RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Selina watches Ningalu/Nangalu rise high above the ground, open their jaws and spit flame and acid all over the final creature, wincing and shrouding her eyes at the intensity of the blast.  Burnt to a near crisp, the festering glob of flesh can only flail about impotently as Tomeal and the tiny light motes finish it off.  Sighing gratefully at the end of the surprise encounter, she reaches into her pack for the bandage.  "Betimi, Kubo, come here please.  You need to heal...as do I."  She gives them each one use of the bandage, consuming one of Crozar's Sunshaad's Refreshments for herself.  That was quite verbose for a healing item...but it seemed to work and it was unique to the cactus-person, so she would not say a word about it.

[[I think the White Bandage is Fast Healing 1 for 11 rounds and the berry is Fast Healing 2 for...X rounds.  I don't remember what X was.  It's 10+CL, I think, so...12?]]
Kubo will move in close to Selina as per her request, for healing.
[[Selina, to speed things up just assume the healing is average.  So each d8 = 5pts.]]

When Crozar asks Elphaba if she has any way to dispel the lights she replies, "I would need to investigate the cave to see what is producing the light motes."  The old woman looks at everyone and adds, "Shall we?  Or should we rest before investigating further?"

[[I will be doing experience when you camp for the night. And I changed my mind about when you gain stat points. I'm keeping it at 1pt every 2 levels instead of 2 points every 4 levels. We will deal with these stat points whenever you decide to camp and I give xp.]]
(01-03-2022, 01:46 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[I think the White Bandage is Fast Healing 1 for 11 rounds and the berry is Fast Healing 2 for...X rounds.  I don't remember what X was.  It's 10+CL, I think, so...12?]]

Vigor is a 3rd level spell so the fruit is CL 5.  So it lasts for 15 rounds, giving 2 hit points per round for a total of 30 hit points. There's also a temp hit point of 2d4.

The Clean White Bandage isn't a consumable item.  It is actually an, Eternal Bandage of Lesser Vigor.  When you wrap it around a wound the bandage turns blood red.  As the the wearer's hit points increase the blood red color slowly fades.  The Eternal Bandage has the ability to cast a Lesser Vigor spell (CL1) on any damaged person who wears it for the duration of the spell (11 rounds).  Once activated the Bandage remains activated for 1 hour.  During this time you may split up the 11 hit points of healing among other injured persons.  The Eternal Bandage may be used 2 times per day. 

Purchase Price: 3000 gp's; Selling Price: 1,500 gp's
(01-03-2022, 10:16 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Vigor is a 3rd level spell so the fruit is CL 5.  So it lasts for 15 rounds, giving 2 hit points per round for a total of 30 hit points. There's also a temp hit point of 2d4.

The Clean White Bandage isn't a consumable item.  It is actually an, Eternal Bandage of Lesser Vigor.  When you wrap it around a wound the bandage turns blood red.  As the the wearer's hit points increase the blood red color slowly fades.  The Eternal Bandage has the ability to cast a Lesser Vigor spell (CL1) on any damaged person who wears it for the duration of the spell (11 rounds).  Once activated the Bandage remains activated for 1 hour.  During this time you may split up the 11 hit points of healing among other injured persons.  The Eternal Bandage may be used 2 times per day. 

Purchase Price: 3000 gp's; Selling Price: 1,500 gp's

[[Right. I knew that about the bandage. It has two uses and she asked Betimi and Kubo to take them. She took the potion berry (Sorry, "Sunshaad's Refreshment") out and chomped down. That's going to be her healing for this rest. So, 11 rounds is just over a minute and 15 rounds is...a minute and a half.]]

Temp HP: [2d4]=5 [[Average. She'll take it.]]
Kubo is 13 HP of of his current max HPof 27HP. How much healing does he get, Kubo would insist on Beltimi being healed 1st as he is newer to the group.
(01-03-2022, 10:08 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][[Selina, to speed things up just assume the healing is average.  So each d8 = 5pts.]]

When Crozar asks Elphaba if she has any way to dispel the lights she replies, "I would need to investigate the cave to see what is producing the light motes."  The old woman looks at everyone and adds, "Shall we?  Or should we rest before investigating further?"

[[I will be doing experience when you camp for the night.  And I changed my mind about when you gain stat points.  I'm keeping it at 1pt every 2 levels instead of 2 points every 4 levels. We will deal with these stat points whenever you decide to camp and I give xp.]]

Selina bites down on the surprisingly juicy berry and blinks as she feels suddenly reinvigorated.  Taking a deep breath, she stretches and sighs pleasantly.  "Crozar, that was amazing.  I feel as though I'm almost back to full strength.  Almost.  I think I could go a bit further, but I will not force anyone who feels overly fatigued.  Perhaps we should find another place to encamp than in the shadow of this...battle."
Crozar nods in agreement and says, "I was intending to investigate the Torque in relation to my Elementarii studies, but it is a fascinating side effect and if we have any left by the time we get out of here, I plan to see if they are cultivatable."
(01-04-2022, 12:31 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2022, 10:08 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][[Selina, to speed things up just assume the healing is average.  So each d8 = 5pts.]]

[[I will be doing experience when you camp for the night.  And I changed my mind about when you gain stat points.  I'm keeping it at 1pt every 2 levels instead of 2 points every 4 levels. We will deal with these stat points whenever you decide to camp and I give xp.]]

Selina bites down on the surprisingly juicy berry and blinks as she feels suddenly reinvigorated.  Taking a deep breath, she stretches and sighs pleasantly.  "Crozar, that was amazing.  I feel as though I'm almost back to full strength.  Almost.  I think I could go a bit further, but I will not force anyone who feels overly fatigued.  Perhaps we should find another place to encamp than in the shadow of this...battle."

Tomeal suggests, "We might want to find a spot along the cave wall but some distance away from the portal.  That way the group would hopefully protected from attack from the wall's direction - hopefully.   Or maybe we should allow ourselves some distance so nothing drops on us from above."
Selina sheathes the sword, still smiling at how good she feels.  There was still a bit of an ache that was bothering her, but it would pass in time.  She looks at Tomeal, then at the cliffside and strokes her lip in thought.  "We could camp near the cliff, but not directly beneath.  That would afford us a good view of as much as possible.  But first, does your mechanism detect the energy here Simon?  Am I correct in my presumption that it is coming from that hole in the cliff?"