RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[OoC if he didn't answer I was about to head to his place and ask his landlord to do a wellness check]
[OoC: Yes, I'm alive.  I'm not sure what's going on but I've been under the weather.  Anyways, let's try to get back on track. ]

Once everyone's rope is gathered together and tied end to end, the party ties each other together.  When secure you take another look into the black depths of the pit where the stairs that line its edge quickly seem to quickly disintegrate into the darkness.  

Tomeal releases a deep, breath and mumbles, "Light'em if you hav'em," referring to any light sources the party might bear.  When everyone has illuminated whatever sources of light they own, Tomeal goes to step on the stairs before stopping and saying, "Perhaps it makes sense that a trap checker should lead the way."

[OoC2: I know the party usually relies on Selina's cameo necklace to see but if you want to use your own light source please let me know.  I'll eventually remember to add it to the map.  Undecided ]

Selina's Cameo Necklace with Continual Flame.  As a free action you can tap the front to light it up and tap it again to shut it off.  This item requires no slots.

FYI: A Cameo is a piece of jewelry, typically oval in shape, consisting of a portrait in profile carved in relief on a background of a different color.  This cameo can be opened up along its edge to place a tiny portrait or lock of hair inside for safe keeping.

[Image: mfr3igu.png]

[[Welcome back, Marvel. Good to see you up and about again.]]

Selina nods to Tomeal and taps the little cameo dangling beside her Holy symbol, shedding the light of a flame on her surroundings.
"We'll lead." 

Ning/Nang ties the end of the rope to his belt and flies 20' in front of Tomreal. 

[OoC they deliberately are staying at the limits of the light as they are relying on their 90' darkvision]
"Respectfully, I should be next.  I do not rely on the light to see."

Betimi ties herself to the rope about 20' behind Ning/Nang.
[[I believe Ningalu, Betimi, and Kubo all have Darkvision. Not sure about Crozar or Elphaba, but Tomeal and Selina are both regular Humans, so they require some form of light. My suggestion is for Kubo to go next, then Selina, then Crozar and Elphaba, then Tomeal with our other light. That way, it doesn't ruin the Darkvision of those who have, and divides the light sources amongst those who need.]]
Kubo has darkvision, and no light sources so he is good with that plan
Everyone, even those with darkvision, cannot see into the depths of the pit.  However when the continual light from the cameo touches the darkness they cancel each other out leaving an area the size of torchlight [20' radius], of normal darkness.  Within this 20' radius darkvision works normally.  Additionally, Nang (the disembodied hand) has blindsight [60'] which it confers upon its host (Ning).  So they are able to sense by scent and vibration deeper into the pit.  Currently they sense nothing of interest.

The pit is around 20' in diameter.  The stairs attached to the inside wall of the pit is about 5' wide so this creates an open 10' diameter shaft that goes down the center of the pit with spiral stairs on either side.  [I hope that makes sense.]

Simon asks, "Does anyone have any illumination that's more powerful than Continual Flame?"
Selina frowns at this and looks around for a stray rock. If she finds one, she will gently toss it so it tumbles down the staircase. Then she listens for the sound.
Crozar pulled a gold-tipped rod from it's hipbag and said, "I have some sunrods, which are stronger than a torch, but not as powerful as a Continual Flame."