RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I updated the treasure post again. http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....7#pid43967

Someone should take the Amulet of Health +2.. I vote Tomreal as his role as tank, or Selina for the same

As for potions. I will mark the ones that Betimi is interested in
Potions
  • Potion of Aid:  Glowing liquid that is crimson in color. It smells and tastes like ginger. - Betimi
  • Potion of Cure Moderate:  Glowing liquid that is white with orange globules. It smells like excrement and vanilla, but tastes like tea and rum
  • Potion of Levitatee:  transparent, slimy draught that is pink with ochre flashes. It smells and tastes like ashes.
  • Potion of Protection from Energy (fire):  Bubbling, thin mixture that is emerald in color. It smells like chocolate and lemon, but tastes like acid and salt.
  • Potion of Spider Climbing:  Ichorous liquid that is cobalt in color. It smells like vanilla and strawberries, but tastes like earwax.
  • Potion of Cure Light Wounds:  Bubbling, watery substance that is pearl in color. It smells and tastes like vanilla.
  • Potion of Cure Light Wounds:  Fizzing, vicious potion that is gray in color. It smells like oranges and red pepper, but tastes like melon.
  • Potion of Darkvision: Moving, murky elixir that is gray with emerald specks. It smells like spit and urine, but tastes like acid.
  • Potion of Reduce:  Pulsing fluid that is gold in color. It smells like vanilla and blood, but tastes like cooked meat.
  • Potion of Fox's Cunning:  Swirling, transparent, thin elixir that is crimson in color. It smells and tastes like fish. 
  • Oil Mage Armor - Betimi
  • Oil Mage Armor
  • Potion Cure Moderate Wounds
  • Potion Enlarge Person
  • Potion Lesser Restoration
  • Potion of Enlarge Person
  • Potion of Jump
  • Potion of Protection from Good - Betimi
  • 2 x Potion of Reduce Person
Betimi looks at the newcomer. "I know you did not adventure with us to win these treasures, but  the better armed and equipped you are, the better we will be able to survive anything we face, please feel free to select among these weapons and armour to etter equip yourself."
  • MW handaxe (306 gp)
  • 11 MW arrows (165.55 gp)
  • MW dagger (302 gp)
  • MW large steel shield (170 gp) - Tomreal
  • MW shortbow (330 gp)
  • MW short sword (310 gp)
  • MW thieves tools (100 gp)
  • MW Light crossbow (335 gp)
  • MW quarterstaff (600 gp)
  • Masterwork Glaive (308 gp)
  • 2 x Masterwork Scale Mail (2x200 gp)
  • Masterwork Spear (302 gp) - Betimi
  • Masterwork Warhammer (312 gp)
  • Masterwork Whip (301 gp)
kubo looks over the offered items, "Though I likes Heavy Crossbows, Battle Axes and Handaxes most, maybe the Master Work Light Crossbow would work for know, until I can get a heavy version."
[OoC and the masterwork handaxe?]
[OoC: Oops I missed that thanks!]
[[OoC: I thought about it and Selina doesn’t need the gauntlets, really. She has magic. The gauntlets should really go to Tomeal or Kubo. Selina, as she is currently kitted out, is a bit more of a true tank. Her stance and Steely Resolve forces opponents to attack her while her allies wail on those enemies. Maybe she could do with a bit more damage, but I think she’s currently just fine there. As far as the other items...I dunno.]]
(09-06-2020, 01:47 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[OoC: I thought about it and Selina doesn’t need the gauntlets, really.  She has magic.  The gauntlets should really go to Tomeal or Kubo.  Selina, as she is currently kitted out, is a bit more of a true tank.  Her stance and Steely Resolve forces opponents to attack her while her allies wail on those enemies.  Maybe she could do with a bit more damage, but I think she’s currently just fine there.  As far as the other items...I dunno.]]

[OoC Tomreal then, not to meta-game  but Kubo just joined our characters this minute while we are identoifying items. It would not make sense for our characters to equip him with hard won magical treasure.]

[OoC the amulet of heath makes sens e for you or Tomreal.. as you are our 'tanks']
Ningalu asks for a potion of cure moderate, the potion of spider climbing, oil of mage armor, and a potion of lesser restoration.  As point4d out before I am unable to use the Enlarge or Reduce Person potions as i am type dragon not humanoid

Potions
  • Potion of Aid:  Glowing liquid that is crimson in color. It smells and tastes like ginger. - Betimi

• Potion of Cure Moderate:  Glowing liquid that is white with orange globules. It smells like excrement and vanilla, but tastes like tea and rum - Ningalu

• Potion of Levitatee:  transparent, slimy draught that is pink with ochre flashes. It smells and tastes like ashes.

• Potion of Protection from Energy (fire):  Bubbling, thin mixture that is emerald in color. It smells like chocolate and lemon, but tastes like acid and salt.

• Potion of Spider Climbing:  Ichorous liquid that is cobalt in color. It smells like vanilla and strawberries, but tastes like earwax.- Ningalu

• Potion of Cure Light Wounds:  Bubbling, watery substance that is pearl in color. It smells and tastes like vanilla.

• Potion of Cure Light Wounds:  Fizzing, vicious potion that is gray in color. It smells like oranges and red pepper, but tastes like melon.

• Potion of Darkvision: Moving, murky elixir that is gray with emerald specks. It smells like spit and urine, but tastes like acid.

• Potion of Reduce:  Pulsing fluid that is gold in color. It smells like vanilla and blood, but tastes like cooked meat.

• Potion of Fox's Cunning:  Swirling, transparent, thin elixir that is crimson in color. It smells and tastes like fish. 

• Oil Mage Armor - Betimi

• Oil Mage Armor [b]- Ningalu[/b]

• Potion Cure Moderate Wounds

• Potion Enlarge Person

• Potion Lesser Restoration[b]- Ningalu[/b]

• Potion of Enlarge Person

• Potion of Jump

• Potion of Protection from Good - Betimi

• 2 x Potion of Reduce Person
(09-06-2020, 02:11 AM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-06-2020, 01:47 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[OoC: I thought about it and Selina doesn’t need the gauntlets, really.  She has magic.  The gauntlets should really go to Tomeal or Kubo.  Selina, as she is currently kitted out, is a bit more of a true tank.  Her stance and Steely Resolve forces opponents to attack her while her allies wail on those enemies.  Maybe she could do with a bit more damage, but I think she’s currently just fine there.  As far as the other items...I dunno.]]

[OoC Tomreal then, not to meta-game  but Kubo just joined our characters this minute while we are identoifying items. It would not make sense for our characters to equip him with hard won magical treasure.]

[OoC the amulet of heath makes sens e for you or Tomreal.. as you are our 'tanks']

Technically wouldn't the meta-gaming be giving a stranger a magic item because IRL you know they're going to join you're group?  In your character's reality you just met this person. I don't recall even a detect alignment or detect thoughts being used to make sure they aren't a danger to the group. And you're currently in an area where you can't even rely on your spells to protect you if he turned out to be a bloodthirsty killer.

Tomeal swore to defend the people who saved his life.  Which I think only Betimi and Selina are left from the original group. So he will be watching anyone who joins.  The kobolds are probably good people though because he's known them for awhile.
[OoC: Unless Masterwork quality is considered to be magical in and of itself, the Masterwork Light Crossbow and Masterwork Handaxe where the only equipment offered to Kubo]