RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The extensive care radiating from Piper's note to Ningalu makes Nacesh smile.
"Wish I had such a mentor," he pats the young dragonkin on the shoulder, then glances at Tomeal,
"Guess here goes the one who would most require a guard."

The spearman then waits until Betimi's also ready and joins the exploration.
"Him? Me? Guard? No.. no.. not need guard. Not be seen, me. Stay quiet, learn."

[OoC Hide +17, Move Silent +19 and the party of larger people walking are plenty of cover to hide within, behind, under]
"As you wish," the spearman nods but still keeps an eye on the kobold whenever feasible.
(08-02-2017, 03:55 AM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]Before going upstairs Betimi visits the garderobe and events unfold as in http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....7#pid25137 

The gruff , growling voice of the bearded carpenter replies to Simon. 

"Selina wished to go into town to find a weapon and armour smithy, I would accompany her if  you have what you need from me."

Seeing his expression she allows the  illusion to fade.. appearing again as herself.

"I thought perhaps a more human appearance might benefit me." Even with the illusion dropped her voice remains the same.

Selina is drawn from her reverie by a gruff, unfamiliar voice stating its intent to join her in visiting the market.  She turns and places her hands on her hips as she addresses this new individual.  "I beg your pardon.  And just whom might you be, my good sssir?"  Those who have known Selina for long enough (a number that is actually quite small) would recognize her mannerisms as being tolerant ranging towards unfriendly.  ...Then it all breaks down as she remembers Betimi having...changed herself.  Somehow.  Selina didn't even begin to pretend to understand the woman's obviously different physiology and how it affected what she was capable of.  That added to the visual disguise breaking down briefly and Selina blushes apologetically.  "Oh, Betimi.  I am sorry.  I suppose I forgot.  Thank you for agreeing to join me."

(08-03-2017, 06:34 PM)Ningalu Baal\urki Wrote: [ -> ]"Me ready.. Will come.. look human warren."

Selina smiles and nods to the one formerly known as 'Eek.'  She would refer to him as Ningalu, of course, just as she referred to Powwaw by his actual name.  The kobolds had, thus far, earned at least that much respect from her.

(08-07-2017, 01:46 PM)Nacesh Wrote: [ -> ]Nacesh looks back and forth between Betimi and Gilley, both accompanied by dragonkin. Tough choice. Then remembers that there were others in the company.
"Tomeal? Forge?"

OOC - assuming they are present the question means: "Your plans for the day?" If they are not present the question means: "anyone heard about them?"

Apparently noticing Gilley's business with Piper the spearman joins Betimi and Ningalu,
"We may have some sightseeing together if you don't mind"

Selina raises an eyebrow.  Four now.  This group would certainly be prepared for whatever came to pass.

(08-07-2017, 02:30 PM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]Betimi looks to Selina. 

"It appears you have an entourage. We are ready when you are."

Selina nods slowly, not truly realizing the extent of things until just now "Indeed.  Quite the entourage..."

(08-07-2017, 03:54 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][OoC1:   sent you a couple of PM's to clear up some information about your Vestige. ]

Betimi, Ningalu and Selina have decided to go exploring.  When Nacesh asks Forge and Tomeal what they plan to do for the day, Simon states, "Actually Forge asked me for some help with restoring his joints and other non-working parts.  So one of my friends will be assisting him with that while I work on Betimi's request.  Which I will need a few minutes with Betimi before she leaves to retrieve a rather sizable biological sampling of tissue and blood."

Tomeal replies, "I wasn't really sure.  I thought I would wait to see what the group chose to do and then travel with whomever would most require a guard.  At the moment it seems the shopping group may need some help.  If not for protection I can at least carry their bags for them."  He playfully smirks at his last comment.

Piper will say, "Have a safe day, especially you Ningalu.  You're young, so look to those who have more worldly experience."

Selina's lovely face truly breaks into a smile when Tomeal decides to join them.  She had begun to feel a strange affinity towards Tomeal that she could not quite explain, something drew them together that she could not quite place her finger on.  She had no idea if he felt the same way.  Despite this, she was still quite happy he would be joining her little excursion.  "Of course, Tomeal.  We would be honored if you joined us."

[[I have this idea in my head that those PCs who take the Leadership feat always seem to draw people to them regardless of alignment.  They have this magnetic personality and presence that just makes others want to follow their lead.  If Selina is going to be a Leader, she has to both feel like one and act like one.]]
[[Errr...?]]
(08-20-2017, 10:57 PM)DM Dougfan Wrote: [ -> ][[Errr...?]]

[OoC:  I apologize for vanishing. One of the places to look for info about what's going on if I've (or another GM ) stopped posting is in the GM News Feeds.  Yesterday I posted that one of my clients was hospitalized (twice) so staffing was rather chaotic which limited my posting as I was called upon to help with his staffing needs.  ]

Quote:[OoC Hide +17, Move Silent +19 and the party of larger people walking are plenty of cover to hide within, behind, under]

[OoC2: To a certain extent that is true.  You can move up to half your normal speed and use Hide at no penalty. But when moving at a speed greater than half but less than your normal speed it imposes a penalty of -5.  Strange that the wording doesn't give any penalty for moving full speed other than to say, attacking, running or charging imposes a penalty of -20.   And I'm not sure how much cover 4 people can give you to hide.  Remember you don't have hide in plain sight so you can't hide from someone who is even casually viewing you.  There are plenty of eyes in the streets and markets. ]

Simon will ask, "Betimi will you accompany me behind the screen in the corner for your procedure?"  He then turns to address the rest of the group then says, "I must insist that no matter what you hear, you must not interrupt.  Just know that what Betimi asks is by her own free will.  If you interrupt you may spoil the procedure which may increase her discomfort.  Do you all understand?"  Once Betimi assures everyone that what Simon says is true, she joins him behind the operating screen.  When hidden from view, there is some whispering, followed by a few minutes of silence.  Suddenly the group hears muffled screams of pain.  Tomeal is about to rush the screen but hesitates when he remembers what Simon says about causing Betimi even more discomfort.  The cries turn to whimpers but then all sounds of anguish stop.  Moments later Betimi steps out from behind the screen apparently uninjured.
At Simon's warning about what kinds of sounds the group might hear, Simon nods, and sees himself out the door to wait outside. If it is by Betimi's wishes, he'd rather not have the awkwardness of hearing it.
Betimi walks out a little unsteadily but regains composure quickly.  Donning her heavy cloak she rapidly resumes her illusionary disguise before anyone can take too close a look at her.

Was her  tunic stained in blood or was that just your imagination. It was such a fleeting moment you are not sure

"I am ready when you are Selina."
Fascinating, Nacesh thinks as his face goes pale, obviously fighting to keep his breakfast where it belongs to.
Selina very definitely grows pale at what she hears, having to force herself to remain calm and not go charging in to disembowel Simon. When Betimi emerges, activating her disguise to look none the worse for wear, Selina is morbidly curious, but wisely elects to simply nod and remain silent.