RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"We can easily outpace it, but we dare not stay trapped in teh side cave with only one way in or ort."
(11-08-2020, 08:12 AM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]Umm i stated I did not wait for the others before I started using lightning strike, did the lightning have any noticeable effect?

[OoC My post was half ignored}

[The lightning had no noticeable affect. ]
"Conversely," Crozar offers, "the fog is a recurring event, but only lasts a few hours.  While it is in place we have very little risk of anything wandering into the cave.  I would also stress again the the fog never enters the cave. Unless you have a specific safe place to run too, leaving the known safety of the cave seems the most dangerous path."
"You are certain it never enters the cave? If you are I will take you at your word. We can get back to sleep and rest safely if that is true."

She is obviously unaffected by the unsettling nature of the mist, it might as well be an ordinary day. The mist is simply another obstacle to bypass or overcome. How truly terrifying was her homeworld that she can simply shrug off such things like they are ordinary
Ningalu nods at crozar, but still moves to the furthest corner of the cave and hides before curling into a little ball of kobold and going back to sleep.
“Are you absolutely 100% certain it will not enter this specific cave?”  She didn’t like how desperate she sounded, but coming into direct contact with one of very few things that gripped her with such paralyzing fear was...a unique experience, to say the least.
Kubon moves to the back wall of the cave and starts carefully examining it for cracks and fractues, openings to a possibly other passage that leads deeper or to another chamber
Search (Stonecunning) = [1d20+2] = 11+2 = 13
"I've been here for a few days with nothing much better to do than observe.  I've not seen it enter the cave at all.  If Simon is right and this is a Torque phenomona, there is always a risk of change, but I believe the cave to be the safest location we know of." Crozar says with a nod of assurance.
Kubo does not detect any passages to deeper chambers.

Simon listens to the conversations, then adds, "I would have to agree with Crozar, that it's unlikely the fog will drift into the cave.  It seems like a localized phenomena.  Even now the Fog seems to have stopped advancing..."

When anyone looks, you do see the fog seems to have stopped but quite unsettlingly you can still hear moans and cries of pain while ghostly hands reach in your direction but then slowly they lose cohesion and drift off into nothingness.

"As long as we stay away from it we should be fine and if something changes, that's why we have watches.  Also we have plenty of room to run.  We can travel all the way back to the Fur-bee cave.  The fog would need to be seriously goal oriented to chase us all the way back there."
Selina sighs, still holding Tomeal's hand in a death grip of abject terror as she watches the pink mist slowwwwwly migrate.  The fear was still primal for her and she couldn't quite translate it just yet.  What she could do was come to a decision on where the group could go.  Whether they still followed her was another story entirely.

"I...do believe that we can all...agree...that coming into contact with that mist is the precise opposite of what we wish to do.  I am willing to trust our new friend, mainly because I would not want to take the off chance of running back to the Furbees and possibly endangering them as well.  Except they are quite a long distance from this place for the mist to travel.  And that will mean we also have to travel all the way back to investigate where the mist came from and whether it may hold what we need to return home.  I do not wish to be trapped, so I would prefer going back, only for the moment."