RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Thank you, and I must wait until the morning before I can summon Hagenti's soul."
Simon slowly looks from person to person as everyone seems to have quieted their chatter and have gone silent.

"Ummm... ok." He says while picking up the pen, dabbing the tip into the inkwell and starting to write.  

Quote:Dear Magistrate,

We tourist from a far away land would like to meet with you soon to discuss a matter of mutual importance.  We have hit a road block in our returning to our homeland and wish to speak to you post-haste.

Sincerely,

S

"Is this sufficient?"
Forge remains expressionless and stony faced, but then, that was the only face he had to express. Other than a slight nod to empty space there was no sign of his thoughts on the message. When the matter is done and settled Forge will inquire about acquiring a large enough cloak or robe to help disguise his off-world features.
Betimi nods her assent.

"Selina, that note seems well suited yes?"
- It's fine for me.
(06-17-2018, 03:52 PM)I GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Simon slowly looks from person to person as everyone seems to have quieted their chatter and have gone silent.

"Ummm... ok." He says while picking up the pen, dabbing the tip into the inkwell and starting to write.  

Quote:Dear Magistrate,

We tourists from a far away land would like to meet with you soon to discuss a matter of mutual importance.  We have hit a road block in our return to our homeland and wish to speak to you, post-haste.

Sincerely,

S

"Is this sufficient?"

Selina looks the letter over, makes a few minuscule corrections, and then nods her assent.  “Certainly sufficient, and vague enough for our purposes.  All we shall have to do then isn’t wait for the hoped-for result.”
Betimi looks at Simon, "Do you have cloth large enough anywhere for us to fashion Forge a cloak?  Then again we could probably disguise him as ReMade pretty easily if we have to.   My hope is that the disguise won't be needed, if the mahistrate comes to us."
Nacesh just had a glance at the note and stays withdrawn.
Apparently my idea of avoiding risky wording has fallen on deaf ears.

(OOC - Nacesh is not the one to force his idea on others, also knowing all too well that many are wiser than him. Referring directly to "faraway land" and "return to homeland" in this xenophobic environment does not sound really "safe". I as a player would've used some even more obscure wording, like, "we are about to set the wheels into motion in fulfilling our part of the agreement we've made but time is flying" -- "setting wheels into motion" would be a reference to torque and "time is flying" would be a reference that we need an aircraft. But I as a player tend to overcomplicate things Smile )
[[If Nacesh had a better suggestion, he had ample time to provide it before I posted Selina agreeing to this one.]]
(06-19-2018, 09:51 AM)Nacesh Wrote: [ -> ]Nacesh just had a glance at the note and stays withdrawn.
Apparently my idea of avoiding risky wording has fallen on deaf ears.

(OOC - Nacesh is not the one to force his idea on others, also knowing all too well that many are wiser than him. Referring directly to "faraway land" and "return to homeland" in this xenophobic environment does not sound really "safe". I as a player would've used some even more obscure wording, like, "we are about to set the wheels into motion in fulfilling our part of the agreement we've made but time is flying" -- "setting wheels into motion" would be a reference to torque and "time is flying" would be a reference that we need an aircraft. But I as a player tend to overcomplicate things Smile )

Ooc - It all depends on the paranoia of who's reading itSmile  I think it sufficiently worded to be clear and yet unclear.  Although, your wording is very thought provoking and something I would not have thought of.

Ooc2 -  What time of day is it?  If it is late then Forge will offer to sharpen weapons, polish armor, mend items, and tell the others he does not require sleep.

Forge stops his search for a cloak and nods to Betimi in thanks for her consideration.