RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[OoC: I forgot the possible crit the creature may have gotten on Tomeal but first...]

[OoC2: The dam caused by Crozar's spines are offensive in nature so you don't do any damage when just defending.  ]

Initiative NameDamage HealedDamage InflictedCurrent Hit PointsConditionsNotes!
20.6Kubo------00/39FLAT FOOTED+2 saves
20.4Small Crab 1---16pts (Selina)16/??------
20.4Small Crab 2---6pts (Kubo)6/??------
20.4Small Crab 3---5pts (simon) 5/??------
19.5Simon------00/49---+2 saves
16.1Selina------00/58---+2 Saves
10.2Tegab---2pts(sm.Crab) 2/??---+2 Saves; -1 Con
14.4Betimi------00/58---+2 Saves
14.4Ning/Nang------00/27---Flying UP 30'
11.4Medium Lice 1--- 7pts (Betimi) 7/??------
20.4Medium Lice 2------??/??------
20.4Medium Lice 3------??/??------
20.4Medium Lice 4------??/??------
9.4 Large Swarm 1------??/??------
9.4 Large Swarm 2---19pts (Simon)19/??------
8.2Tomeal------ 2/60 (Was 66)---+2 Saves; -1 Con
8.1Crozar---2pts(sm.crab)2/13---+2 Saves; +2 AC
4.1Elphaba------??/??---+2 Saves

Quote:Notes:
  • Crozar gains +2 AC against any creature Tomeal can reach.
  • Everyone except Ning/Nang has Conviction:  +2 Morale bonus on all save throws for 50 minutes.
  • Ning/Nang emanating Circle vs Chaos.  No one else currently in radius. 
You're movement is reduced to half speed and you can't charge or run.

The creature attempts to latch onto Crozar but the large Man-Cactus just basically pulls the critter off his chest while it shrieks in protest, and tosses it to the ground.

The critter who latched onto Tomeal attempts to confirm its critical hit...

Confirm Crit: [1d20+3]=14+3=17, Damage: [1d4]=2; failed

Fortunately Tomeal's armor provided enough defense to block part of the viscous bite.

Simon retrieves an extract from his Haversack [Move action; No AoO] and then swallows it [Standard Action].  He suddenly begins to feel weightless...

Enraged, Selina shouts at the critter who dared to attach itself to her dog and feast upon the pup's blood!  She moves to the other side of Tegab.  Then with a quick snarl and a glare [Swift Action] she initiates her stance.  The critter's bulbous eyes rotate to look at the Crusader but it refuses to give up suckling on the dog to fight the scary woman. [While attached, it's just draining Con so it doesn't make any additional attacks.  But while attached it also loses its dex bonus.]  However, the other critters who are not attached are seriously thinking Selina looks like a real snack! Selina then lifts her great sword that's crackling with green, lightning like energy, and hacks into the creature for major damage.  Selina feels a rush of excitement from the blade.  It's finally tasting battle!

Dog tries to escape from the creature...

Grapple check: [1d20+4]=3+4=7, Bug: [1d20+8]=16+8=24; Failed

Unfortunately Tegab isn't able to shake the creature loose!   Sad 

Waiting for Betimi and Ning/Nang...

MAP!!
[Image: k5uGfZk.png]

Betimi takes aim at the nasty critter latched onto Tegab. "Get OFF him!!"

Croosbow attack [1d20+11]=19+11=30; (-2 to natural armour at close range) Damage [1d8+1]=7+1=8; + Cold [1d6]=5;
Possible Crit - Crossbow Crit Confirm [1d20+11]=2+11=13; Extra Crit Damage [1d8+1]=1+1=2
[I highly doubt that confirms the crit, but still 13 damage]
Now safely under the effects of the Protection from Chaos, Ning swoops down 10 feet while unrolling the scroll of Haste. Quickly he reads the spell off the scroll. He targets Selina, Tomreal, Kubo, Tegab, and betimi; those most likely to benefit from the Haste's extra attack.

Torque check (+5 scroll level; +5 protection from Chaos; +2 nice cavern) [1d20+12]=1+12=13
{Well, on the bright side, I didn'tcast whatever happens on myself, lol)
20.6Kubo------00/39---+2 saves
20.4Small Crab 1---16pts (Selina); 13pts (Betimi)29/??------
20.4Small Crab 2---6pts (Kubo)6/??------
19.5Simon------00/49---+2 saves
14.4Ning/Nang------00/27---Flying UP 30'
20.4Medium Lice 2------??/??------
8.2Tomeal------ 2/60 (Was 66)---+2 Saves; -1 Con

• Everyone except Ning/Nang has Conviction:  +2 Morale bonus on all save throws for 50 minutes.

Betimi points her crossbow at the Small Crab that's attached to the Dog (that also happens to be adjacent to her) and pulls the trigger.  The bolt pierces the critter, its shriek is abruptly cut off as its legs curl up under it's body and it falls off the dog... Dead.

[OoC:  Ning: Retrieving a scroll is a move action.  So unless the scroll was in hand when you moved 10' down, you can't do those things and cast a spell.   You can cast the spell but you just can't move 10' too.]
[OoC: No answer from Ning for 2 days about his action so I'm going to assume he just doesn't move 10' down but everything else remains the same...]

[OoC2: I had to make a change to the Initiative/Damage chart.  I noticed I had accidently placed damage from Kubo on a small Crab when he actually damaged the Medium Lice. ]

[OoC3: I forgot Simon has a Masterwork potion belt for his potions and Extract.  So he pulled his Extract out as a FREE Action (Not a Move) so he was able to fly into the air 30'.]

[OoC4: If you see any creature on the map with a red * it means it has been damaged.]

20.6Kubo------00/39---+2 saves
20.4Small Crab 1---16pts (Selina); 13pts (Betimi)29/??------
20.4Small Crab 2------??/??------
19.5Simon------00/49---+2 saves; Flying up 30'
14.4Ning/Nang------00/27---Flying up 30'
20.4Medium Lice 2---6pts (Kubo) 6/??------
8.2Tomeal---2pts(sm.crab) 2/60 (Was 66)---+2 Saves; -1 Con

Ning pulls out a scroll from his pack and then recites the words of magic infused within the fine vellum.  Suddenly he realizes the casting of the spell is not going the way it should.  He tries to hold the threads of weave together but the spell falls apart and simply fails, luckily without any additional torque thaumaturgic effects.

[[There's a 10% chance of nothing happening and I rolled a lucky 2%.]]

Now the Quartet of Medium Lice attack.  They scurry around the thick individual hairs toward the party.  The first moves into the threatening area of Selina's tIron Guards Glare Stance.  It immediately turns it's attention to the priest and leaps at her...

#1: Med Lice Bite: [1d20+7]=5+7=12, Damage: [1d6]=5, Grapple: [1d20+15]=18+15=33; Miss!; But check out that grapple!  Very lucky the bug missed!  

But Selina's armor fends off the attack.

The 2nd next Medium Lice launches itself at Kubo...

#2: Med Lice Bite: [1d20+7]=3+7=10, Damage: [1d6]=5, Grapple: [1d20+15]=20+15=35; Miss!!  But a 20 on the grapple!!

Kubo armor also deflects the creature's bite!

While Tomeal is trying to fend off the small Crab and defend Crozar, the 3rd Medium Lice scurries up on the warrior...

#3:  Med Lice Bite: [1d20+7]=1+7=8, Damage: [1d6]=5, Grapple: [1d20+15]=15+15=30; Miss!  

But Tomeal steps out of the way causing it to completely miss.  

The last Medium Lice scurries straight for Betimi and threatens her menacingly. [Two move actions] [Remember the Swarms don't have reach so you get no AoO for moving past them. ]

The two large swarms slowly creep toward the group...  [Each took 2 move actions]  Both swarms will be ready to engulf multiple members of the party next round unless they move!

[Now it's Tomeal, Crozar and Elphaba's turns.  Kubo can go too if he wants or he can wait for what happens.  If anyone plans to help Tomeal, remember that because of the grapple, the crab is in his square (I-9). ]

MAP!!

[Image: eopYTcB.png]
(09-02-2021, 06:38 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][...If anyone plans to help Tomeal, remember that because of the grapple, the crab is in his square (I-9). ]

[[Selina sez: "...Just a touch busy at the moment, darling." *flutters her eyelashes as she wipes oversized vermin off her weapon*]]
Crozar looks quizzically at the obvious blood-drinking vermin thirsting so mightily for its own precious sap.  "Please Sunshad.  Grant me your aid and burn away these vermin." it prays silently and again snaps that gnoscourge.  The portal tears and a living fragment of the sun emerges between the nearest packs of pests.

[[Summoning Concentration Check: [1d20+5]=13+5=18 much better this time.  Summoning it to I-8.  Does the fail attempt count against the number of summons I have?]]
(09-02-2021, 07:57 PM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: [ -> ]Crozar looks quizzically at the obvious blood-drinking vermin thirsting so mightily for its own precious sap.  "Please Sunshad.  Grant me your aid and burn away these vermin." it prays silently and again snaps that gnoscourge.  The portal tears and a living fragment of the sun emerges between the nearest packs of pests.

[[Summoning Concentration Check: [1d20+5]=13+5=18 much better this time.  Summoning it to I-8.  Does the fail attempt count against the number of summons I have?]]

I will look into whether you lose a summons. 

Don't forget, you need to tell me your augmentations for the elemental and what it's doing.
(09-02-2021, 08:36 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2021, 07:57 PM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: [ -> ]Crozar looks quizzically at the obvious blood-drinking vermin thirsting so mightily for its own precious sap.  "Please Sunshad.  Grant me your aid and burn away these vermin." it prays silently and again snaps that gnoscourge.  The portal tears and a living fragment of the sun emerges between the nearest packs of pests.

I will look into whether you lose a summons. 

Don't forget, you need to tell me your augmentations for the elemental and what it's doing.

My apologies.  It will be starting with improved Damage (3d8 damage), Health (+2 Hit Dice) and Reduce Vulnerabilities (decrease any of the elemental’s innate vulnerabilities. For example, a fire elemental normally takes 50% extra damage from cold attacks. With this bonus, that vulnerability is cut in half, to 25%).  Crozar would have it attack the swarm at H-8
[OoC: Summoning Elementals is a Spell-like ability.  That means it requires a CL level check.   Sad  So your CL check would your Caster Level (+2) +2 ( for the Goldilocks zone) = [1d20 +4].  So it's up to you what you want to do.  You can do something else and wait for Ning to lower himself down close enough to catch you in the Sphere of vs Chaos or you can just hope for the best and roll the Caster Level Check.]

The DC will be...

Medium Elemental = 1st Level Spell = DC16
Large Elemental = 4th Level Spell = DC19
Huge Elemental = 7th Level Spell = DC22
Blast Summons = 8th Level Spell = DC23
Summon 2 elementals = 9th Level Spell =DC24

I won't be counting failed Summons against your limit.]