RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Crozar, having returned to its normal form somewhere along the line, asks Elphaba is she has any more transformation magic left.  "Perhaps someone could become a giant spider or ant to bridge the gap of deadfalls?  If not, we probably should go with the other path."
Flying up next to Selina, Ningfalu speaks up.

"Selina and us can fly ahead and tie climbing ropes."
Kubo has 100' hemp rope he offers up, if that is enough rope?
(11-09-2021, 11:48 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2021, 06:09 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[Don't forget that everyone is under the effects of Conviction.  At least I think it's still active.]]

[[...I...guess it's worn off?  Or maybe Kubo and Simon included it in their rolls and still failed?]]

Selina floats in mid-air, the massive, ghostly wings flapping energetically to keep her there, but passing through everyone else so as not to be impeded.  "Such a shame that I do not have a wand full of this spell to make the climb easier."

[OoC: Kubo didn't fail because he rolled a DC15.  Simon did fail.  He rolled a 10.  Add +2 for conviction for DC12.  He needed a DC13.  If you're caster level is 6th (but I thought you were only 5th) then it would be a +3 bonus on saves and he would have succeeded. ]

Elphaba listens to their plans of going over the dangerous mountain pass.  "Absolutely not!" The old woman scolds.  "You said you'd try to go through the mountain, not get killed going over it.  There are not only physical obstacles but also very large creatures, flying creatures, that love plucking stupid adventurers off cliffs and dropping them onto the pointy rocks below.  You've not even slept to replaced your used spells and you're talking about shimmying up a treacherous mountain path like you're going on a pleasant afternoon stroll.  Do you think my powers unlimited?  That I can just fire lightning bolts and polymorphs out my ass?  I've got news for ya, I'm severely depleted and I suspect all of you are too!" 
"Very well.  So you wish us to pass through danger through the mountain rather than over the mountain.  I had agreed with you.  In any case, I do not have the ability to provide anyone else the ability to fly yet, and I did not state that my wish was to fly over the mountain.  So I do not understand what your concern is.  Now come, our time is short."

[[Her CL is currently 5.  She lost one level to taking a level in Crusader.  There are feats to reclaim Caster Levels in D&D, though, which is one of the reasons why I was unsure what feats to take.  Persist Spell/Extra Turning/DMM Persist/etc. is an awful lot of options with three VERY feat-starved classes to administer to.]]
(11-11-2021, 04:34 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[Her CL is currently 5.  She lost one level to taking a level in Crusader.  There are feats to reclaim Caster Levels in D&D, though, which is one of the reasons why I was unsure what feats to take.  Persist Spell/Extra Turning/DMM Persist/etc. is an awful lot of options with three VERY feat-starved classes to administer to.]]

[OoC: Well, Practiced Spellcaster seems a little bit of a waste for just one level.  If you planned to take more levels of Crusader then it would be more worth it.  I tried to help with the feat issue by giving players a feat every other level instead of every third level.  It gives you guys 4 more feats than you would have got.  I do wish there was a way to train for more feats but I don't know of any.  The only option I know of to gain more feats is in a 3.0e, sourcebook.  It has a sidebar speaking about creating magic items with feats in them.  ]
[[The whole point of it *is* to be feat-starved. Cleric is an incredibly uber-powerful class with access to some of the best spells in the game, as well as some of the best feats in the game. But never enough feat slots for all. Crusader is, arguably, the best tank class in the game (Knight might have something to say about that) and also needs a lot of feats. If these two classes had all of the feats they needed, they would be far too powerful. In the Cleric's case, completely broken.]]
Crozar shook it's head and said, "No Elphaba, we don't think you are limitless, but as we don't know what your limits are, the only way to find out is to ask.  Now that we know that going overland is not really a viable option, do we want to rest here before we push on through the shortcut trail?"
"It would not be smart to rest out here in the open," Elphaba says while trying to calm down.  "It is too dark to see but we are close to the collapsed cave entrance. It's only about an hour away, at most."
(11-11-2021, 04:34 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ]"Very well.  So you wish us to pass through danger through the mountain rather than over the mountain.  I had agreed with you.  In any case, I do not have the ability to provide anyone else the ability to fly yet, and I did not state that my wish was to fly over the mountain.  So I do not understand what your concern is.  Now come, our time is short."

[[Her CL is currently 5.  She lost one level to taking a level in Crusader.  There are feats to reclaim Caster Levels in D&D, though, which is one of the reasons why I was unsure what feats to take.  Persist Spell/Extra Turning/DMM Persist/etc. is an awful lot of options with three VERY feat-starved classes to administer to.]]

"I grew concerned when the rope started to be offered up for the climb," Elphaba replies.  "My apologies.  The influence of these vestiges can be quite annoying.  What makes matters worse is that one of the vestiges has a real problem with young women in particular.  Unfortunately, there are only two of you to target in the party and you (Selina) do most of the speaking."