RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-25-2019, 02:01 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-25-2019, 01:40 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][OoC; It's difficult to explain.  A spellcraft might help you in figuring out what happened.  You do take damage it just doesn't bother you.  If your crusader abilities delay the damage too long then you really will take the damage.  

It happened when you were fighting Unreth. http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....4#pid19704 ]

[[Hmm.  Steely Resolve only delays a set amount of damage.  It’s up to 5 points in a single round right now.  Anything beyond that is taken directly from her HP as normal.  It’s just a little bit of extra that makes Crusaders such good tanks.]]

Selina is curious about how she can’t feel the damage caused by the stink breath...

Spellcraft: [1d20+6] = 13+6 = 19

[OoC: How long does it delay?

To identify an effect that is already on you you need a 20 plus the spell level.  So you just missed it.  ]
[[One round. At the end of the round, the delayed damage is applied and the pool resets.]]
(03-25-2019, 03:01 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[One round.  At the end of the round, the delayed damage is applied and the pool resets.]]

[OoC: Oh well whatever is affecting Selina lasts much longer than 1 round.  So you're not in any danger of taking the damage.  Even though it's only 3, the next hit could be much more...]
Yes, I meant Imp2 oops.

Betimi moves 5' to I9 and grasps Nang and physically moves him into the stairwell going down (H9). [Standard action grab, Move action to move him?]

"Get into cover little one!"
Ningalu does not want to waste a spell on just the one remaining foe when he is so uncertain of the spells success. He Readis to cast Distract if he sees more than one of the mephits that sank below sight return, and be within 30' of another or Imp5.
[OoC: Remind me to never create a combat with so many creatures.  OMG, it's so time consuming to make and attach all those rolls!!   Confused ]

Betimi drags Nang [His initiative changes] over to the stairs.  When she tells him to get down below, Nang replies, "But me brother!  Me can't leave him!"  He does step down a few stairs and pees over the floor to keep an eye on Ning.  

Ning readies a spell for any new Mephits.

The Captain continues to sail the ship...

Guards 1,2 & 3 all attack the last mephit [and see through the blur].  Guard1 hacks [8 damage] into the Mephit with his longsword. [But failed to crit. ]   Guard2 missesGuard3 misses.  

Selina ponders why her injuries never appeared, she fires off her crossbow at the creature.  She sees through the blur and gets a solid hit but the bolt just shatters when it strikes it's strange flesh.

Nacesh couldn't cast his Ice Knife.  If he misses, the explosion would hit the guard3 and likely knock him out.  So Nacesh takes a chance at firing into melee and points his finger at the creature then whisper's a single word.  Instantly an ice cold beam flashes from his finger tip, ignores the blur spell and strikes the creature in the face!  [Ray of frost; Max damage: 4; Gains +1 on damage due to Silver Dragon Bloodline.]  The Mephit's face freezes and it tumbles out of sight.

Simon delays...

Round 5

The imps are gone.  The guards begin to celebrate their victory.  The captain just looks at the flapping sails and his instincts scream something is wrong.  "THE WIND IS PICKING UP!!!"  

Suddenly Guard3 screams as his body is rag-dolled by some unseen force and thrown 20' into the mast, his bones making loud crunching noises as about a dozen are crushed.  When the body falls to the deck in front of the young kobold with a sickening slop sound, Nang's eyes bug out of his scaly face and he shrieks in terror.  Betimi, not so much.  Just a little goo sloshes onto her foot.

The guards are screaming, "What the fuck!!" / "Run!!!"  Guard1 orders, "NO! Gather around Selina!" [They will move on their turns]

Forge yells, "WHERE IS IT!!!"  [Delaying]

Kee yells, "I don't know!!"  [Detecting magic!]  Looking toward where Guard3 was, he doesn't notice anything magical other then some equipment on his companions.

Tomeal readies bow for the first sign of an enemy.

Everyone else's turn:  You all get +3 bonus to hit Mephits and only +1 to hit this invisible creature.

Simon's jaw was slack from shock.  He soon comes to his senses and takes a 5' step to F7 [Will update on next map].  He pulls out a small stoppered bottle and hands it to Selina, who's the closest to him and exclaims, "Drink this fast!  Prepare to fight!"  He begins frantically whipping his head back and forth looking for something on the deck...

Quote:Initiatives and Damage Updates:

25 Creatures [Imp1: DEAD]; [Imp2: FELL]; [Imp3: FELL]; [Imp4: FELL]; [Imp5: FELL]; [Imp6: FELL]; [Imp7: FELL]; [Imp8: Dropped out of sight]
23 Forge [3/ 37]
15 Kee [4/ 17]
14 Tomeal [1/ 48]
13 Betimi  [3/42]
7 Nang (Ning's twin) [3/8]
11 Ning [1/17] 
10 Captain [1/41]
9  Guards  [Guard1: 12/20]; [Guard2: 12/20]; [Guard3: DEAD]; [Guard4: 0/20]; [Guard5: 10/20]
8  Selina [0/38], Dog: [3 damage]
5 Nacesh [0/21]
4 Simon [4/42]
[Image: PDkbhtS.png]
[[Not much chance of it, but maybe...]]

Before Selina drinks the solution, she gives it a quick appraisal...

Craft (alchemy): [1d20] = 17

[[Not bad...this is to see if she can recognize what's in it. Add +6 if it’s spellcraft.]]
[OoC: Strange.  The map didn't show up in the post.  I know I put it there...  Huh  I'm on my phone right now but I will add the map when I'm at my computer.]

Selina believes it may allow her to see the creature.
[[lol but at what cost Tongue]]

Selina considers her next action briefly, then realizes that any cost to drinking it would surely be less worse than not doing so and potentially causing the death of everyone. Since they were all gravitating to her actions...

She unstoppers the flask.
*gulp*

[[Oh, and I really should have been rolling for this, but by this point she has all of her maneuvers fresh in mind and available for use.]]
(03-25-2019, 05:23 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[lol but at what cost Tongue]]

Selina considers her next action briefly, then realizes that any cost to drinking it would surely be less worse than not doing so and potentially causing the death of everyone.  Since they were all gravitating to her actions...

She unstoppers the flask.
*gulp*

[[Oh, and I really should have been rolling for this, but by this point she has all of her maneuvers fresh in mind and available for use.]]

[I have to wait for the characters above you to move but I will tell you that nothing bad happens.  It's just see invisibility. ]