RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-27-2019, 12:51 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][thats mainly because she hasn’t officially drank it yet.  That someone communicated the turn so far and it’s not Selina’s turn yet.  When it is, we’ll know.]]

[OoC: That person may have revealed the potion's contents early but that person was only trying to assure Selina that Simon wasn't trying to poison her.  So this confusion was all for Simon's defense.   Tongue ]

Nang calls out to everyone, "That is an Invisible Stalker.  It flies and it's... it's invisible.  Ah...  And it Stalks people and stuff."  [Everyone gets +1 to hit Invisible Stalkers for 1 minute.]

[OoC: Baal'urki there is a little confusion.  You moved ahead a round.  Originally you stated you were pulling out the flour.  But Nang went before you an warned you that the Invisible Stalker was coming.  So I wanted to know if you were still going to pull out the flour (move action) like you said or just run.  You then posted you were throwing the flour.  But I'm still trying to find out from you if Ning, now knowing that the Invisible Stalker is coming, is still going to pull out the flour OR if he's just going to run.  You can pull it out and throw it this round but you can't move.  ]

Quote:Initiatives and Damage Updates:

25 Creature
23 Forge [3/ 37]
15 Kee [4/ 17]
14 Tomeal [1/ 48]
13 Simon [4/42]
12 Betimi  [3/42]
7 Nang  [3/8]  (Ning's twin)
11 Ning [1/17] 
10 Captain [1/41]
9  Guards  [Guard1: 12/20]; [Guard2: 12/20]; [Guard3: DEAD]; [Guard4: 0/20]; [Guard5: 10/20]
8  Selina [0/38], Dog: [3 damage]
5 Nacesh [0/21]
(03-27-2019, 12:51 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][thats mainly because she hasn’t officially drank it yet.  That someone communicated the turn so far and it’s not Selina’s turn yet.  When it is, we’ll know.]]

[OoC: That person may have revealed the potion's contents early but that person was only trying to assure Selina that Simon wasn't trying to poison her.  So this confusion was all for Simon's defense.   Tongue ]

Nang calls out to everyone, "That is an Invisible Stalker.  It flies and it's... it's invisible.  Ah...  And it Stalks people and stuff."  [Everyone gets +1 to hit Invisible Stalkers for 1 minute.]

[OoC: Baal'urki there is a little confusion.  You moved ahead a round.  Originally you stated you were pulling out the flour.  But Nang went before you an warned you that the Invisible Stalker was coming.  So I wanted to know if you were still going to pull out the flour (move action) like you said or just run.  You then posted you were throwing the flour.  But I'm still trying to find out from you if Ning, now knowing that the Invisible Stalker is coming, is still going to pull out the flour OR if he's just going to run.  You can pull it out and throw it this round but you can't move.  ]

25 Creature
23 Forge [3/ 37]
15 Kee [4/ 17]
14 Tomeal [1/ 48]
13 Simon [4/42]
12 Betimi  [3/42]
11 Ning [1/17] 
10 Captain [1/41]
9  Guards  [Guard1: 12/20]; [Guard2: 12/20]; [Guard3: DEAD]; [Guard4: 0/20]; [Guard5: 10/20]
5 Nacesh [0/21]
(03-27-2019, 03:48 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ][OoC: Baal'urki there is a little confusion.  You moved ahead a round.  Originally you stated you were pulling out the flour.  But Nang went before you an warned you that the Invisible Stalker was coming.  So I wanted to know if you were still going to pull out the flour (move action) like you said or just run.  You then posted you were throwing the flour.  But I'm still trying to find out from you if Ning, now knowing that the Invisible Stalker is coming, is still going to pull out the flour OR if he's just going to run.  You can pull it out and throw it this round but you can't move.  ] p

Ning will pull out the flour and move backm not throwing it yet.
(03-27-2019, 03:48 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [ -> ]

[[And I was speaking in your defense. Wink]]
Ooc ugh this traffic is epic, needed time to catch up.... sorry. For rd 1, hope you figured out that I rolled. For the rest, thanks fit jumping in. I still owe you a ref save,

ref [1d20+4] = 17+4 = 21

So total damage from two breaths is 1+2hp

Bic...

Nacesh takes up defensive stance, closes his eyes, readying his spear for approach of anything invisible. (Probably can't attack before being attacked, but maybe afterwards...)

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről
Ning pulls out his pack of flour and runs away as his twin suggested.  [Are you encumbered?  Is that the reason you only moved 20'?  Remember, Tomeal was happy to carry some of your stuff.]

The Captain continues to steer the ship.

The lead Guard(1) yells to another Guard(5) to run downstairs and wake everyone.  The Guard(5) takes 2 move actions to go downstairs. The other guards move in around Selina.  So determined one even kicks the dog away so he can move adjacent to her.  The dog yipes, and scurries between Selina's legs to her opposite side.

Finally, Selina takes the potion from Simon [move action] and drinks it as quickly as she can [Standard Action]. For a second her vision gets fuzzy before becoming crystal clear.  But the creature's invisibility is natural rather than magical so she can see only a dim outline of the Stalker.  However, it's still enough to know where to strike...

Nacesh is delaying [I'm assuming?]

Round 6

25 Creature 
24 Mephits: [Imp2: ??]; [Imp5: ??]; [Imp8: ??]
23 Forge [7/ 37]
15 Kee [0/ 17]
14 Tomeal [7/ 48]
13 Simon [4/42]
12 Betimi  [3/42]
11 Ning [13/17] 
10 Captain [1/41]
9  Guards  [Guard1: 25/20]; [Guard2: 12/20]; [Guard4: 10/20]; [Guard5: 10/20]
5 Nacesh [3/21]

Selina sees the vague outline of a large creature swoop up behind Ning and smashes the small Kobold with such force that it nearly knocks him into the deck of the ship.  [12 Damage]  Confused

Then suddenly three surviving Mephits pop up beside the ship.  Tee-Heeing happily, they all blow blasts of dirt and debris into your faces.  
Frustrated with the Mephits, Forge pulls out a non-magical Javelin and hurls it Mephit8 but it missesConfused 

Kee burns Invisibility to Undead to cure himself (for 11 damage) and then moves toward Nang but his armor is too heavy to reach the Kobold.

Tomeal fires an arrow at the weaker looking Mephit(5) (Who was at E12).  The arrow hits the imp in the chest knocking it out of the air again.  It falls out of site.

[EVERYONE ELSE'S TURN!  Remember everyone gets +3 to hit the Imps and +2 to hit the Invisible Stalker.]

[Image: erP7Mem.png]
[OoC1 I am size Small with a 20' moves speed.. not encumbered]

[Reflex Save [1d20+6] = 2+6 = 8]

Even with the shelter of the railing Eek catches the full blast as he struggles to stay standing.

Trying to stay alive rather than throw the flour packet, Ning takes a 5' step away from the creature that slammed him.
As he does so he again takes the potion of cure light out of his potion bandoleer [free action], and with his teeth pops the cork and swallows []he will swallow the cork if he has to.

[Drink potion standard action   Potion of cure light wounds [1d8+1] = 7+1 = 8]

[OoC2  HP: 17 - 12 -3 + 8 = 10hp  Sad ]
Did it attacking Ning trigger my Readied actioon to throw?
(04-01-2019, 07:51 AM)Betimi Wrote: [ -> ]Did it attacking Ning trigger my Readied actioon to throw?

[OoC: Your readied action was...

"Ready action to throw a shard if someone can point out the attacker, or if the attacker reveals its square in some way." 

He has not revealed what square he's in.  An invisible force smashed Ning from somewhere from behind him.   Betimi knows nothing about the creature's size or reach.  Since Nang named the creature nothing is stopping anyone from making knowledge: planes checks to get more info.  But you still wouldn't know if it's beside Ning, 10' away, flying directly behind Ning or 5' or 10' above the deck.

It's actually up to Selina to say something [free action] to help pinpoint the creature which se could do as soon at it appeared to her last round.  So depending upon what she does will determine if your ready action gets triggered.  ]
[[Question before Selina does anything. My plan is to have her use Leading the Attack on it. If she hits with it, it grants all allies +4 to melee to hit her target for one round. To maximize this effect, can she call out the location for Betimi, Wait for her to attack, then take her turn so everyone can take advantage?]]

[[EDIT: Whoops! Never mind. It’s +4 to “attack rolls” which probably means any type of attack. I’ll post my turn in a moment.]]