RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Full Version: New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Alright, back to sleep then everyone. Kubo and I will keep a sharp eye out."
Crozar settles back in position, locking its pseudo-wooden joints and quickly drifting into it's best imitation of a sleeping tree.
Kubo heads back to his watch,  "Dang it wut are we doin about da wolves?"
"I suspect the mist will take care of them, if not I dealt enough damage they will still be there in the morning and we can bury them, then they will suffocate.."
“Crozar said the wolves avoided the mist.  We can wait for the mist to fade before checking on the ‘wolves’.”

Selina then beds down, eyeing the pink fog warily.
[OoC: I will be granting some xp for how you handled the Fog encounter.  So remind me if I forget when I next give experience. ]

It's only about an hour before it's Selina's and Tomeal's turns at watch.  The pinkish fog is still present but it seems to stay localized to the small cavern to the north.  While Selina gets ready to complete her midnight prayers, Tomeal watches closely and at one point he decides to kneel beside her and join in as best he can.  About halfway through their shift, they quietly watch as the eerie glow of the fog to suddenly dim and then fade into the ground, completely disappearing.  Tomeal will spend the shift getting to know Selina and her religion a little better.  He was really feeling a connection with the beautiful Selina.  They watch for an additional hour so the Arcane spell casters can catch up on their sleep.

[OoC: If we are using this watch it should be Simon and Crozar's turns.  ]
Twilight:
Ning/Nang

Evening:
Betimi 
Kubo

Night:
Selina (Midnight Prayer) 
Tomeal

Morning:
Simon
Crozar
Awoken carefully by Tomeal and Selina, Crozar stretches and yawns prodigiously.  It confirms that the mist has not done anything odd and wishes them both good rest before carrying it's rivebow and cleaver to the cave mouth and settles down with it's weapons in easy reach.  When Simon comes up, Crozar asks for an explanation of the Torque sensor device and how it functions.  Simon's explanations often go over Crozar's head and it asks for clarifications and simplifications often. It is earnest in it interest to gain a deeper understanding of Torque and it's possible elemental connections, but when the conversation moves much away from elements and planar knowledge, it doesn't have much to contribute and is just trying to makes sense of whatever Simon is willing to explain to it.
Selina begins to smile as she sees Tomeal participating in her prayers.  Strictly speaking, they were her own way of communing with her goddess, but noting his desire to join her was adorable.  At least at first.  When he shows himself to be a bit more devoted, whether to her religion or herself, it was endearing.  She spends a fair amount of time deep in prayer, mainly because she needed the comfort it brought, as well as the closeness, and now Tomeal was only adding to that with his own.  At some point during their watch, Selina reaches out and gently takes Tomeal's hand, giving him a small smile of appreciation for how well he was taking care of her.  She couldn't remember a single time in her life when she had ever been so utterly, completely, abjectly terrified of anything.  She would never call herself courageous, in keeping with her closely-held value of modesty, but this concept of becoming an unknown, something which was part of a great expanse of diffuse elements, to lose her identity, her sense of self, her individuality...it was absolutely mortifying to her!  She is grateful she listened to Simon and Crozar, two beings native to this plane, as they steered her correctly in regards to where the group could stay for the night.  Now they had to keep watch for the 'wolves'.

[[Selina is incredibly happy that the mist did not venture into their cave.  While she is not a fan of being trapped, body horror seems to be her worst fear.  Now I need to figure out her spells.  I should have them ready before tomorrow hopefully.]]
Tomeal was really enjoying some time alone with Selina.  Normally they might be able to slip away from the group to find a cozy corner of a tavern to get to know each other.  But since they arrived in this world the group has been practically on top of one another.  Tomeal liked everyone in the group.  He just wished this situation was a little more normal.  

Grateful for the extra hour spent with Selina, he reluctantly states, it's time call the next watch.  He stands and help's Selina to her feet.  When their eyes meet Tomeal tilts his head down and gives her a soft but passionate kiss.

Crozar and Simon are woken up gently for their turn on watch.  Simon thanks Tomeal and Selina then takes a position near the mouth of the cave.  When Cozar asks him about the Torque, he'll attempt to explain it as quietly and as simply as he can.  As for his sensor device, he explains that it's not all that difficult.  Each light meter determines the type, level and intensity of Torque energy.  The device can also detect Elemental Energy, Spiritual Energy, Possible energy, Torque Energy, as well as Crisis Energy - Which is an exciting new Unified Field Theory.  

Nothing further happens through the night.  

In the morning, everyone is awakened.
It is morning, but has it been 24 hours since Betini bound Focalor? She bound him just before we fought the creatures that cause rage and the two headed beast attack.