RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[OoC: So Protection from Chaos is only on Ning/Nang and I fixed Selina's hit points.  Elphaba will note that normally Protection from Chaos has not been known to help with the Torque but for some reason while you're within a certain distance of this other energy source the spell works.

I'm still waiting to hear if you guys are satisfied with your positions on the maps.  I will probably start the combat Tuesday after my course.  ]
[[Does Selina still have the Aid from an unknown source affecting her?]]
You still haven't fixed Ning's or Betimi's initiatives

Ning's initiative = 22.4
Betimi 's initiative = 28.8

I had corrected these 10/08/2022 - http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....6#pid59036
{{Looks good to me.}}
(10-11-2022, 10:28 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: [ -> ]You still haven't fixed Ning's or Betimi's initiatives

Ning's initiative = 22.4

I had corrected these 10/08/2022 - http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....6#pid59036

And just like in your other game, you're not reading replies.
(10-11-2022, 10:28 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: [ -> ]You still haven't fixed Ning's or Betimi's initiatives

Ning's initiative = 22.4

Ning wrote:
Quote:Init [1d20+4]=18+4=22

Can Ning sense them within his 60 ft blind-sense?

Ning rolled a 22.  But he also gets a +5 bonus from Nang's Primal Instincts spell they share.  So 27.9 initiative?

As for Betimi, you wrote:

Quote:Also her initiative should be 28.8 because she has +8 initiative not +4 currently she has a Vestige bonus of +4 to initiative

Then I asked...

Quote:Wouldn't that give you 25.8 initiative?  You've already added 4 so another +4 from the vestige would be 21.4 + 4.4 = 25.8

And are the maps clear enough?
OK I totally forgot about Nang's promal instinct spell.
In my defense, Nang is technically the dmpc I have no access to track his spells or character sheet.

As for Betini's initiative you are right, 25.8.
Apparently I just can't do math
(10-11-2022, 11:24 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: [ -> ]OK I totally forgot about Nang's promal instinct spell.
In my defense, Nang is technically the dmpc I have no access to track his spells or character sheet.

As for Betini's initiative you are right, 25.8.
Apparently I just can't do math

[OoC: I was not doing a finger wag.  I just simply needed an answer because I could have been mistaken too.  So now we got initiatives settled...]

The overlapping pitter patter of movement above and below echoes off the pit walls making it difficult to figure out how many creatures there are but Ning/Nang can sense by micro-vibrations and subtle imperceptible changes in sound that there's about 6 small creatures about 30' away - two above and 4 below - lingering in the impenetrable darkness.  There may be more but the twins range is only 60'.  The Kobolds also sense they are also incredibly fast moving and agile.  Seemingly leaping back and forth from side to side in fractions of seconds.  Even with their blind-sight it's almost impossible to pin point their location.

[It's time for actions from Ning/Nang, Betimi, Kubo and Tomeal.]

[Image: 49MZ2NQ.png]
[[Did you see my question?]]
Ning calls out to the party that there are two of the creatures above them, and four below. 
He follows this up by trying to communicate their approximate their approximate distance (give or take 10 ft) 

[OoC I assume they are moving too quickly to be more accurate than that] 

"Use area of effect spells and effects if you have them.  They're going to be hard to hit!" as he yells out this information, he flies up the shaft to about the middle of the party and then attempts to haste (targeting Selina, Tomreal, 
Kubo, Betini, Simon  and Crozar. Everyone but Elphaba and himself)

~"Got any magic that can help bro?"~

Torque Check [1d20+12]=7+12=19 - a little closer than I'd like but good enough