RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ningalu hisses at Tomreal's impatience, then slips into the nxt cavern to scout. instantly disappearing into the underbrush.

[OoC  he will venture about 45 feet out in an arc then loop back to report to his sibling, who he hopes will relay information back to the group standing in the entrance.]
Selina is about as stealthy as a rickety wheelbarrow full of organ pipes, so she stays back, getting her blade at the ready to charge in if needed.
Betimi sneaks up to the mouth of the cave where she kneels with her crossbow, watching for any sign Ningalu might be in danger.
(05-16-2020, 03:12 AM)Ningalu Baal\urki Wrote: [ -> ]Ningalu hisses at Tomreal's impatience, then slips into the nxt cavern to scout. instantly disappearing into the underbrush.

[OoC  he will venture about 45 feet out in an arc then loop back to report to his sibling, who he hopes will relay information back to the group standing in the entrance.]

With all the vegetation, Ningalu's line of sight isn't very good.  Sometimes it's no farther than the leaves that seem to cling to and smack him in his face.   His movement is limited to 15' per round so it takes about 20 rounds (so about 2 long minutes) for him to return.  When he finally returns, Ningalu says he saw a lot of frogs, geckos, bugs, snakes, and other marsh creatures but not much else.  There also looks like a fork in the passage but couldn't see very far except to say the main passage to the east, does not have as dense vegetation as the fork that points in a North-easterly direction.
Selina whispers  "Path of Least Resistance states we should take the Northeasterly passage.  'Right-hand Rule' states this as well."
"Right hand rule?  ...That would be passage to East, not passge to North-east.. the less bushy one. Snakes and frogs look yummy though, but me afraid might have strange magic."
Selina smiles and covers her mouth for a moment.

"Ah, your pardon.   I mistakenly thought you said West.  How silly of me.  You are correct.  That does leave us with a bit of a quandary, however.  Did you hear or smell anything besides those small creatures in either direction?"

[[Hehe.  Whoops.  Switched things up on myself and thought I'd edited the post well enough to say "other way".  Only got myself mixed up.]]
[OoC: Ning only scouted 45' which led him to just the start of the fork in the path so he wasn't able to perceive anything other than vegetation.  ]

[OoC: Ning should be rolling move silently and hide skill checks when he scouts.  If I suddenly tell him he needs to make checks then it would tip you guys off that something was there.  Or I can just assume he takes 10 since he's not technically threatened by anything... yet.]

"Perhaps Ning could scout another 20' or 30' down each path," Tomeal says.  "He might detect something of interest that could help us decide which path to take."
Ningalu nods.

"Me check each fork."

"You come almost to fork and watch for danger?" He asks his brother.  "Signal others if I get trouble."

With that he slinks down the path once more, moving carefully in the brush along the edge of the path.

[Hide [1d20+17] = 17+17 = 34; & Move Silently [1d2+19] = 2+19 = 21; & Spot [1d20+5] = 13+5 = 18]
[OoC oops d2 rather than d20 on Move silently - so rerolling]

[Move silently [1d20+19] = 9+19 = 28]