RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[[I think we’re still waiting on Tomeal as well.]]
[OoC: Tomeal is delaying until after Crozar's action.  If Crozar manages to destroy the second leg then Tomeal will drink the enlarge person potion.  If Crozar doesn't do enough damage or decides to attack the body then Tomeal won't have any choice but to attack the leg.]
Crozar will aim for the leg, but the Luceat will just attack the creature as a whole.
[[If I could make the recommendation that we all focus on the legs holding Ningalu until he’s free? Ideal situation would be if everyone was available to go banzai on it all at once.]]
(05-02-2021, 05:59 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2021, 03:12 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Initiatives: (Damage) (>Actions)
  1. 24.7 Spider Creature: 22 damage + 11 damage =  33 damage
  2. 24.4 Ning (1 image left + 1= 2 targets) Spitfire returns: [1d4]=4; (start of 2nd round)
  3. 19.1 Selina: 17 + cured 7pts =24 (out of 30); 10 Total Con damage!
  4. 18.5 Simon: 12 Damage + 7 damage cured + 11 cured! = 0 damage!!
  5. 11.6 Kubo
  6. 10.4 Betimi
  7. 9.5 Dog: 7 damage Cured 7 = 0 damage!
  8. 7.2 Tomeal:  6 damage + Cured 7 = 0 damage
  9. 5.1 Crozar
  10. 5.1 Sun Elemental (Luceat)
Everyone Gains +1 morale bonus to hit from Bless and +1 unnamed bonus to hit from Dark Knowledge.  Total = +2 to hit! 

Nang steps in and takes over for Ning and casts distract assailant for him... Will Save: [1d20+11]=9+11=20 but the creature resists and the spell fails. [It used up its AoO on Simon.  So no need to cast defensively]

Nang uses Dark Knowledge (Free Action): Dark Knowledge: [1d20+17]=3+17=20; Succeeded but that sucks!;  Everyone gains +1 to hit the creature!  Nang then casts Scorching Ray at one of the flexible legs... 

Range Touch attack: [1d20+9]=3+9=12, Damage: [4d6]=14; HIT!!; barely.... 

A flaming bolt of energy shoots from Nang's hand and blasts one of the legs holding onto his brother, Nang.  The creature squeals in pain but doesn't let go!

Kubo fires off a bolt at the already weakened spider leg.  The arrow digs deep and cracks the chitinous exoskeleton of the leg. While the beast shrieks in agony, the underlying musculature slowly pulls apart, snapping like rubber bands.  The leg goes limp, unraves and drops to the ground.  With only one arm, the creature is having trouble hanging onto Ning... [-20 on grapple checks.]

Betimi tries firing an arrow at the creature's leg but she finds shoot at the smaller target very difficult and when she fires off a bolt it completely misses.  (Like, not even in the same ballpark).

Dog barks at the creature and then runs to attack the Spider leg for attacking one of its masters.  Miraculously, the dog's bite sinks into the the leg holding Ning and tears a piece of chitin off the appendage!  [7 damage to the second leg!] 

Dog attack: [1d20]=14, Bite: [1d8+2]=5+2=7; Forgot to add attack bonuses from bab, morale, grapple bonuses etc.  But he actually hit so I wasn't going to reroll! [2nd leg takes 7 damage! ]

Tomeal is delaying until he sees what Crozar chooses to do. 

[ the sunspot What are you and the elemental attacking?  The leg holding Ning or the creature?]

Question:  Betimi was not evein in the ballpark with an attack roll of 18? But dog hit with a 14?   I know firing into melee imposed a -4, but just makingsure you diod not confuse my damage roll with my attack roll
[[Marvel said that they forgot to add the modifiers. 14 was the die roll, but maybe dog has an extra +3 hidden somewhere?]]
(05-02-2021, 11:44 PM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]Question:  Betimi was not even in the ballpark with an attack roll of 18? But dog hit with a 14?   I know firing into melee imposed a -4, but just making sure you did not confuse my damage roll with my attack roll

First, your roll wasn't an 18.  Unless I'm reading it wrong, you rolled a 14.  The dog rolled a 14 before adding any bonuses.

Quote:In that case, heeding Simon Betimi will fire her crossbow at the creatures legs instead of calling down lightning.

Crossbow att [1d20+9]=5+9=14; Dmg [1d8+1]=6+1=7; + cold [1d6]=1

Second, Dog is no longer just a typical wolf-hound.  You are 5th level and about to move up to 6th.  I did not see a problem with Dog gaining 1 or 2 HD to help keep him alive.  He also benefits from Bless and Dark Knowledge.

Third, if I do say something like, 'it's not in the same ball park," it isn't to berate your roll.  It's to give you a hint of what kind of AC you're trying to hit.  I try to drop hints about many things that's happening during an encounter without coming out and saying, 'hey, you rolled a 14, you're either going to have to roll a hell of a lot better or just maybe you might want to just stick with lightning bolts!'
(05-03-2021, 02:36 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]Second, Dog is no longer just a typical wolf-hound.  You are 5th level and about to move up to 6th.  I did not see a problem with Dog gaining 1 or 2 HD to help keep him alive.  He also benefits from Bless and Dark Knowledge.

Third, if I do say something like, 'it's not in the same ball park," it isn't to berate your roll.  It's to give you a hint of what kind of AC you're trying to hit.  I try to drop hints about many things that's happening during an encounter without coming out and saying, 'hey, you rolled a 14, you're either going to have to roll a hell of a lot better or just maybe you might want to just stick with lightning bolts!'

[[This part makes me, and Selina by extension, happy. She'd be shattered if she watched Dog die in front of her.]]
You're right, don't know why I thought the roll was 18. Brain fart? I did forget both the Bless and at the time of the roll did not know of the dark knowledge, but I do not believ they'd have changed the result. The only reason I asked was due to the 'ballpark' comment, because (for some reason thinking I rolled 18) it seemed odd that I missed by a mile. She is probably going to stick with lightning bolts to guarantee damage and let the melee attackers take out the legs.
[OoC: I updated the Initiative table. This should be easier to see. ]

Quote:
Initiative NameDamage HealedDamage InflictedCurrent Hit PointsConditionsNotes!
24.7Spider Creature---+22hps+11hps33/????------
24.4Ning/Nang------27/ 27---Mirror Image 2; Spitfire returns: [1d4]=4; (start of 2nd round)
19.1Selina------24/ 30 (max 50)10pts Con damage---
18.5Simon------49/ 49------
11.6Kubo------31/ 31 ------
10.5Betimi------51/ 40 (+11 bonus refreshed every day)------
4.2Dog------??/??------
5.1Crozar------7/ 7------
5.1Elemental------45/ 45------
5.0Tomeal------57/ 57------

[Luceat: HD: 6; HP: 45; Speed: 50; AC: 16 (+3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 13);  Slam +7 melee (1d6+1 plus 1d6 fire); SA: Burn; Feats: Dodge, Improved Initiative, Mobility, Weapon Finesse]

Quote:Crozar will direct the Luceat to charge the spider thing and will move itself to H13 and fire off another chakri at the spider-beast.

Rivebow shot: [1d20+3]=18+3=21+1=22

Critical on the rivebow is 19-20/x3

Rivebow damage: [2d6]=11 so if I understand it right and that is a Critical, then that would be 33 damage, right?

[Crozar, I know you said, you'd attack the leg and the elemental will attack the body.  Selina suggested you attack the leg with both.  Which action do you wish to do?

Also, I'm wondering how you calculated your attack rolls.  Did you include the Bless and Dark knowledge?  As a 1st level character you have a BAB +0; Dex +1; plus the bless +1 and DK +1: +3.  Am I missing something?  You added +3 and then a +1??]