RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Cast a Spell while Grappled

You can attempt to cast a spell while grappling or even while pinned (see below), provided its casting time is no more than 1 standard action, it has no somatic component, and you have in hand any material components or focuses you might need. Any spell that requires precise and careful action is impossible to cast while grappling or being pinned. If the spell is one that you can cast while grappling, you must make a Concentration check (DC 20 + spell level) or lose the spell. You don’t have to make a successful grapple check to cast the spell.

[OoC: To cast a spell while grappled it either has to be a spell with no material component or you must have the Material component in your hand.  Both spells you want to cast need a material component.

Regarding Hit Points: I know.  If you look at the long line of numbers it says "0 damage."]
[[Things aren't quite as dire as I was initially worried about. I totally forgot about the potion of Lesser Restoration Selina took from the dead bodies near the 'wolves'. Now it's just a matter of crushing this thing before it crushes Ningalu and Selina can cure a bit of ability damage.]]
(04-30-2021, 04:04 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[Things aren't quite as dire as I was initially worried about.  I totally forgot about the potion of Lesser Restoration Selina took from the dead bodies near the 'wolves'.  Now it's just a matter of crushing this thing before it crushes Ningalu and Selina can cure a bit of ability damage.]]

[OoC: Thankfully you all were able to come together to get most of you completely healed.  But this Beast just looks really pissed off and it doesn't seem to be weakened much from the damage it has taken.  So, unless you guys can dish out a lot of damage, it will get at least 1 or 2 rounds more of stabby-stabby-grapple-constrict-squish.]
[[Tomeal can get into melee. Selina has a few things she can do to him to make him even MORE of a powerhouse. She's not going to give them to herself.]]
Kubo takes a deep breath, takes careful aim at the center of the mass of hairy spiky legs and fires his xbow.
MW Light Crossbow Attack: [1d20+8]=19+8=27+1(Bless)=28,
Light Crossbow Damage = [1d8]=3
(04-30-2021, 11:22 AM)Kubo Wrote: [ -> ]Kubo takes a deep breath, takes careful aim at the center of the mass of hairy spiky legs and fires his xbow.
MW Light Crossbow Attack: [1d20+8]=19+8=27+1(Bless)=28,
Light Crossbow Damage = [1d8]=3

Crossbow crit range is 19-20, thats a potential crit
Crozar will direct the Luceat to charge the spider thing and will move itself to H13 and fire off another chakri at the spider-beast.

Rivebow shot: [1d20+3]=18+3=21+1=22

Critical on the rivebow is 19-20/x3

Rivebow damage: [2d6]=11 so if I understand it right and that is a Critical, then that would be 33 damage, right?
[[Yes, but you still have to roll for critical confirmation.]]

[[EDIT: wait no, a crit is only on a roll of 19-20.]]
(04-30-2021, 01:05 PM)Crozar the Sunspot Wrote: [ -> ]Crozar will direct the Luceat to charge the spider thing and will move itself to H13 and fire off another chakri at the spider-beast.

Rivebow shot: [1d20+3]=18+3=21+1=22

Critical on the rivebow is 19-20/x3

Rivebow damage: [2d6]=11 so if I understand it right and that is a Critical, then that would be 33 damage, right?
Except your die roll was an 18, not a 19 or 20. And you would still need to confirm
[[Yeah, that.]]