RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[OoC: Changes/mistakes will be fixed when the map is updated.  Thank you for bringing it to my attention. ]

Initiative Round 4 Continued:  [Please let me know if the damage I've posted in the Initiatives are correct for your character. ]
** {Status effects...}  Let me know if I missed any!
** {EVERYONE = +1 unnamed bonus to hit these creatures for 7 rounds.}
** {SELINA = Protection from Chaos for 4 minutes + 9 rounds} **Longstrider for 1 hour per level (5 hours)}
** {NING = Protection from Chaos for 5 minutes} **
** {SIMON = DISPLACEMENT for 1 round per level (6 rounds)}**

1. Ning 23.4; DAMAGE: 2
  2. Kubo 19.6
  3. Selina 16.1; DAMAGE: 24!
  4. Simon 15.5; DAMAGE: 4
  5. Tomeal 15.2; DAMAGE: 39!
  6. Betimi 14.4
  7. Dog 14.2; Scent
  8. Monster E  12.5
  9. Monster F  12.6
  10. Monster G  12.7
  11. Monster 1  12.8; Damage: 7
  12. Monster 2  12.9
[Last round: Dog is very unhappy about not being able to move. He whimpers and moves nervously.  He doesn't look like he's going to stay back much longer.]

Ning uses the wand again and once again feels the Torque alter the wand's casting.  But this time Ning does feel the spell affect him AND now he senses that no charges were lost from the wand.  [Yay! the Torque did good this time! ]

Kubo takes another step toward the beasts and throws his axe at one of the big ones.  He gets a solid hit (but the creature avoids the critical). 

[Selina's, Simon's, Tomeal's, and Dog's turns.]

[Image: f3fJIAwm.png]
Betimi already wen6. above http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....1#pid45051 just the exact same damage as last time, different target.
(10-11-2020, 06:16 PM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]Betimi already wen6. above http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....1#pid45051  just the exact same damage as last time, different target.

[OoC: Thanks.  I will add your actions when your initiative comes up. ]

(10-11-2020, 07:53 AM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]"Drink your damn healing potions!"

"Is that wise?" Tomeal asks.  "Would not the Torque have a field day with such a weak magic item?  If so, the cure could be worse than lingering near deaths door.  But I will use the potion if you say so."
"I do not know, in that case Selina if you don't take a moment to heal you or Tomreal these things are gonna kill one of you. If that happems the rest of us won't last long.! We will keep attacking while you do.
[[Steely Resolve would kick in so she's taken 5 less damage...for now.  Oh.  And she gets an extra +1 to her damage rolls as a result of Furious Counterstrike, so yay!  More overkill Tongue.]]
[[OoC2: At the beginning of her turn, Selina gains her last non-expended, non-prepared maneuver, Crusader's Strike.  And none too soon.]]

Selina winces in pain as she gets a taste of what Tomeal endured.  Biting back a curse, she grits her teeth through the burning agony and grips her weapon tighter.  "Take out the smaller ones first.  Let's make this a battle of numbers.  And make sure they're fully dead!"

Selina takes a healing potion out, unstoppers it, and drains the contents down her throat.

[[Don't remember what CL the potions were.  Going to roll the d8 and trust you to add the proper mod.  If she needs a Torque check, let me know.  Her anti-Torque mod is +9, I think.]]

HEAL!: [1d8] = 4

Sighing slightly as that helped her a little, she turns her attention to the downed (but not yet dead) creature directly in front of her.  Lips curling up in a grimace, she stabs at it with her blade.

[[blarg...]]

Omae wa mu, shindeiru!: [1d20+8] = 1+8 = 9; NANI?: [2d6+4] = 8+4 = 12; Boom: [1d6] = 1

[[CLW 4+4 = 8 HP back]]
(10-12-2020, 03:16 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[Steely Resolve would kick in so she's taken 5 less damage...for now.  Oh.  And she gets an extra +1 to her damage rolls as a result of Furious Counterstrike, so yay!  More overkill Tongue.]]
[[OoC2: At the beginning of her turn, Selina gains her last non-expended, non-prepared maneuver, Crusader's Strike.  And none too soon.]]

Selina winces in pain as she gets a taste of what Tomeal endured.  Biting back a curse, she grits her teeth through the burning agony and grips her weapon tighter.  "Take out the smaller ones first.  Let's make this a battle of numbers.  And make sure they're fully dead!"

Selina takes a healing potion out, unstoppers it, and drains the contents down her throat.

[[Don't remember what CL the potions were.  Going to roll the d8 and trust you to add the proper mod.  If she needs a Torque check, let me know.  Her anti-Torque mod is +9, I think.]]

HEAL!: [1d8] = 4

Sighing slightly as that helped her a little, she turns her attention to the downed (but not yet dead) creature directly in front of her.  Lips curling up in a grimace, she stabs at it with her blade.

[[blarg...]]

Omae wa mu, shindeiru!: [1d20+8] = 1+8 = 9; NANI?: [2d6+4] = 8+4 = 12; Boom: [1d6] = 1

[[The CL of Cure Light Wounds potions are usually 1st level.  You don't use your own CL for Magic items.  So if you want to use a potion, you will need to roll 1d20+1 and your DC is 16.  Not very good odds.  But even if you fail there's a small chance the potion will still work but a greater chance something bad will happen. ]]
[[Well that really, actually sucks. In a major way. Okay, so she'll convert a Prot. from Chaos into a CLW at CL4 instead.]]

Anti-Torque: [1d20+9] = 18+9 = 27

[[So that's 4 + 4 = 8 HP back and she retains Crusader's Strike because casting a spell is a standard action...so not quite as bad.]]
(10-12-2020, 04:45 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[Well that really, actually sucks.  In a major way.  Okay, so she'll convert a Prot. from Chaos into a CLW at CL4 instead.]]

Anti-Torque: [1d20+9] = 18+9 = 27

[[So that's 4 + 4 = 8 HP back and she retains Crusader's Strike because casting a spell is a standard action...so not quite as bad.]]

Remember,  if you personally cast a cure spell you roll d4+4 not 1d8.  Cure spells from magic items remain unchanged.
[[Oh right. So let's reroll.]]

Try again!: [1d4+8] = 4+8 = 12

[[Yep.]]
[OoC: This post took forever to type up!!!  ]

[OoC2: I added up all the damage you've taken this round and put it in a spoiler called: Total Damage.  Everyone is still standing but two of you are really beaten up!! ]

Initiative Round 4 Continued:  
** {Status effects...}  Let me know if I missed any!
** {EVERYONE = +1 unnamed bonus to hit these creatures for 7 rounds.}
** {SELINA = Protection from Chaos for 4 minutes + 9 rounds} **Longstrider for 1 hour per level (5 hours)}
** {NING = Protection from Chaos for 5 minutes} **
** {SIMON = DISPLACEMENT for 1 round per level (6 rounds)}**

1. Ning 23.4
  2. Kubo 19.6
  3. Selina 16.1 
  4. Simon 15.5
  5. Tomeal 15.2
  6. Betimi 14.4
  7. Dog 14.2
  8. Monster E  12.5
  9. Monster F  12.6
  10. Monster G  12.7
  11. Monster 1  12.8
  12. Monster 2  12.9
Selina easily casts her cure light wounds and Selune grants her maximum healing from the spell.  

Simon moves backward and the large creature's [#1] tail lashes out and gashes him across his leg.  But now they're closer, the coppery scent of blood fills their senses, sparking some kind of Blood Frenzy within them!

Tail attack: [1d20+8] = 14+8 = 22, Damage: [1d4+3] = 4+3 = 7; +2 damage from Blood Frenzy; 9 damage!

Simon says, "Either they're very lucky or my Displacement doesn't seem to be having any affect upon them!"  He then slips a small vial out of the folds of his cloak and throws it at the large creature [#1].  

Range touch attack: [1d20+11] = 15+11 = 26, Damage: [4d6+9] = 18+9 = 27; HIT!

A large fiery explosion envelopes the creature's head!  The creature yelps in pain but as the fire disapates it looks like the flames didn't do as much damage as you anticipated.

"Of course," Simon mutters. "They're resistant to fire too!"

Tomeal waited to hear what to do about the potion but when Selina offers no advise and Betimi basically said, she wasn't sure, he decides to take the chance.  

Torque check: [1d20+1] = 10+1 = 11, Cure Light Wounds: [1d8+1] = 7+1 = 8; Oopsie!

"The big one [#1] is nearly dead!  Take it out," Tomeal says before swallowing the potion, and a second later he mumbles, "I don't feel so good..."  Suddenly his eyes start glowing and he begins to yell, "WHAT'S HAPPENING!!!!"  
KA-BOOM!!!

An explosion of Chaotic Energy envelopes everyone friend and foe, within 30' of Tomeal.  [This includes everyone except Tomeal and one enemy.  The explosion even hit TWO of the Fur-bees! ]  Everyone affected takes 7 points of damage!  Anyone affected by the Torque wand (Selina and Betimi) takes -5 damage.

Betimi then calls down a bolt of lighting upon the Large creature [#1] but it dodges most of the blast...

Reflex save: [1d20+10] = 9+10 = 19: Success; 4 damage!

Dog is still blocked by the sporadic fires blazing around him. [Delay]

The creatures continue to regenerate their wounds.  Strangely the unconscious creatures don't seem to be healing.  Or if they are, it's at a much slower rate.  With their blood frenzy, the creatures don't hesitate to attack!

Creature [G] charges over its unconscious litter-mate and attacks Selina at shocking speed and ferocity!  

Tail Att: [1d20+5] = 3+5 = 8, Dam: [1d4+4] = 4+4 = 8, Extra Tail Att: [1d20+5] = 20+5 = 25, Dam: [1d4+4] = 3+4 = 7; MISS!; HIT!]
Tail Att: [1d20+5] = 19+5 = 24; CRIT CONFIRMED +8 Damage!  

Selina dodges the first tail attack but the second attack catches her off guard.  It slashes her across the side of the neck, just nicking the artery!  [+16 damage!]  [OUCH!]

Creature [E] moves (TWICE) then lashes it's spiked tail at Tomeal...

Extra Tail Attack: [1d20+5] = 11+5 = 16, Damage: [1d4+4] = 4+4 = 8; MISS!

But Tomeal's armor absorbs the attack!!  [If that hit, Tomeal would have likely went down.  I better update his level!   Tongue ]

Creature [F] moves (TWICE) then lashes it's tail at Kubo...

Extra Tail Attack: [1d20+5] = 12+5 = 17, Damage: [1d4+4] = 1+4 = 5; HIT!!

And gashes him across the hip!

The battered Large Creature [1] moves in slowly 5' (10'move) and lashes at the most bloodied creature who happens to be Selina.  Two tails lash out at her...

Extra Tail Att: [1d20+8] = 18+8 = 26, Dam: [1d4+5] = 3+5 = 8, Tail Att: [1d20+8] = 15+8 = 23, Dam: [1d4+5] = 2+5 = 7;

And Rips her a New One!!  Slashing in unison, each tail rips across both sides of her body, opening terrible wounds!  +15 DAMAGE!   

The last large creature [2] moves closer to the fray and senses two equally bloody opponents.  So it splits it's 2 attacks.

Extra Tail Attack: [1d20+8] = 20+8 = 28, Dam: [1d4+5] = 1+5 = 6, Tail att: [1d20+8] = 17+8 = 25, Dam: [1d4+5] = 4+5 = 9; Holy SHIITE!  
Confirm Crit: [1d20+8] = 13+8 = 21; Succeeded on Tomeal!

Tomeal is gutted by a tail spike [15 damage]
Selina is slashed again by a spiked tail [9 damage]

Both Tomeal and Selina are teetering back and forth but are still on their feat.  Selina's Steely Resolve will go away soon.

Ning can feel his breath weapon return.
ROUND 5!!
[Everyone's turn!!  Ning/Nang, Kubo, Selina, Simon, Tomeal, Betimi, and Dog! ]

Total Damage: [Please let me know if the damages I've posted are correct for your character. ]
Ning: DAMAGE: 2; +2 Chaotic damage = +4 damage
Kubo: Damage +7 Chaotic + 5 tail lash = +12 damage
Selina: DAMAGE: 24!  HEALED 12 HIT POINTS!  New total taken: 12 (- 5 Steely resolve = 7 points taken) + 2 Chaotic Damage = 14/9 (steely resolve) + 16 damage from Tail spike = +30 damage/25 (steely resolve) + 15 damage from two tail slashes = 45/40 (steely resolve) +9 damage 54/49 steely resolve!  
Simon: DAMAGE: 4; + 9 damage AoO; New total taken: 13!; + 7 chaotic damage: +20 damage
Tomeal: DAMAGE: 39! No chaotic damage +15 damage = 54 damage.  [Teetering on his feet]
Betimi: Damage 7 Chaotic damage
Dog: Damage 7 Chaotic Damage
Monster E: Damage 7 Chaotic - Heal 3 = +4 damage
Monster F:
Monster G: Damage 7 Chaotic - Heal 3 = +4 damage
Monster 1: Damage: 7 Chaotic +17 from bomb; Total taken: 24 +7 = 30 damage + 4 from lighting - Heal 3 = +31 damage
Monster 2: Damage 7 Chaotic Damage - Heal 3 = +4 damage
Fur-bee: Damage +7 Chaotic Damage!  It's in very bad shape.  Bzzt!  Bzzt!
Fur-bee: Damage +7 Chaotic Damage!  It's in very bad shape.  Bzzt!
Fur-bee: Damage +7 Chaotic Damage!  It's in very bad shape.  Bzzt!

Map:
[Image: RtnWzNvm.jpg]