RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Betimi stands, takes a 5' step to G-11, as her eyestalk snakes from under her hood and fires a beam of electricity at lice3.

Eye ray [1d20+10]=7+10=17; Damage [1d6]=4 g4 for firing into melee, but it's ranged touch so maybe
Ning reloads his crossbow silently, allowing Nang to cast his spell. He will wait to see if Nang needs to be moved before he fires.

[OoC rolled in case Nang needs only a 5' movement, if he fires it will be at lice1]
Light Crossbow Attack [1d20+8]=10+8=18; Damage [1d6]=5
[[OOC: Realize I may be jumping the gun a little bit, but I don't know if i will be around tomorrow. Presuming that Lice3 is still up and in range, Crozar and the Elemental will attack it: Greatcleaver: [1d20+6]=17+6=23; Damage: [3d8+4]=7+4=11, if it isn't a valid target, Crozar will take a 5' step to G8 and attack Lice2 to help Kubo, and the elemental will move to H10 and attack the swarm.]]
ROUND 4!!  

Initiative NameDamage HealedDamage InflictedCurrent Hit PointsConditionsNotes!
20.6KuboCure 8(Selina)[ +1pt(Nang)5pts (Med Lice); 18pts(swarm)22/27 (Was 39)Critical!!+2 saves; -6 Con (10); Fast heal 1 until Round 18
19.5Simon------ 00/49---+2 saves; Flying up 10'
16.1Selina------ 18/52(was 58)---+2 Saves; -1 Con (15) 
10.2Tegab---2pts(sm.Crab); 8pts(Swarm1) 26/??Critical!!+2 Saves; -2 Con
14.4Betimi---7pts(Lice1);5pts(Lice3) 12/52(was 58)---+2 Saves; -2 Con (12)
14.4Ning/Nang------00/27---Flying up 5' | Breath weapon returns on Round 6
20.4Medium Lice 2---6pts (Kubo);+2pts (Kubo);19pts(Ning);10pts(Simon);5pts(Tegab); 11pts(Crozar); 3pts(El) 56/??Critical!!---
20.4Medium Lice 3--- 18pts(Crozar); 8pts(El); 22pts(El);4pts(Betimi); 11pts(Tomeal) 63/??DEAD!!---
9.4 Large Swarm 1--- 24pts(Simon);9pts(Ning);22pts(Simon) 55/??Critical!!---
8.2Tomeal---2pts(sm.crab);7pts (Med Lice);13pts (Swarm2);9pts(Simon);14pts(Swarm2) 45/48 (Was 66)CRITICAL!!+2 Saves; -5 Con (11)
8.1Crozar---2pts(sm.crab);5pts(med Lice);3pts(Med Lice1)10/13Critical!+2 Saves; +2 AC
4.1Elphaba------??/??---+2 Saves

Quote:Notes:
Everyone except Ning/Nang has Conviction:  +2 Morale bonus on all save throws for 50 minutes.
Ning/Nang emanating Circle vs Chaos. Gain +5 to CL roles for Torque checks. (Everyone except Tomeal gets this bonus)
Goldilocks zone: Everyone gets +2 bonus on Torque checks.

[Elemental Stats: AC: 17+2 = 19; Attack: +7; Damage: 2d6+1 (Slam) ] 

Movement: Speed reduced by half and you can't charge or run.  5' steps are still allowed.

Betimi moves 5' and then allows her eyestalk to fire a ray of lightning at Lice3 who's battling Crozar and the two elementals.  The beam strikes the lice, burning a hole into its protective chitin.  [4 damage]

Nang uses Ning to speak the words of a spell then touches Kubo.  [Lesser vigor; Duration 15 rounds.]  Kubo is healed 1 hit point.  Nang hopes the spell will keep him alive if the Swarm hits him this round.

Lice2 continues to snack on Kubo [-1 constitution.  Con 16 - 5 = 11 (new Con).  His new Maximum Hit Points is 27! ]

Lice3 spots a new tasty target.  It moves 5' south-west and leaps at Betimi!  [OoC: Betimi, do you know where your +2 misc mod comes from for Melee/ranged/Grapples?]

Bite attack: [1d20+7]=14+7=21, Damage: [1d6+1]=4+1=5, Grapple: [1d20+15]=13+15=28; HIT!!; 5 Damage; -1 Constitution (12); No Max Hp change; Grapple Automatic.

The critter spears Betimi through the shoulder and latches on.  She feels vitality being drained.

The last swarm creeps to the west 5' to engulf the Dog too. 

Selina was attacked last round but miraculously took no damage!  It was like the damage from all the tiny bites never happened.  The Swarm tries once again to overcome her, kubo and tegab.

Selina: Swarm Attack: [1d20+13]=11+13=24, Damage: [4d6]=18; HIT!; -1 Constitution; Damage 18; Lose 6 hit points off maximum (58-6=52 max hp's)
Kubo: Swarm Attack: [1d20+13]=6+13=19, Damage: [4d6]=18; HIT!; -1 Constitution, Damage 18; New Con = 10; No change to Maximum.
Tegab: Swarm Attack: [1d20+13]=14+13=27, Damage: [4d6]=13; HIT!; -1 Constitution; Damage 13; 

The swarm crawls over all three of their body's and begin feasting on every piece of flesh they can find!  While Selina is still in pretty good shape, she begins to feel the critters slowly draining away her vitality. 

Kubo is fighting to stay alive.  All of his exposed skin and orifices are crawling with a writhing blanket of lice fighting over whatever flesh they can draw blood from.  The dwarf knows he's not going to survive much longer. 

Tegab is on deaths door.  The dog whimpers in agony as the swarm of lice slowly devour every drop of blood in his body.

Tomeal sees how dire the circumstances are so he decides to forgo healing himself.  Instead he takes a 5' step and attacks the Lice3 who's slurping on Betimi.

Flanking Attack: [1d20+15]=17+15=32, Damage: [1d8+8]=3+8=11; HIT!!; Damage 11!

The Paladin lifts his blade and impales the creature through its side!  The Louse screeches in pain, then curls up its legs and falls off Betimi.

Crozar takes a 5' step west then hacks into the Lice2 attached to Kubo.  The blade sinks deep into the creature but it refuses to release the dwarf! [11 damage!]

Crozar's elemental can't harm the Swarm so (I assume) he orders it to attack the Critter sucking the life out of Kubo.  The Elemental agrees and closes the distance with Lice2.

Slam Attack: [1d20+7]=3+7=10, Damage: [2d6+1]=8+1=9; Miss!  

Unfortunately Crozar's Elemental misses Lice2.

Elphaba's Elemental moves to flank with Selina...

Flanking Slam: [1d20+9]=20+9=29, Damage: [1d6+1]=1+1=2, Fire: [1d6]=1; HIT!  MINIMUM DAMAGE!  Possible Critical!
Flanking Slam: [1d20+9]=2+9=11, Damage: [1d6+1]=6+1=7, Fire: [1d6]=3; CRIT Failed!

The Elemental strikes the critter! [3 damage  Rolleyes ] Reflex save: [1d20+2]=12+2=14; Does not catch fire, again.  Confused

Elphaba points at Kubo and yells, "Dwarf! Do not resist..."  [Kubo, are you going to accept Elphaba's spell?] 

It's now KUBO, Simon, Selina, Tegab, Betimi, and Ning/Nang's turns.

Map!!
[Image: c5I6fsK.png]

[[I am going to wait and see if Simon still has one bomb left for the swarm. That's the biggest danger for us.]]
(10-12-2021, 08:44 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: [ -> ][[I am going to wait and see if Simon still has one bomb left for the swarm.  That's the biggest danger for us.]]

[[I double checked and he's all out of bombs.  Sad ]]
[[Blast! Sorry, not sorry Tongue]]
Selina coughs and glares at the vicious creatures, batting them away with her hand. Tenacious little buggers, they were. And she was starting to feel just how much. This was a problem. Tomeal was low, as were Crozar and Kubo. Even her poor dog was not looking well. Things looked grim. But she slowly takes a relaxing breath when the swarm has backed away for a moment, lifting her sword into both hands and pushing the darkness in her heart outward. A nimbus of dark energy surrounds her, Tegab, Betimi, Kubo, and the Sun Elemental Crozar brought forth. This energy does no damage, but keeps everyone on-edge enough to have quicker reflexes in certain ways.

[[Free action: activate Island of Blades stance. Selina and any ally who is adjacent to the same creature treat that creature as flanked for the purposes of their attacks. http://www.tob-tools.net/maneuvers/island-of-blades/]]

This being done, she draws on all of her righteous anger and lifts the blade skyward...then brings it down with a yell onto the lice.

[[Standard action: Crusader's Strike against Large Swarm 1 with flanking bonus added. Because she has taken damage, 5 points of that damage go into the Steely Resolve delayed pool and activates Furious Counterstrike, granting her attack +1 to damage.]]

Swing: [1d20+11]=5+11=16; And a Drive!: [2d6+4]=5+4=9; Something: [1d6]=4

[[Why do I even bother sometimes? I don't know if that will even hit, but if it does...]]

She then turns to Tegab and touches him, the light of gentle healing filling his form.

[[Healing...]]
Crusade: [1d6+4]=5+4=9
[[Just a reminder that swarms are immune to most damage except energy damage.  So if you target the swarm you'll do 4 damage.  I don't know if that affects your healing power.]]
Kubo responds, "Yeh go for it!" Kubo still very desperate to get the lice off of himself while he still has some CON, will desperately try to swipe it off again by hitting it with a throwing axe weilded as a hand axe, hoping to finish it off.
Handax(Primary) Attack = [1d20+5]=13+5=18, Handax(Primary) Damage=[1d6+3]=5+3=8Dmg