, 07:25 PM)Ningalu Baal\urki Wrote: [ -> ]Ningalu hisses in frustration as Tomreal blunders noisily past first Betimi, then past his brother and himself, ruining any chance they had to scout ahead undetected.  

"ssss  ruin tactics.. silly human!"

"Then why not do something other than complain about 'silly humans' messing up your tactics," Tomeal replies.  "Standing here doing nothing but talk isn't going to help us find out where this strange energy source is coming from!"