RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Not hurt here"
(10-28-2020, 05:40 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[Ayup.  And Selina is always partial to giving healing to others who are in the same state over herself.  So seeing Simon and Tomeal both with some damage, she will tend to them before herself.  She, evidently, has never heard of burnout.]]

Simon says, "I do have some potions and a wand that can heal wounds.  I've been hesitant to use them because of the Torque."

Quote:Crozar is particularly intrigued by the anti-Torque wand.  "Where did you find such a wonder?" it asks Ning and Nang between spells. 

"It was my idea," Simon replies. "I am a scientist and my main focus of study is on the creatures of this world.  There is no greater source of strange creatures than the one mutated by the Torque.  Obviously the Torque and it's chaotic affects became an important part of my research.  During my studies I noticed there was another source of energy interacting with the Torque that was actually nullifying it to some degree, along its northern edge.  Through some experimentation I theorized that attuning yourself with that energy might offer some resistance.  So the anti-torque wand was created.  I doubt it would offer much protection away from this never before discovered source of energy but within its influence it does seem to slightly boost a target's resistance to the corrupting affect of the Torque."

Simon summons a potion out of his backpack and then with a wary look to the rest of the group he swallows its contents.  "Mmmm... spicy..."

Torque roll: [1d20+5] = 18+5 = 23
Healing: [3d8+5] = 21+5 = 26

Suddenly almost all of Simon's wounds disappear.  [He now only has 2 damage to heal.]

"Wow, it worked!!," Simon exclaims with relief and surprise.  

"Now we must decide what we are going to do with the belt and the book.  The belt was identified as Retractable armor.  I assume that will require someone putting it on.  I would point out that it's unlikely these items are cursed.  Adventurers don't usually wander around wearing cursed items if they can avoid it." 

Tomeal says, "I'm technically a volunteer in this group so I have no claim upon anything you find but I have no problem putting the belt on if the rest of you want to be cautious."

Despite Ning's awesome attempt at opening the lock, it seems to resist his attempts.  He thinks there might be some kind of magic foiling his effort.
"Fascinating" Crozar adds, quickly jotting down some notes in his notebook, "Most of my work is with Elementals and planar magics, and I have begun looking at the interactions of Elementals with Torque.  This field has not been explored by any Thaumaturges I am aware of, and would love an opportunity to compare notes with your research."
(10-29-2020, 06:50 PM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: [ -> ]"Fascinating" Crozar adds, quickly jotting down some notes in his notebook, "Most of my work is with Elementals and planar magics, and I have begun looking at the interactions of Elementals with Torque.  This field has not been explored by any Thaumaturges I am aware of, and would love an opportunity to compare notes with your research."

"Of course,"  Simon replies.  "Once we get out of this place I'd be happy to compare notes."
"Anyone have a magic spell to open locks?, I can try armour, to see what it iis, but will not be able to actually use it if it is heavier than a chain shirt."

He looks at Kubo, "You do not have magical armour either".  and at Betimi "Nor do you."
(10-29-2020, 07:09 PM)Ningalu Baal\urki Wrote: [ -> ]"Anyone have a magic spell to open locks?, I can try armour, to see what it iis, but will not be able to actually use it if it is heavier than a chain shirt."

He looks at Kubo, "You do not have magical armour either".  and at Betimi "Nor do you."

"None of my extracts cover dispelings of arcane locks."  Simon then offers Ning the belt to put on.
"Why don't we hold off on wearing any items we have concerns about for now.  I will have to speak with some of my sisters to see if there is anything Selune can provide to remove potential curses."

[[OoC: At level 6, Selina will get access to level 3 Divine Magic and can cast Remove Curse.]]
kubo says, "as a Barbarian Ranger I am only proficient with Light armors!, but if the belt turns into leather or studded leather count me interested!"
(10-29-2020, 07:35 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ]"Why don't we hold off on wearing any items we have concerns about for now.  I will have to speak with some of my sisters to see if there is anything Selune can provide to remove potential curses."

[[OoC: At level 6, Selina will get access to level 3 Divine Magic and can cast Remove Curse.]]

Simon shugs and says, "Sensible precaution but I still doubt it's cursed.  But I suppose if it was cursed, it might have contributed to the person's death.  If we aren't doing anything with the belt and none of us are capable of casting Dispel Magic to unlock the book, we might as well rest.  Unless anyone has any objections to the previously suggested watch, that means Ning/Nang is up first for 2 hours and 4 minutes."

Twilight:
Ning/Nang

Evening:
Betimi 
Kubo

Night:
Selina (Midnight Prayer) 
Tomeal

Morning:
Simon
Crozar 

[OoC: I accidently stated that divine casters needed 6 hours sleep to recover spells and that was a mistake.  They don't actually need any rest before praying for spells.  I'm not sure why I even wrote that because I know better.  My excuse is, I was working that night and as usual the nonstop yelling from one of my clients must have made me have a brain-fart.   Sad  ]
[[They need rest for the same reason everyone else does.  They recover spells and spell slots by praying and communing with their respective deities.  And I know the feeling.  That’s been me for the past few weeks.]]