RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[OoC lol well if you insist]

Where normally she would have been amused at her error in judgement, Betimi this time nearly bursts unto tears at her foolishness. Such a simple lapse in judgement and she could lose dear friends, she has already lost so many.. and she manages to stop her self from descending into that pity spiral by reminding herself it is juust Focalor playing with her emotions.

She nods, and readying her crossbow, leads the way.

[OoC for the moment with 44 hp she is the tank]
[OoC: Kubo is a Barb/ Ranger, not Barb/ Fighter, unless you count ranger as a fighter subtype]
"Hold young ones, If'n you beg me pardon I will check out the yonder cave, to make sure its safety fer our slumber, just give me a minute to retrieve me throwing axes annd load me crossbow an I'll be leading the way, bout time I did something useful, aside from just makin meself a target!", he then proceeds to pick up his 4 throwing axes from the battle area and loads his MW light crossbow, and then proceeds to try and sneak into the cave an look for trouble.
Hide Check = [1d20+6] = 15+6 = 21 + 2 (for lvl advancement) =23
Move Silently Check = [1d20+8] = 12+8 = 20 +4 (for lvl advancement) = 24
Spot Check = [1d20+1] = 17+1 = 18 + 2 (for lvl advancement) = 20 [if needed]
Finally some decent rolls
Ning decides to humour the dwarf and this time stays floating along silently behind him does not tell the dwarf he is there.

Hide [1d20+18] = 18+18 = 36; Spot [1d20+6] = 15+6 = 21

[OoC Kubo if you want to assume a rle as scout, which is what Ningalu is BUILT for, you need to invest in Spot, Hide, and MS. or just ask Ning to make you invisible. Ning is not bothering to make himself invisible because of the Torque]
[OoC: Kubo is a scout, but he is 2 lvls behind you, so he is working on improving his scout skills as he levels, he has a little ways to catch up[
(10-17-2020, 09:09 PM)Kubo Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: Kubo is a scout, but he is 2 lvls behind you, so he is working on improving his scout skills as he levels, he has a little ways to catch up[

It's fine to have more then 1 scout but perhaps you should also pick up sneak attack or skirmish which is something Ning probably won't be picking up. If given a choice I would choose Sneak Attack because in order to activate skirmish you have move 10'.  Something kind difficult to do unless you pick up tumble or that feat, that's slipping my mind, to avoid AoO.
[OoC: Is there a feat that gives sneak attack?]
(10-18-2020, 04:50 AM)Kubo Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: Is there a feat that gives sneak attack?]

I don't think so.  It would require another dip in a class that gives sneak attack.
[[Precise Strike adds precision damage under certain conditions, but that's a Pathfinder teamwork feat and this is 3.5e.]]
(10-17-2020, 09:09 PM)Kubo Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: Kubo is a scout, but he is 2 lvls behind you, so he is working on improving his scout skills as he levels, he has a little ways to catch up[

[OoC For Hide and move silent you will never catch up.. I get like +8 racial/size bonus and I am basically an illusionist..  Spot however  you will.   As for the sneak attack for a two weapon fighter/hurler I recommend sneak attack. Having to move at least ten feet denies you the full-attack action you need for the off hand. If you went with the ranged option rater than two-weapon I'd have recommended scout class for the skirmish. Moving is an easier trigger than  flanking/sneaking}
[OoC: though Kubo does not have the same racial advantages as Ning, I don't plan on him giving up his role as a party scout with his backstory and class selection thus far, but I think he is more melee oreinted then ning being a barb/ ranger, I am considering maybe picking up a level of rogue for access to sneak attack now.]