RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Perhaps a book is the key, as a book is knowledge
[Bump]

Whatever the answer, the door asked the riddle so it's the door you must address.
Selina ponders and addresses the door with a riddle of her own:

"Everyone wants more of it to feel special, yet the more you have of it the less special you feel."

She knows the answer.  The question is if the question is the answer or if the answer is.
(02-26-2022, 07:22 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ]Selina ponders and addresses the door with a riddle of her own:

"Everyone wants more of it to feel special, yet the more you have of it the less special you feel."

She knows the answer.  The question is if the question is the answer or if the answer is.

It doesn't answer.  It just continues waiting for a serious response.  

[Knowledge]

[OoC:  Hardly anyone is saying anything so I don't know if people are busy with IRL stuff or just don't know the answer so they are keeping quiet.  Kubo was the last to make a suggestion but no one has replied.]
Kubo is thinking that he needs an actual physical book to present to the door as his answer, but does not own one himself. And voiced his possible answer to the group to see if they agreed or disagreed.
To kubo books are sources of knowledge and therefore a possible answer
He is also thinking the answer may be runes, as dwarven runes contain the wisdom (knowledge) of the ancients.
(02-27-2022, 04:34 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't answer.  It just continues waiting for a serious response.  

[Knowledge]

[OoC:  Hardly anyone is saying anything so I don't know if people are busy with IRL stuff or just don't know the answer so they are keeping quiet.  Kubo was the last to make a suggestion but no one has replied.]

Selina blinks once, then considers the response or lack thereof. Her eyebrows slowly rise and a small smirk tickles the corners of her lips.

"Huh...A riddle about knowledge does not consider a riddle about knowledge to be serious? How adorable."
[OoC: Kubo, your last few posts have not included any quotes nor are they apparently directed at anyone.  Some players may think you're just thinking to yourself.  If you want to suggest a book or ask someone if they have a book you should put it in quotes so other people don't think your posts are just an internal dialogue.]

[OoC2: Is Crozar still with us?]

"I don't believe this device allows for two way communication," Elphaba replies to Selina.  "The more I study this door the more I feel like it's the magical equivalent of security waiting for the password to open the way into a rogue's hide out or a pirate's den."
[[Yeah, I'm still here, as I stated in the OOC, Crozar doesn't have the context to offer what I think is the best solution, but I think I just came up with a workaround]]

Crozar has stood nearly as still as the cactuses that it's people so closely resembled for several minutes.  Almost long enough that some of the companions may have begun to wonder if it has fallen asleep.  With a sudden movement, Crozar says, "Do we have anything that might fit in the empty socket?  Or perhaps we can pry out the lightning gem?"  The cacatae begins digging through his hip bag to see if he has anything that would work, perhaps among the material components for his spells.