RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"If we wait a day, not something I want to fo, but if we HAVE to, I can bind Karsus. He wil enable me to dispel magic with a touch."
(04-18-2022, 02:10 PM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: [ -> ]Crozar looks to Elphaba and asks, "I am graced by Sunshad to control the elements, but I have no ability to magically open locks.  So that we might know what we could be losing, do you have that magic?"

“Nor has Selune granted me this capability either.”

(04-19-2022, 01:22 AM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]"If we wait a day, not something I want to fo, but if we HAVE to, I can bind Karsus. He wil enable me to dispel magic with a touch."

Selina nods in response “And if we wait a day I might enquire of Selune to grant me such capability as well. We should decide what to do now, however.”
Elphaba replies to Crozar, "I have no dispel magics for today.  Like Betimi, I would have to wait until tomorrow."

Simon asks, "Is it wise to wait another day.  The longer we stay within the stain the greater chance we be permanently changed."
Selina nods in agreement "I do not wish to wait until tomorrow either.  But we appear to be at a contradictory moment.  If we stay in order to move forward later, we risk change.  If we attempt to move on, we risk setting off some trap if the spell book we found earlier is not considered acceptable.  My only question is are we more willing to risk the latter than the former?  What would you all suggest we do?"  Selina brings the matter to a vote and does not make her opinion known.  She does not wish to pollute the process by influencing her companions.
Betimi shrugs, " I vote we try the book. Even ifd the 'lock' consumes it, we have lost little. None of us use spell books."
Ning simply nods in silent agreement.

"It is just treasure we'd be selling. I am more than willing to sacrifice gold to go home."
Crozar nods and says, "I think it is worth the risk."
Kubo scratches his chin a bit and says,  "We should be using the book, as it sounds like it wont be sorely missed!"
[OoC: I don't believe I ever referred to the book as a spell book.  I remember someone asking if they should try a spell book but only Nang uses anything like a spell book for his prayers.]

[OoC2: So Selina posed the question.  It appears the consensus is you should try the book.]
[OoC: That does seem to be the consensus]