RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ning/Nang will fly up to the wall and begin to gather the stones that are not connected with his pick. We do not want to interfere with the ones that are linked just in case they are our way home.
Kuho breaks out his flint and steal and starts a small fire to warm himself and dry his wet clothes, while his new found allies identify thier loot, and lays down to rest until they tell him they are ready to move on, grumbling to himself as he does so. He tries to kep his fire small and smokeless, Survival Skill Check = [1d20+5] = 5+5 = 10
"I think we are finally ready to continue. Or should we rest? We have barely used our resources for the day, so rest might be premature."
(09-13-2020, 03:47 PM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]"I think we are finally ready to continue. Or should we rest? We have barely used our resources for the day, so rest might be premature."

[OoC: It's too early to rest.  You've only been down in the caves for maybe 2 hours.  You still have another 6 hours of exertion (not including short rests) before you'd be able to properly refresh yourself. ]

[OoC2: I will have Experience points done soon.]

Tomeal says, "I guess the only direction to go is down the other fork.  I will take the lead.  The rest of you should sort yourselves out behind me." He then looks at the dwarf, "What do you do?  You look like a warrior.  Will you join me at the front or protect the party from anything that might attack us from behind?"
(09-13-2020, 06:36 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2020, 03:47 PM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]"I think we are finally ready to continue. Or should we rest? We have barely used our resources for the day, so rest might be premature."

[OoC: It's too early to rest.  You've only been down in the caves for maybe 2 hours.  You still have another 6 hours of exertion (not including short rests) before you'd be able to properly refresh yourself. ]

Tomeal says, "I guess the only direction to go is down the other fork.  I will take the lead.  The rest of you should sort yourselves out behind me." He then looks at the dwarf, "What do you do?  You look like a warrior.  Will you join me at the front or protect the party from anything that might attack us from behind?"

Kubo responds, "Me skills extend to trail finding/ breaking and scouting details, some would call me a ranger! I'll join ye up at the front if you'll be havn me!"
[OoC: It seems that Betimi, Selina, Tomeal, Ning, and Nang, have all gained a level.  There is no need to rush to update your characters.  You can gain your level anytime from now til tomorrow morning.  Just let me know what you've done in the experience section.  Remember to check the house rules.  I believe Ning gets a point to one of his stats which is suppose to be the opposite (physical or mental) from what he gained at 2nd level.]

(09-13-2020, 09:19 PM)Kubo Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2020, 06:36 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]

Kubo responds, "Me skills extend to trail finding/ breaking and scouting details, some would call me a ranger! I'll join ye up at the front if you'll be havn me!"

"Scouting will certainly be of help," Tomeal replies.  "We've been using the Kobold's skill in stealth to scout ahead of us.  And even though I don't believe I've seen anyone who can hide as well as he can, being up front is usually not the place for an Arcane Spellcaster.  So he will probably have no problem with you taking his place."
"If we get to a place where there may be traps, I will move up front again."
Selina suddenly pulls herself up short, eyes widening with realization as she smacks the flat of her palm against her forehead.  After taking her gauntlet off and rubbing her head with her glove-covered hand and muttering 'Ow' because...metal hurts, she asks Ningalu "I just remembered.  Can you direct that Identify wand at me?  In addition to this magnificent sword I was gifted by a group of good men, there has been something...odd that has been occurring to me in combat for some time."  She slides the weapon off her shoulder and holds it in front of herself.
[OoC do I needto make another Torque check for Nang, or were there enough uses left in the last identify. Or was it 'outside the cone'?]
In the moments of silence while waiting, Betimi feels her grief almost overcome her and seems to retreat into herself, puling her hood up and quietly talking to her self. Her shoulders occasionally wracked by sobs.