RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Spot: [1d20+6] = 20+6 = 26, Simon spot: [1d20+10] = 17+10 = 27; wow!

Anyone rolling a 15 or above suddenly realizes that some of these mushrooms have humanoid characteristics.

Tomeal frowns at the sight.  He hoped these humanoid shapes were just a weird characteristic of the mushrooms and not an indication they were once actual people.  Tomeal looks over at Selina to see if she notices the strange humanoid likenesses too.

"Fascinating," Simon says suddenly.
Selina does a double take when she sees it, grabbing for Tomeal's hand again.  As uncomfortable as she was upon first arriving on this godsforsaken plane, this whole business with Mists and body horror and mushroom people has her nearly frantic.  "We.  Must.  Get out of here.  As.  Soon.  As.  Possible!"
Spot [1d20+1] = 10+1 = 11

Betimi does not notice until someone points it out.

When she sees, she nonchalantly greets one of the mushrooms in Undercommon to see if it answers
Kubo spotting the mushroom forms purposely moves slowly and tries not to react to rshly so not to cause a panic that could get people hurt. "Don't no one panic, but I think we just walked into a Tribe of Mushroom men, sometimes my people trade with them!"
Ningalu knows his brother will be curious so glides closer to one of the mushrooms, careful not to touch the fungus, so that Nang can take over and look at them.
When you examine the mushrooms you notice that none of them seem to you being there and seem inanimate.  If they were once humanoids, their faint expressions do not appear to show horror.  In fact, it seems as if they simply passively accepted whatever had happened to them and they just layed down.  

Simon comments, "This is very odd.  I find it difficult to believe anyone would just give up their lives and accept this kind of metamorphosis.  I suspect that whatever was affecting their bodies, was also affecting their minds.  Will this soon be our fate too?  Will we eventually just accept whatever the Torque does to us?  As Selina said, we must hurry before the Torque changes us and maybe we won't want to escape!"

Tomeal holds Selina's hand and whispers, "Yes, lets get out of here."  He the pauses a moment and adds, "Wait a second.  There's something stuck on you." Tomeal reaches up and picks at something on Selina's brow.  He plucks it off and it hurts for just a second.  Tomeal holds it up to the light and both of you see it's a tiny green scale.  

"Where did that come from," Tomeal asks.
Crozar's eye widens at the sight of the scale. He says, "Intriguing.  Simon, can one of your sensors tell if she is Torque-touched?  It might be worthwhile to see if there is torque residue on these poor folk as well.  Assuming that that won't take too long, we probably do want to get out of this area as soon as possible."
(12-06-2020, 11:50 PM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: [ -> ]Crozar's eye widens at the sight of the scale. He says, "Intriguing.  Simon, can one of your sensors tell if she is Torque-touched?  It might be worthwhile to see if there is torque residue on these poor folk as well.  Assuming that that won't take too long, we probably do want to get out of this area as soon as possible."

"I will if she accepts the scan."  Normally he wouldn't hesitate but he didn't want to be the bearer of bad news that she didn't want to know if there is some residue.  He does scan the mushrooms people and does detect massive changes due to Torque energy and he shares this information.
Selina lets out a little "Ouch!  What are you...!?" as Tomeal pulls something off of her forehead, holding her gauntleted hand up to it.  She is about to give him a stern look when he shows her what it is...and her face falls into an even deeper look of shock and horror.  It freezes in place as a few tears begin to trail down her cheeks.  She doesn't want to touch it, doesn't want to look at it, but she can't stop staring.

"No..."  Her breath comes out in sobbing gasps as her nightly dreads are already coming to pass.  A snake scale.  Plucked from her own brow.  She looks at the palm of her hand that had been there...and sees just the smallest amount of blood.  Her blood.  It is all real.  She clutches at her symbol until the metal begins to dig into her palm, releasing still more of her blood.  "This cannot be happening..."

She barely hears Crozar or Simon, so rapt is she in her own panic.  All she can think of is MONSTER!
"I'm sorry," Tomeal apologizes when he sees that plucking whatever it was off her brow bothered her. "I thought it might be a bit of plant or maybe a speck of food so I thought I'd remove it for you."

When Selina is having a real issue with the tiny scale that Tomeal thought was no big deal (because he's clueless of the possible implications) he says softly, "Hey, hey, hey, everything's fine.  It was just a callus or something.  We're warriors.  We fight and get weird stuff on and in weird places all the time.  It's no big deal."