RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Selina is ready, I think.
Crozar glances at it's palm before responding to Simon, "I prefer to pluck on the palms and at the waist.  Shaving tends to leave nubs that feel strange when squeezing or wearing my belt.  I don't tend to both doing much past that though.  It's too time consumptive.  I knew a cacatae in Sanshad that pucked and shaved everywhere.  Took it almost a full day once a week, but did produce a beautiful shining luster and was a very distinctive look in a city full of cacatae."  

Crozar turned back to Betimi and asked, "Does the final form combine the features of your race with the host species, or does it tend to overwhelm the host input completely?  Is it more of a parasitic or symbiotic connection with the host?"

{OOC: Crozar is just making small talk and learning more about the group, but is ready to go whenever.  It has no problem walking and talking}
"The transformation is complete, the larva and host merge fully and become one being" 

She states this matter of factly, unaware of how horrifying the concept might be to other beings.
[OoC ready.. hope you have Nangalu ready.. I have no control over if you levelled him or not]

Eventually Nang\alu wakes his brothers consciousness with a mental jab.

"Wake up, everyone seems to be getting ready."
"Okay I'm up.. hey.. why didn't you put our armour on?"
"I don't know what straps where, so i left it for you."
"Fine fine, I got it."

Everyone else just sees the kobold sigh and shake his head before putting on his studded leather.

"We are ready."
(11-17-2020, 05:50 PM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]"The transformation is complete, the larva and host merge fully and become one being" 

She states this matter of factly, unaware of how horrifying the concept might be to other beings.

Crozar's mouth drops open in surprise.  "I can see why you have difficulty finding willing hosts.  It is reminiscent of how Handlingers are supposed to operate to my understanding, although slightly less predatory.  Could your larva merge with something like the abdead?"
Betimi looks horrified at the thought.

"The poor thing would starve, hosts must be living.  They attach to the mother and bolster their health, much like it is doing for me right now."

"My former masters were not concerned that the host would be willing or not, that is what the breeding pens were for, to keep stocks of pregnant females.  The infants are taken from their mothers to be raised in the slave pens. It is a harsh life. ... that is what I want to save my offspring from.  First we must stop the overseers from entering the prime worlds, if they do, through these random rifts, then whatever world they set foot in is lost."
"I agree that that sounds like something we should work to prevent.  It sounds like you come from a truly terrible place, and I would prefer to avoid that fate for my world and others."  Crozar stands and looks over the group. "What is our next step then?  Simon, what do your instruments say?  Is there a particular direction we should head in?"
While getting 'their' armour on Ning/Nang notice Crozar's lack of armour and ask how it defends itself from being hit.
Crozar shrugs and says, "I try to stay back and allow Luceat to cover me, while I cover it with my Rivebow.  The cleaver is really as much for intimidation as actual melee combat. Between that and the blessings of Sanshad, I am usually able to get people to hesitate long enough to talk to them.  I generally try to talk my way out of fights, which is why I had so much trouble with the wolves.  They were very unwilling to listen to rational discourse."
Nang takes control for the moment.

"I have no arms of my own at the moment, so feel free to borrow these magically defensive arm bracers until i recover."

Ningalu pulls out the set of bracers.