RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-27-2021, 08:31 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: Sorry for the delay.  A staff took a Leave of Absence so I've been picking up extra shifts.  They've now temporarily filled that position so I should have a little extra time to post.  And shockingly, the client who's been screaming nonstop has suddenly, for the most part, chilled out.  This could change at any time but for now, I hope I can get some uncomplicated - meaning posts that don't require maps etc because the work computers suck - posting done at work tonight.  ]

[OoC2: Crozar, you haven't told me which square you want me to place the elemental other than somewhere in between but you only have a 25' range.  So I'm placing your elemental at G-14. ]

[OoC3: Just like other summoning spells, I assume your elemental can choose to act as soon as it appears.   What did you want it to do?  You can make it delay too. ]

[OOC: Sorry, I thought I had specified, yes I wanted it at G-14 and I would direct it to immediate charge the nearest rotter and attack it.]
[OoC: Due to the order of initiatives, going back to have your Elemental to attack before the Small creatures attacked will require me to change most of my last post.  This is because your Elemental would move up the creatures to attack.  Then they would end up splitting their attacks between the elemental and Tomeal.  Selina wouldn't get attacked. Meanwhile everyone has already rolled and one died.  So I'm just going to have your elemental delay until after the Small Creatures do their actions, and then the next round have him go on the same action as you.  That means, instead of a charge, I'll have the elemental swing around (it moves 50') to flank Selina's monster.  I hope that sounds fair.  ]

After a small creature attacks Selina, the miniature ball of sunlight, with ribbons of plasma erupting from its surface, seems to be carried away on those ribbons to circle around to flank the skeletal creature.  A solid band of flame suddenly bursts forth from the fiery sphere... Elementarii Attacks: [1d20+9] = 18+9 = 27, Damage: [2d6+1] = 7+1 = 8, Fire: [1d6] = 1; HIT!!;  Unfortunately SLAM attacks are BLUDGEONING!  
The band slams into the creature's small body, but the spongy skeleton absorbs the bludgeoning damage and only gets slightly singed from the fire.  [1 damage  Confused  ]

Simon floats toward Tomeal's group and tosses an acid Bomb at Small creature 4.  [Using Precise Bomb Feat to avoid Tomeal.] Attack: [1d20+11] = 8+11 = 19, Damage: [4d6+6] = 18+6 = 24; HIT!; 
There's a greenish explosion and instantly the small creature dissolves into a puddle of goo.  The creature[3] attempts to dodge the splash damage Reflex save: [1d20+3] = 1+3 = 4; Critical Fail [Splash Damage 10 ]
But instead of Zigging he Zags and jumps right into the acid which burn away its left arm and half of its face.  The escaping gasses make the creature expel a sort of deep gasp as if it was in pain. 

[Waiting for Ning/Nang]

Initiatives:
  • 21.2 Tomeal (Damage 3)
  • 20.4 Ning/Nang
  • 20.3 Simon
  • 20.1 Creatures (Medium)
  • 14.6 Kubo
  • 12.1 Selina (Damage 4)
  • 12.0 Dog
  • 9.4 Betimi
  • 7.1 Crozar
  • 7.1 Elementarii [HD 6; Hp: 49; AC:18; Attack: +7; Damage: (2d6+1)+1d6 Fire ]
  • 4.2 Creatures (small) [2 Dead] [#1 taken 1 damage] [#3 taken 10 damage]

[Image: iYF1Xwlm.jpg]
[OOC: Yeah, that works for me. Do these creatures seem to be adversely impacted by the direct sunlight of the elemental? Just trying to get a gauge if their sunlight ability would be impactful.]
(01-28-2021, 05:10 PM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: [ -> ][OOC: Yeah, that works for me. Do these creatures seem to be adversely impacted by the direct sunlight of the elemental? Just trying to get a gauge if their sunlight ability would be impactful.]

[OoC: What exact 'sunlight' ability, are you talking about?  Huh  ]
(01-28-2021, 05:15 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-28-2021, 05:10 PM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: [ -> ][OOC: Yeah, that works for me. Do these creatures seem to be adversely impacted by the direct sunlight of the elemental? Just trying to get a gauge if their sunlight ability would be impactful.]

[OoC: What exact 'sunlight' ability, are you talking about?  Huh  ]

[Sorry, not Sunlight, it is Daylight, as per page 139 of the Gazateer.  But I reviewed the spell myself, and at best it would induce any penalties the creatures have for being in daylight, but it isn't bright enough to damage or destroy them if that is the only thing that happens to them in daylight, so it probably isn't a worthwhile action at this time.]
[[Does the Sun elemental flank? I'm asking this for the obvious reason and also because the Spiritual Weapon does not.]]
(01-28-2021, 07:37 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[Does the Sun elemental flank?  I'm asking this for the obvious reason and also because the Spiritual Weapon does not.]]

[OoC: Yes the Elemental does flank. ]
Ningalu will cast mirror image, then fly 60 feet to k-9, rising to 15' off the ground. Behind and just below Simon.

Mirror Image [1d4+1] = 4+1 = 5
(01-29-2021, 08:24 PM)Ningalu Baal'urki Wrote: [ -> ]Ningalu will cast mirror image, then fly 60 feet to  k-9, rising to 15' off the ground. Behind and just below Simon.

Mirror Image [1d4+1] = 4+1 = 5

I will need a CL check