RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Selina blinks in confusion again, then it dawns on her.  Completely separate plane, completely separate creatures.  Of course they would not understand that dogs bark and cats meow.  With that, a wry little grin appears to crack her dour facade.

“I understand.  I’m certain they will be fine.  In any case, if I see something is wrong I will be sure to see what I am able to do to heal it.”
"Then your cheetah is safe at Simon's workshop Sir Kee. Our next stop."
[OoC: What I meant when I said, "what's stranger is I think they were barking and meowing back at him," was that it wasn't just someone talking to their pet with their pet barking because they are happy to see them.  It seemed like the Dog and Cheetah was having an actual conversation through barks and meows with the lizard.  The young Cactacae doesn't realize Piper was using some kind of Speak with Animals spell/ability.]

"Is there anything more you need?  I know we are working on the special spider armor for your friend and I will send a message to you when its finished but is there anything more you need to buy or fix?"  

[OoC2: If you're wondering what you bought just before you were arrested, you can click >>> here <<< to see where I asked you to post what you've purchased.  Follow the replies to my post to remind yourselves what you bought. ]
[[OOC1: Oh, I know. Just gave me an opportunity to have Selina be a bit more sardonic.]]
(02-21-2018, 11:38 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]"Is there anything more you need?  I know we are working on the special spider armor for your friend and I will send a message to you when its finished but is there anything more you need to buy or fix?"  

"oh Simon released the needed chitin? I thought he was not done his examination of it yet."

[OoC Betimi had merely asked how much such a suit would cost and if it even could be done. Simon hadn't given over the chitin yet.]
(02-21-2018, 11:38 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: What I meant when I said, "what's stranger is I think they were barking and meowing back at him," was that it wasn't just someone talking to their pet with their pet barking because they are happy to see them.  It seemed like the Dog and Cheetah was having an actual conversation through barks and meows with the lizard.  The young Cactacae doesn't realize Piper was using some kind of Speak with Animals spell/ability.]

"Is there anything more you need?  I know we are working on the special spider armor for your friend and I will send a message to you when its finished but is there anything more you need to buy or fix?"  

[OoC2: If you're wondering what you bought just before you were arrested, you can click >>> here <<< to see where I asked you to post what you've purchased.  Follow the replies to my post to remind yourselves what you bought. ]

The bad news delivered, the deed done, and the young cactacae was back to business.  Practical. The little one may need some coin he thought.  "I need a weapon, a shield, and javelins."  Forge looks around for...

a Greatsword
a Towershield
and Javelins with quiver

Ooc - Are there firearms in this world? I forget who has the money in the group. Betimi?
(02-28-2018, 09:18 PM)Forge Wrote: [ -> ]Ooc - Are there firearms in this world?  I forget who has the money in the group. Betimi?

[OoC we divided the treasure,  there is no party treasury at the moment.  Refer to http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....8#pid24898 -  we each got   2829.98 gp     You were absent as a player at that time, but we still gave Forge a share]
(02-28-2018, 09:35 PM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-28-2018, 09:18 PM)Forge Wrote: [ -> ]Ooc - Are there firearms in this world?  I forget who has the money in the group. Betimi?

[OoC we divided the treasure,  there is no party treasury at the moment.  Refer to http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....8#pid24898 -  we each got   2829.98 gp     You were absent as a player at that time, but we still gave Forge a share]

Ooc - Muchos gracias! Glad at least one of us is organized on this site Smile Forge was going to pay for the damages to the shop if there were any from his share once prices were settled on the items he asked about.
(02-20-2018, 11:15 AM)Ningalu Baal\urki Wrote: [ -> ][OoC in game terms you are actually preventing me from using Hide, denying one of your own teammates one of their best skills.]

OOC - sorry, haven't realised that as a player... Nor has Nacesh as a PC Smile

The spearman stares at Eek upon the first question but then quickly looks away, blushes with embarrassment, as the kobold expresses the perfection of his trade. With a moment of hesitation, he reaches into his satchel of insectoid snacks and invokes Mil to his hands.

"Dragonkin are so rare and few between nowadays. I thought you might benefit from someone making a feeble attempt at keeping you safe. Or at least safer than most. But you are certainly right, if I'm about to protect you from any kind of danger then maybe I should be looking at danger's direction, not yours.

For those happening to be eavesdropping or just passing by, it might seem that the guy here is talking to his pet lizard in a very convincing manner.
Bluff [1d20+5] = 20+5 = 25

(OOC - hope that will work for you Smile )
(02-21-2018, 11:09 PM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]"Then your cheetah is safe at Simon's workshop Sir Kee. Our next stop."

- Good to hear that then I will wait patiently. - and he starts walking from one wall to another. Big Grin