RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Selina continues to give Betimi a horrified look.  Had she not seen what these 'Remade' creatures looked like?  This was torture and extortion and forced ostracism that her companion was essentially consigning herself to.  She looks at Nacesh and nods her agreement before returning to Betimi and whispering softly.  "You saw what the 'ReMade' are.  Are you seriously telling me that you would rather take the hit for us than see if we can work out some way of avoiding it altogether?"
Even though the Magistrate does allow you all some small amount of privacy, the whispers peak his interest.  Outstretching his arms like a vulture's wings, he rests his hands upon the banister of the balcony above you and looms toward your group.  His eyes narrowing and his thin lips curling into an inquisitive smirk.  You could practically hear him whispering, 'whatever are they up to...'
Betimi whispers back in her gravelly voice.

"If we can avoid it let us do so, but if not.. we have suffered worse, had our babies torn from us."

As she says this she cannot help but stroke the crystalline bracelet adorning her left hand, as if it were a pet.
[OoC: I'm giving everyone a heads up that I will be posting soon; most likely tomorrow.  Please remember that like always, if for some reason you want to role play anything and haven't had a chance to reply before we continue on, feel free to do so in your next post.  ]
Selina's look only looks more horrified at what she hears.  Took your babies?  What in the planes could you possibly mean?  She turns to see the Magistrate looming over them and her eyes cross at his level of suspicion.

"This cannot be happening.  Alright, Magistrate.  I noticed you had an interest in the description of our plane, goddess only knows why.  I wonder if you would be willing to trade such information for clemency."

((Here's hoping...))
Diplo: [1d20+5] = 17+5 = 22
OOC - Wisdom is not Nacesh' strength and I won't even attempt a Sense Motive check or such but wiser members of the party may think about one thing... For me it looks as if the Magistrate were not "so" fond of Remaking but if his peers find this out he'll be deemed weak, removed from his post, and probably remade horribly... so maybe, MAYBE we could make use of his fears by offering him some way to further his goals, strengthen his position or whatnot.
[[*shrugs* oh very well...]]
Sense Motive: [1d20+4] = 10+4 = 14

[[...Well, at least she succeeds at an Aid Another, right?]]
[OoC in character I wasn't goint to bother, but because Sense Motive is passive Sense Motive [1d20+1] = 12+1 = 13]
(11-16-2017, 11:02 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: I'm giving everyone a heads up that I will be posting soon; most likely tomorrow.  Please remember that like always, if for some reason you want to role play anything and haven't had a chance to reply before we continue on, feel free to do so in your next post.  ]

[OoC:  Best laid plans.  Rolleyes  ]

You have noticed he does seem interested in where you come from.  Kee senses most keenly that the Magistrate's interest is more than just a passing curiosity and he might be interested in something in particular.  All of you suspect that he might be more sympathetic to your situation than he's letting on.

"Clemency?"  The Magistrate asks while arching a single brow.  "Clemency for this type of crime would be difficult to grant.  It would require me to call in personal favors and place myself in the uncomfortable position of owing some favors of my own.  I'm not sure if what you're offering is of any value to me personally."  

Just then a ruddy skinned gentleman who's also wearing fine Gothic style garb steps into view from behind the Magistrate and whispers into his ear.  He then steps back out of view but when he does his eyes briefly fall over you and you all get this unsettling, stepping over your grave, feeling.

You sense a subtle and uncomfortable shift in the atmosphere of the room.  The Magistrate seems to notice it as well as he loosens his collar and tugs on the lapels to adjust the fit of his jacket.  

"But there may be someone of importance who MIGHT be interested," he finally states.  "Would you like to meet him before I conclude this hearing."